Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 63.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Comintern interceptors

Sewur - - Suggestions / Criticism

Aka the only doctrine that has a whole branch unplayable(aircrafts) followed by mediocre 3 more (naval, infantry, tanks). With only ordnance and secret being decent. Okay their tanks get buffs but it doesnt change the fact that all of them are slow AF therefore still mediocre. If we are talking about doctrines being beyond broken that was Axis RRGs before rework but the general complain was on RRGs, not the absolutely broken Axis RRGs. And somehow game was still playable... So i will happily wat…

• Comintern interceptors

Guys give some love to Comintern. (I know some hate commies irl but that shouldnt affect the game). Here are my reasons why Comintern interceptors shouldn't have nerfed reasearch times: -They lose ANYWAY against the same level interceptors of any other doctrine. So i dont understand why you kick someone who is already down. (To clarify they lose resource wise, lower costs dont recompense this) -It's quite a challenge to find someone building interceptors anyway and this buff probably wont change…

• Comintern vs Panasian

Ok, so i will conclude that you have to play passive for a couple of days if you neighbour active Panasians and then try to fight with them when you have enough of RAs, ATs, MTs or TDs and some bombers to catch their LTs/Acs. But im pretty sure you can go much further by playing Panasians where your activitity and initiative is more valuable. I also wonder how behind can you be as Comintern to be able to catch up to Panasians. Comintern's SPRA is a true monstrosity so i guess the moment you have…

• Comintern vs Panasian

Quote from Carking the 6th: “You’ll still move faster on your core than them. They have a lot less he’ll do they get slowed down by damaging them. ” And vice versa when you try to catch their artillery. The thing is that all Comintern starting units are basicly worthless so you need to catch up to Panasians. You need to build up your economy to have more power than them but it's impossible because they will happily go in when you try to expand. You basicly clear the land for them. The only way C…

• Comintern vs Panasian

Also i know Comintern will win mid/late game IF they have similar economy. But thats just impossible to achieve in my opinion

• Comintern vs Panasian

As per artillery vs artillery duels Comintern has -25% cost -10% damage Panasian has -10% cost +15% damage vs no armor -10% HP Panasian looks better but i wont do math on that. Even more when you take into account that Panasian artillery is actually fast enough to chase or run away from Comintern units and get to the battlefield in reasonable time. So the strat is doomstacks and hope that Panasians for some reason will contest them instead of taking your core. It's like walking in a fog trying t…

• Comintern vs Panasian

Eh im talking more about 100p maps and i have yet to see Comintern nation conquering (active) Asia. But from my experience good players rarely pick those Comintern nations, maybe for some reason... maybe not...

• Comintern vs Panasian

Quote from Carking the 6th: “Strike when they are weakest. Conquer. ” By the time they are weakest you are no longer on the map. Also the conquer part sounds to me like losing all core provinces while our slow army is not home. Their arty deals more damage to no armor, faster also cheap, sooner research.

• Comintern vs Panasian

It's impossible to play as Comintern against Panasians in Asia. They counter you in every way possible. In Asia there is so much space and most of the terrain is plains that it is impossible to deal with Panasians. (Yeah you can bunker up in your core but you can't leave it savely...) Panasian artillery is better than Comintern's, their infantry is WAY better, their ACs and LTs are also WAY better. Their interceptors easily shut down your bombers. In my opinion there is no damn reason that Panas…

• Ye, so extension penalty, reduced resource production from conquered cities, ramping app cost of army upkeep, negative morale from distance from capital. In consequence more random bots attacking you. Hmm how can we punish solo players more?

• Infantry and food

I appreciate the response but the problem in my opinion is that food is mostly needed for recruiting stations not the infantry itself, therefore the moment you have built up them in all of your provinces the need for food drastically drops. It's not for units it's for buildings. So Bytro buffing infantry misses the problem which is not the power of infantry but their manpower cost. Even as Comitern nation with 2 food provinces i still can't produce infantry because it's not what my army needs fo…

• Infantry and food

If you asked me: what for is food used (in CoW)? I would say it's for recruiting stations. Seriously you need some food in early game for artillery and ships, maybe in a crisis for a couple of infantry and then for recruiting stations. It is absolutely usless late game. I think the problem of the resource is mainly because units that use it are mediocre for the manpower they need. The only infantry i can think of as somehwat useful is motorized Axis and mechanized Allies. But even for those doct…

• Infantry and food

If you asked me: what for is food used (in CoW)? I would say it's for recruiting stations. Seriously you need some food in early game for artillery and ships, maybe in a crisis for a couple of infantry and then for recruiting stations. It is absolutely usless late game. I think the problem of the resource is mainly because units that use it are mediocre for the manpower they need. The only infantry i can think of as somehwat useful is motorized Axis and mechanized Allies. But even for those doct…

• I think a part of why 10 cruiser + destroyer stack is that good is because it's too expensive to fight subs melee and battleships simply cant run away from them. So if you build battleships you cant really rely on a couple of destroyers to protect you because you will lose the fight anyway. (at least economically)

• Quote from Carking the 6th: “To be fair commie subs are MUCH cheaper and easier to produce, but you still have a point. ” But they deal WAY less damage and dont have Pan-asian level of speed. But yeah, im mainly complaining about destroyers being bad.

• Submarines maybe are not that broken when we look at doctrines other than Axis. But Axis' subs are totally broken. They trade well against all doctrines' destroyers except for Allies'. Funnilly enough they trade 1 for 1 with Comitern's and Pan-asian destroyers on the same lvl which is a joke.

• Quote from Carking the 6th: “I mean DD are a nice and cheap but of extra health if needed. Sure nothing can smoke them melee, but 1 destroyer and 9 cruisers can outrun and smoke you that way! ” But in my opinion it's not okay that theoritically hard counter to subs is most effective in just scouting for subs. It's like 1/2 of a counter. It will find them and then someone else gets kill them. It's like destroyers dont even have 1 job they have 1/2 of a job? But are we seriously forced to research…

• Im pretty sure its numbers game: 30bb get smoked by 10 subs 30 cruisers get smoked by 10 battleships 30 destoyers get smoked by anything other that subs 30NB get smoked by 10 interceptors/ 10 cruisers in stack with other ships 30 subs dont get smoked by 10 dd (20 to 10 is pretty even trade) <- that is unproportional to comparisons above The thing is nobody will amass dd otherwise than to counter subs. You can play Cruisers to bombard cities, air defense, some shooting scooting potential. You pla…

• That's how it is in theory. Subs are faster than battleships but it might get doctrine specific... To respond to attack of stealth units with shooting and scooting is setting up a quite high standard, doesnt it? You need to be active enough to respond to subs appearing in 54 view range of destroyers (pan-asians). And then countinue such manevour for prolonged time since bombardment units deal a little damage to subs. "You need a surface fleet to actually project naval power". Yes as i said you n…

• I feel like the possibility of bombardment is very expensive. If you defend you need subs, naval bombers and interceptors. All the cheapest units in their branches. Easy to keep them all upgraded. You cant go wrong with that. Opponent will always have to spend uproportionally large amounts of resources to attack. If you attack you need basicly every single ship. Theoritically you could play only cruisers and destroyers but then you invest quite a lot into them and you cant afford meeting battles…