Search Results

Search results 1-9 of 9.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Unit Production

whakomatic - - Suggestions / Criticism

If you want to simulate production efficiency perhaps making a second+ instance of the same unit built in the same region cost slightly less money and resources...

• Quote from Butter Ball Bill: “Quote from whakomatic: “MODS: Is it possible to do a poll when a player leaves a game to ask why they left to gather reasons that could be addressed with changes somehow? ” You don't need to ask a mod or any other staff for this. You can't add a poll to a game. ” The purpose of the poll is for the devs to try and get a better understanding of why people join and abandon so quickly. Its not for me personally as I would not be able to do anything with that data.

• Lets not hijack this thread with PTW complaints. Instead Lets discuss the problem with all the leavers... I recently joined a full game on day 1 and one day later (yes day 2), it was down to 2 players. wtf?!?! I dont understand why people join and leave so much. Maybe they are looking to be a specific country? Maybe the devs should allow you to pick an open country in a game so you can browse by country and only join if you actually want to play? MODS: Is it possible to do a poll when a player l…

• I have the same issue of attacking air units. it clearly uses the air combat values of the land units when it should do something different when they are attacking the airfield. I am attaching a screenshot example. forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…7c0886b6407d7e351bee8d75d

• Alternate Units

Quote from Butter Ball Bill: “They should also be able to develop super heavy tanks and rocket artillery too, going by what you are saying. If we go with that, this will have a nigh on uncountable amount of unitas that could be put in from mine dogs to disc shaped aircraft to solar guns to another Death Star. ” We already have the idea of super heavy tanks and rocket artillery in the form of tech upgrades to existing equipment. What else is an upgrade to a heavy tank but super sizing it I would …

• Alternate Units

My point remains -- let the player develop carriers if they want them. This is a simulation strategy game and developing alternative history and technology deployment is half the fun. Nations developed their doctrine based on their sometimes arbitrary views that players can and should deviate from. If we all had to do things the same way as the real Germans then is not much new and interesting to simulate...

• Paratroopers.

Paratroopers were dropped behind enemy lines and probably their most effective use was on D-Day in Normandy (also as someone else mentioned they had success because their reinforcements were rushing up to meet them). In the scale of this game behind enemy lines would still be inside the province you are attacking. They would never be used to invade an entirely different province without support. That is why I dont see much value in adding them to the game.

• Alternate Units

This game does not have historical accuracy from the start so why not allow Germany to develop Aircraft Carrier tech if you want them? If a German player wants to waste all the resources needed go ahead and let them do so. The game allows other nations to make V-1+ rockets for example...

• Wait until you lose Airplanes the same way...