Search Results

Search results 1-19 of 19.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Best countries to start with?

Per5eu5 - - Manual

Quote from Fox-Company: “I usually play as Canada or Egypt in CoN 22, natural borders(Water for Canada and AI/Water for Egypt) and very few other players around that don't have other problems to worry about(North US will worry more about South US because no one ever plays Canada), in my opinion, Libya and Algeria are not good countries because unless you make one of your surrounding countries your ally, you will most likely be attacked by 2 nations very early, which will always happen to at leas…

• Best countries to start with?

Per5eu5 - - Manual

In Europe - Clash of Nations (22 player map), I like to play as Caucasus. Northern border protected by Cossack Republic (bot), eastern border protected by map border, and western border is semi-protected by the Black Sea. Core provinces are relatively easy to defend: Put one division in Rostov to keep an eye on Ukraine and guard the border adjacent to Turkey. You can choose to attack Cossack or Turkey. Other good countries in the same map are the African countries, like Algeria and Libya. I love…

• Quote from Lord Crayfish: “Quote from jubjub bird: “It's for those who love pain and/or fighting AIs for weeks at a time ” I actually like doing this.I much prefer playing with or against human players, I like the community. But when they go inactive, fighting large AI can be fun too. ” Yeah, especially when I underestimate an AI. When they declare war because of poor relations (lol), I get caught off guard by the scale of the AI's army. (Now, I'm more prepared for sneak attacks from AIs) Also, …

• Remember, damage is only inflicted every time the attack counter resets (every 30 minutes). Meaning, you are free to retreat your railroad gun for 29 minutes and 59 seconds AFTER damage is dealt each time. Unrealistic, I know. But ranged units in the game do not need be stationary after their attack counter just reset. Here's what you do: Start bombarding, make sure the attack counter has started counting down (meaning that damage is just dealt to the target), then move your railroad gun for 29 …

• Retiring from a game

Per5eu5 - - Questions and Answers

Update for you guys: When I made my first post, it was Day 9 (and I was indeed the only active player left) and the retirement option was not there. It's Day 10 now, still the last active player, and now the retire button appeared. Seems like jubjub bird is correct: It's three or less. I have successfully retired, thus ending my first Romanian game in the "Europe - Clash of Nations" map. 210 VP.

• Retiring from a game

I've seen similar threads about this topic, but I want a confirmation. According to the wiki, "If for some reason most other active players dropped out and only 3 active players remain, they can mutually agree to retire the game round. If such a situation arises an article and a retire button automatically appear in the Newspaper." Okay, cool. But I'm the only active player remaining in a Europe - Clash of Nations (22 players) map, and the retire button does not appear in the newspaper. I've che…

• New player bonuses

Quote from Fox-Company: “Quote from Per5eu5: “Yugoslavia (aka the new player I'm referring to in my first post) seems to have played Call of War or similar games before. They are not as reckless as a typical newbie; instead of attacking me instantly by sending units one by one over the border, Yugoslavia is building up armies by the border. Besides, they began counter-patrolling my borders last night. Might declare war in a few hours. Day 2 now, so I'm producing more mot. infantry and medium tan…

• New player bonuses

Yugoslavia (aka the new player I'm referring to in my first post) seems to have played Call of War or similar games before. They are not as reckless as a typical newbie; instead of attacking me instantly by sending units one by one over the border, Yugoslavia is building up armies by the border. Besides, they began counter-patrolling my borders last night. Might declare war in a few hours. Day 2 now, so I'm producing more mot. infantry and medium tanks. So far I don't see any Yugoslavian mot. in…

• New player bonuses

Quote from jubjub bird: “AFAIK they get a medium tank automatically and then get to choose between another med or a mech inf ” Oh goddamn it... Ah...okay, I'll have to plan this out.

• New player bonuses

prnt.sc/7m8kbzRkgl6b What bonuses do new players receive in their first game? I know there's a medium tank and an increase in resource productivity for all cities. But click the link I attached (it leads to an image)...a mech. infantry too? It's only day 1 of the game and this level 1 player already overpowers me.

• Pausable Researches

Per5eu5 - - Suggestions / Criticism

If you start a research and choose to abandon before it is 100% complete, the game should not remove any made progress of that particular research. Instead of refunding a certain percentage of resources spent on the research, research progression will retain, free up a research slot, and 0 resources will be returned. In the future, you can resume a 'paused' research and pay no resource, since you've already paid for it in the past. This is a problem if you accidentally clicked a research that yo…

• My suggestion would be to make air units as weak as convoys whenever they are on the ground. Makes them more vulnerable when they haven't taken off. Makes more sense that way.

• Quote from cycle9: “not unrealistic, the assumption is that fully fueled and armed air planes at a functional air field will scramble to their defense before the enemy air hits. this could be made clearer, if an animation were added to show the air planes taking off. another problem with this mechanic: planes do NOT scramble if under a ranged attack! ” I thought it was unrealistic because I was imagining planes firing up in the sky while on the ground, like AA guns but less flexible. It's not qu…

• Thanks. Well, that's very unrealistic.

• When air units are on the ground, how strong are they? An interceptor on the ground can't possibly defend against enemy planes...right? What I'm trying to figure out is: If I use a rocket to bombard a city with 20 air units stationed there, will the air units resist a lot of damage? I know that rockets can't be shot down, but the stack I'm trying to hit has a total of 52.5 defense against air targets. Here comes the question...planes shouldn't deal full damage if they are not flying. Are they as…

• Explain this

Per5eu5 - - General Discussions

If I am not wrong, sending messages don't count as an action. You can be inactive while sending tons of messages, as long as you don't construct buildings/research/produce/move troops. I've heard this somewhere but I cannot confirm, nor can I remember where I heard it from. That's the only explanation I can come up with.

• That is a rather complicated system. The game would have to detect if a province is being surrounded by enemy troops. What is the definition of 'surrounded'? Each path leading out of a province centre has enemy troops on them? Do enemy troops need to be within a certain distance away? If the state of being surrounded increases revolt chance, does it also increase garrison strength requirement to prevent revolting? This is a nice suggestion and would make the game more interesting. But I doubt By…

• Quote from Undaunted: “Quote from Bombo: “Hi boys! The end of the first day is near! Now I don't think there will be much change between now and day two, so I decided to start the summary of what I did today. I'll try to divide everything into phases! Policy: Italy and Germany joined Scotland in coalition, while Russia stood alone! So I decided, after some reflection, to let Romania join the coalition, both as a defense but also because I have in mind to invade Ukraine which is very weak since i…

• I don't understand why people tend to join games, then proceed to abandon them. If you know you won't be spending time playing, what's the point of hopping into it in the first place. Looking at the Europe - Clash of Nations (22p) map, most of them are level 1 players (who are probably playing their first game). Yet, almost all of these newcomers give up right away without making a single actions. It makes me wonder if they are real players or not, as their usernames are always "user + a string …