Search Results

Search results 1-11 of 11.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Is the economy dead ?

Swirl - - Questions and Answers

Here's another tip: Don't build all tanks...build a variety of units -- bother mobile and non-mobile -- such that you don't spend all your Oil on up-front builds and on heavy maintenance. Here's a good model: Each army should consist of 1 or 2 types of tanks of not-too-dissimilar-speed (i.e. light and medium or else medium and heavy) with a total of about 5 to 8 total tanks. The army should each have about 3 Anti-Tanks and 2 Anti-Air Cannons. If the tanks are mostly light or medium sized, then m…

• Is the economy dead ?

Swirl - - Questions and Answers

Be a civilization player...build build build!!! Build Factrories whenever possible...and Infrastructure...especially in Food and Oil provinces. Rare Materials are important too. Don't worry about expanding Metal and Goods too much and here's why: if you capture lots of territory very fast (using careful strategy, not just blunt rampage), then you can keep up with Metal and Goods via captures. But do build them up where they provide a better return on your investment. Also, if being invaded, star…

• Fortress Cannons

Swirl - - Suggestions / Criticism

I remember that the old Microprose game "Colonization" had fortresses that would fire on nearby ships that got too close. It's probably what inspired this idea. But mostly, I just want to see the Fortress do more than just sit there and look pretty. Perhaps occupancy could increase the effect (or lack thereof decrease it) by a percentage. Maybe Militia can increase the artillery function and Infantry increases the AA function. Maybe Artillery stationed at a Fortress get a higher accuracy such th…

• Fortress Cannons

Perhaps range would be set the same as the equivalent range of the corresponding artillery research. Also, the artillery and anti-air research might need to be done for the Fortress to have the capabilities. Or maybe any fortress's strength of AA and Arty is dependent on current research while the level of the Fortress determines the equivalent number of the current arty and AA units that are built-in.

• Fortress Cannons

I think a great new addition to making the game more realistic would be to add built-in Anti-Air and Artillery Fire to Fortresses. An owned Fortress could have added abilities based on the level of the Fortress. Fortress Level 1 -- Short range artillery function with strength of 1 level 2 Artillery Gun Fortress Level 2 -- Short range artillery function with strength of 2 level 2 Artillery Guns -- Anti-air function with strength of 1 level 2 Anti-Air Gun Fortress Level 3 -- Mid range artillery fu…

• Pest control

Swirl - - News

What are the advanced filtering possibilities that those of us who can't afford the High Command are missing? Because I've been begging for months to get a sort-by-Money-Income filter and now it's probably been included where I will never get to use it anyway. I actually hope the new filter doesn't include that since they'd be taking my idea and rewarding the payers with it while I get nothing.

• Gold Spamming

I think what most users find difficult to comprehend about the whole Gold-spamming issue isn't that there are fools who are soon parted with their money. The real rub is that the company encourages it. They facilitate it. They make it possible and they advertise it constantly. This is their right. So they set the rules. Seems fair, right? But then, what about Nation-pushing? It's a strategy that goes by several names, but -- in essence -- it's basically controlling more than one nation so that y…

• Gold Spamming

continued from previous post... Remember the day when you could buy a game at the store, install it on your PC, and you owned the title? Remember how you had the ability to play against other people in the multiplayer community and it was a courtesy that your pre-investment purchase helped to fund. The company would offer free updates and you'd pay for major expansions or buy their next game because the developers were glad to create new and rich content or even entirely new games that their pre…

• Gold Spamming

Quote from ~Azazel~: “Here's a hint, $20-30 in gold, all spent at once, will get you roughly 30-45 units, depending on how many resources you had before you started spending. ” That many units is huge in the first week of game play and can make a world of difference in your momentum in the game. Quote from ~Azazel~: “That is not game-breaking. In fact, it's actually quite easily defeatable. It's not that much. I don't think you understand how little in-game value even 20-30$ actually has. ” To j…

• Gold Spamming

Quote from RasHerbs: “The World is ABOUT THAT. And most of all, money can t make you win. Money can help you win. Gimme the name of multiplayer game where money means nothing. Quake III? ” Team Fortress, Civilization IV That's two I can think of right off the bat.

• Korbian Alliance

Swirl - - Alliance Introductions

here's a strategy map for Archangelsk in map # 1334708 forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…302f89d6c5425098195f85f76