Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 193.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Happy Holidays - From the Bytro Team

Kolonnos - - News

Cheers, Bytro!

• Maps

Kolonnos - - Questions and Answers

Perhaps while spectating another map that has just been listed (that is, early in the round, so that the borders have not changed yet), you could print a screenshot of the country of interest...

• Unable to send messages

2000 characters.

OK, a lesson learned for me, and I hope this helps others... I had exceeded the message length limit, so the 'Send' button remained greyed out. Once I reduced the length of the message, I was able to send it normally.

I tried with Firefox, same problem. The 'Send' button remains greyed out.

I'm unable to send a new message, or reply to a message that I receive via the Home page system-wide mail-messaging service. (I can still send messages from within a map to other players on the same map.) Is there an account setting that I have wrong?... Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

• Comintern vs Panasian

Kolonnos - - Suggestions / Criticism

Recently I played against PANASIAN for the first time. (I have played CoW on and off for some years, but never as PANASIAN, and by luck I had always had PANASIAN teammates.) I was very impressed by PANASIAN speed (they are stupidly fast) and how tough the units are on any terrain.

• This thread went in an interesting direction from my first post. It's a surprise to me how the topic morphed.

• Has Bytro posted a schedule for the universal peace days/dates this holiday season?

• I remember the old system made more political sense... Declaring war on another country was a bigger deal back then. You had to cafefully consider who, where, and how many enemies to deal with. The current system seems too soft on players. Perhaps the current system could be tweaked, or a fusion, somehow, of the old and new systems...

• I imagine this has been discussed before, but... I remember a time when in CoW the number of active wars a player had was an important part of the game. I don't remember the details, but the more active wars, the greater the morale hit. I don't know whether the 'expansion' morale penalty replaced the old system. But I don't feel that it's enough. I don't feel that players are worried enough or suffer enough consequences from excessive active wars. Right now, a declared enemy A.I. won't trade wit…

• If my friendly unit is moved thru where a stealth unit is, does the stealth unit automatically (and necessarily) initiate combat? EDIT: In other words, where a friendly unit is moving, or both enemy stealth unit and a friendly unit are moving. SECOND EDIT: Never mind, a situation on the map just clarified my doubt. Yes, even when moving the stealth unit will attack. Thank you all just the same.

• I'm sorry to ask clarification... Does that also apply when either the enemy stealth unit or a friendly unit is moving?

• Thank you very much, You-Know-Who

• QUESTION: Can enemy stealth units walk thru friendly units?... or are they just not detected only from a distance? That is, how can you stop a stealth unit physically if you don't have a scout unit of high enough level?

• Release Notes - 2023-11-28

Kolonnos - - News

Thank you, Bytro

• What's it called?...

What's it called?... when one player works with a second player to allow that second player to easily capture the country of the first player?... I'm not complaining. Players team up and work together in various ways. I'm just curious to know the proper term or slang expression for such practice. Thank you.

• Doctrines page status?

Thank you, TheZhukov.

• Doctrines page status?

Are there new updates needed for the Doctrines' page? wiki.callofwar.com/wiki/DOCTRINES I don't know. It was last updated in January 2022. Call of War is so big and complex, I'm worried there may be changes that haven't been included on the page. I don't want to miss any details. Excuse me if the current page is already correct and complete. I'm just curious. Thank you.

• Well those are good points