Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I don't use tank destroyers or commandos anything like often enough to have an opinion on either of those changes, but I'm indignant about militia. The fact that they're easy af to defeat once you've found them, unless they're in a huge stack, is I think an acceptable price for something that's really easy to hide. Granted they're more overpowered than one would expect from something that I've always understood to be the cheapskate quantity-over-quality unit, but not enough to warrant this chang…

• Release Notes - 2024-04-09

Lady Aragosta - - News

Quote from freezy: “Quote from Lady Aragosta: “Humph. Militia was my second-favourite unit (first place goes to artillery) precisely because of its stealth properties. Thanks, Bytro. I'll read through and meticulously respond to the full discussion when I have more than 15 minutes to spare. This is outrageous and deserves a proper weigh-in, but for now I just wanted to put myself on the side of 'what did you do that for?') ” Well of course people who like using Militia because it was super power…

• Quote from Lord Crayfish: “Wankpanzerpumpernikelsauerkrautwagen IV ” Those are certainly all words. German ones, even, for the most part.

• Release Notes - 2024-04-09

Lady Aragosta - - News

Humph. Militia was my second-favourite unit (first place goes to artillery) precisely because of its stealth properties. Thanks, Bytro. I'll read through and meticulously respond to the full discussion when I have more than 15 minutes to spare. This is outrageous and deserves a proper weigh-in, but for now I just wanted to put myself on the side of 'what did you do that for?')

• Quote from Lord Crayfish: “Phenolphthalein, aka 3,3-Bis*(4-hydroxyphenyl)-2-benzofuran-1(3H)-one and the phth combination is a contender for the hardest consonant cluster to pronounce. Fortunately shortens to PH, appropriately enough.*not di- ” Doesn't surprise me that I spelled it wrong. Then and again I could have spelled it worse. ('Fennelflalene'.) Good Hangman word anyway.

• Quote from K.Rokossovski: “Quote from Lady Aragosta: “Quote from cycle9: “Planes do not 'run out of fuel" in CoW. Neither do they, or any unit, run out of ammo. Such foolishness would make CoW far too realistic. An active player can re-route planes that are returning to base, as long as the new destination is within the 90 degree cone. ” Unless the rules have dramatically changed since I last played, planes do have to refuel. ” Planes don't have to refuel after patrolling, that's the issue here.…

• Quote from cycle9: “Planes do not 'run out of fuel" in CoW. Neither do they, or any unit, run out of ammo. Such foolishness would make CoW far too realistic. An active player can re-route planes that are returning to base, as long as the new destination is within the 90 degree cone. ” Unless the rules have dramatically changed since I last played, planes do have to refuel.

• Wait, so was he actively recalling them, or were they heading there automatically thanks to being out of fuel?

• This thread is giving me the oddest deja vu.

• Supply Drops

Lady Aragosta - - Suggestions / Criticism

I don't know about that myself, I feel it conflicts with their purpose, but I'm going to leave it at that since we evidently feel differently on that point.

• Supply Drops

Quote from 1101Pathfinder: “I feel the real loophole abuse comes from Negotiating a war just to acquire a supply drop. ” Yeah that's what I was trying to say. And negotiating to actually start a war with someone takes just as much trust, since it's very easy to abuse permission to do that. I'm not really sure where you were going with that comment actually. Or, as a result, where I'm going with this one.

• Supply Drops

No, because technically that negotiation is loophole abuse. The point isn't to give you free stuff, it's to make you go to war with people you might not otherwise. The reason why it's possible to get it under controlled circumstances where both parties agree to it is because the game can't distinguish between regular attacks that get called off early and attacks that were agreed to in order to claim a supply drop.

• Supply Drops

Their purpose is to incentivise you to declare war on your neighbours. You can always try negotiating with neutral/allied states, asking them to allow you to temporarily declare war and take the province and drop. You can then allow them to recapture the province, restore peace, and it's polite to offer them half the loot from the drop (unless it's a blueprint) for their trouble. (You can also claim that you want to do this if you need an excuse to backstab them. Not that I've ever done that of …

• Expansion morale

Lady Aragosta - - Questions and Answers

Quote from BladeFisher: “Adding to the OP a question. When attacking from your homeland do you have to go contiguously ie adjacent provinces. Was told if you didnt it affects morale. ” I believe the reason for this is that morale is partially affected by how many warring countries' provinces are surrounding it, so if for example you move into a RoW city and declare war on its country that city would be completely surrounded by enemies, whereas if you simply crossed over your border into a neighb…

• Greenland

Mate, have you seen how big some of the Russian provinces are? And African ones for that matter. And some of the ones in Alaska are pretty respectable too.

• Did they not teach you about sarcasm and snarkery in the United States?

• Yet here you are, implying at least some curiosity on your part.

• Already a backstab planned. Good for you. How long do you intend for your alliance with British Egypt to last?

• Forum Ranks

Lady Aragosta - - General Discussions

Quote from Death_Over_Communism: “Quote from Carking the 6th: “For fun? Not much else. ” That's the most that I could think would be somewhat reasonable. But they also mentioned basing your entire belief about somebody, on their rank, which definetly wouldn't make sense ” The idea that someone could be basing their entire belief of someone around their rank is not, to my knowledge, something that happens in practice, so I created this poll to make sure of that. The reason I did was because someb…

• Quote from Karl von Krass: “Quote from Lady Aragosta: “Quote from Karl von Krass: “I don't know how the British, an abomination, were able to sprout out of the Fair and Just Americans. ” My sanity demands that I not engage that statement. ” I agree with you. Such idle considerations on the epistemological nature of the "British" may harm our minds. You could say, it could be quite "crass". ” Ditto for this one.