Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 272.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I like the long times when someone is trying to attack me and obviously don't like them when I'm trying to attack someone else

• Quote from MontanaBB: “Quote from ATownGtr: “1. Swipe Credit Card 2. Buy Gold 3. See who can spend the most 4. Winner = Refer to #3 ” I don't know whether to laugh or cry. ” lol, my thought being the more they spend the more additions we get to the game yea?

• 1. Swipe Credit Card 2. Buy Gold 3. See who can spend the most 4. Winner = Refer to #3

• lol, yes being able to queue research would be a welcomed addition to the High Command benefit!

• It's really not that expensive, I pay for it 6 months at a time and it's only $5\mo. that way. Small price to pay to be able to set rally points, queue builds and set fire controls on units. Throw in the ability to play Elite AI games for and it basically pays for itself if you play often enough.

• Nuclear Sumarines

ATownGtr - - General Discussions

They do much more damage and more defenses than regular subs and they also move faster. 60km\hr for the nuclear ones vs. 45km\hr for lvl 6 regulars. These are good to use as interceptors on the water, they can attack and stick to a fleet until your battleships get there. The nuclear battleships are even faster at 75km\hr.

• Atomic bomb

ATownGtr - - Suggestions / Criticism

I believe it considerably lowers the morale of the province that got hit and it does take a while to build back up.

• i dunno what to do

ATownGtr - - Bug Reports and Issues

I think this is a known issue with some of the games and Bytro is addressing it. I though I saw a thread on it earlier.

• Mass gold players

Or maybe just a number that indicates a percentage of games that a player has used gold in. This way at least you can view the profile of someone and tell whether or not they are 'likely' to use gold against you and that would help with defensive strategies maybe ?

• Mass gold players

On the 100 player map I've been able to beat gold spammers by rallying allies around them. No one really wants a gold spammer around them and you would be surprised how they will gang up to get rid of one if they can or at the very least make him commit to spending

• Mass gold players

It's part of the game. learn to deal with it.

• Submarines

Depends on the situation, which is pretty much the case for any game. You have a strategy you want to carry out however the current game position says you should do something else. I always produce a good bit of subs because they light things up and for cheap. Not to mention they can take out a whole fleet of big ships if they aren't protected properly. I use them like light bulbs all around the waters surrounding my territory, kinda like sonar buoys. That being said though on the big maps with …

• Would Hitler suck at Call of War?

ATownGtr - - Off Topic

Well considering that it has been written that Hitler was a pretty decent Meth junkie and was tweaking half the time anyway, my guess is that he would be up for days non stop playing and this is key when playing against other human players. I don't really think that he was much of a battlefield commander, that I would credit to his Generals. He just came up with the plans that they carried out and in that aspect he would probably be good at the game. On the flip though he would only be good for …

• Do you have all of your barracks and naval bases turn on 'enabled' ? If so shut them off and see if this helps. Also if your army is huge with units that have infantry\men attached they also have a daily food cost, send them into war and thin it out a little. Food\Manpower\Army Size\Population is a balance in the game, if out of balance well you can see what happens. Also don't build up on provinces that don't produce anything unless you need to. As you build your population increases and the ne…

• Considering the information that a well planted spy could give in real life the game doesn't even touch on how much of an advantage having a spy network brings. So that fact that you get one little snapshot in time when you use this feature is rather simple. You only get a snapshot, not a window to see who is moving where and when for any given amount in time. The best way to combat if you suspect that someone is doing this to you is to keep you units on a looping patrol through your provinces. …

• Best thing to do is get you a little yourself and keep it just for times like you mentioned. I use gold but not as an advantage to wipe someone out as if this becomes your natural strategy this game will be expensive for you. After a while you can earn some gold from playing an winning in games on a regular basis but this wont provide what you need to fend off an attack like you mentioned. You can either use gold to defend form early blitz attacks until you figure out how to do it without gold o…

• Is extreme metal boring now?

ATownGtr - - Off Topic

Well as a metal head from the early 80's I can say that the age of the true "Metal" band is long over. You have plenty of them all doing the same thing and sounding the exactly the same on the DM scene but no one you will spend $100 a ticket to go and see that's for sure. Hell I wouldn't fork that out to even see Metallica with anymore, which in my opinion is the last of the true metal (not extreme) bands out there. Grunge killed metal imo... they definitely killed the 80's era of your typical m…

• Military Police

To suggest that there weren't times when military POLICE didn't POLICE citizens would be a fallacy. I would agree that it wasn't their main function but certainly MP's were used to maintain order in occupied territories and not just for military personnel. At any rate it surely isn't the responsibility of militia but then again if you have a riffle pointed in your face your are probably going to to do what you're told regardless of who's holding it!

• I would agree that production in a conquered country should be lower than at home however to suggest that it should be an across the board 25% rate is just too simple. From a programming standpoint I understand it as it keeps things simple but if realism is still part of Bytro's philosophy than at some point in time there should be some sort of adjustment as to how the morale plays out in conquered situations. I like the idea that was mentioned in another thread about the ability to build units\…

• Military Police

I like this, it's a better solution to having to leave parts of your force behind just so there wont be revolts.