Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 179.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from MontanaBB: “Quote from NovaTopaz: “There is a separate section for HP in the terrain sections, for each individual terrain type. Usually HP does not vary by terrain type except for armored cars and tanks in cities . . . ” AND EXCEPT: 1. refueling aircraft have reduced hit points, as noted above; 2. aircraft truck convoys have reduced hit points, as noted above; and 3. ocean convoys of aircraft and ground units have reduced hit points, as noted above. All of which are important excepti…

• AI attacking me? Again

NovaTopaz - - Questions and Answers

Quote from T-3PO: “In this historic WW map, America, my ally, went inactive. Then a few days later, war was declared, but he was still marked inactive. America, controlled by AI attacked me. I'm mad because this has thrown a complete wrench in my plans. I had almost no troops in SA, but now he attacked me there. ” Had this happen on the 100 player map. Was America employing the use of aircraft before he went inactive? Aircraft controlled by the AI have a tendency to cause war unintentionally, fr…

• There is a separate section for HP in the terrain sections, for each individual terrain type. Usually HP does not vary by terrain type except for armored cars and tanks in cities(TD's do not count as tanks, they count as motorized AT guns, hence why they don't get a decrease to health in cities). All other land units have uniform health across all land terrain types, only strength will vary considerably.

• Honestly, this is probably the wrong place for this type of post. And why did you label it as on hold when it clearly isn't? Lol.

• Quote from Quasi-duck: “"wasting" resources building lvl 3 barracks, which speed up the production of manpower and all units built in that province, as well as building the strongest infantry unit in the game. ” ... Manpower is pretty easy to accumulate. And that speed up production thing is NOT unique to level 3 barracks. Level 1, 2, and 3 barracks have a 25%, FLAT production speed bonus across all three levels. So yes, it is usually a waste of resources to upgrade to level 2 or even level 3 ba…

• Field Hospital

NovaTopaz - - Suggestions / Criticism

Quote from Quasi-duck: “Quote from MartinB: “This is unfair to the more cautious types, and also makes the game less realistic. ” Lol this is stupid, a quick turn around of casualties and break downs is what makes a great army. This why the Sherman was so great, it could take hits, get fixed and be back out the next day. The Germans had great trouble with this due to tanks that could not be easily maintained, so they had less units on the front to overwhelm enemy forces. This is why things like …

• Just remember guys, if we keep this discussion going in this direction it derails the whole point of this thread. The only reason this hasn't is because we are having a discussion on the validity of his points and that sort of stuff. Mech infantry is one of those units that falls in with heavy tanks, nuclear stuff and actual nukes. They are difficult to make, upgrade, and usually come far too late in most matches to make an impact in a war situation(IE the course and fate of the entire match is …

• Achievement Reward System

NovaTopaz - - News

Quote from BeerBelly: “Quote from Sasri: “The update is not fully done yet. When the problem still exists after the news today is posted please let us know. ” So my post has been ignored by mods/devs thus far. Are you really going to alienate so many veteran players by only giving rewards to new players that don't have the achievements that I already have completed? I'm amazed that nobody at Bytro wants to do the right/fair thing. Pissing off your loyal core of base players to attract some noobs…

• Quote from Quasi-duck: “Quote from MartinB: “Strongly disagree with this. Motorised infantry is very very useful. Mainly because you need to stack them with tanks to compensate for the weaknesses of tanks. ” Yeah that is what they are for, and how you should use them. My problem is they are not worth building because by the time the first units hit the frontlines, you'll probably already have mechinf ready to be built. Imo they have too short of a window of opportunity to be used before somethin…

• Field Hospital

Quote from Quasi-duck: “Quote from NovaTopaz: “While the field hospital is a nice idea, I don't think it is really needed for most purposes. However, how about instead of that, they make a field replenishment depot..... ” I think this will get even less support than my idea. ” And yet I explained the rename... You don't make a hospital for an army. That is one of the reasons most of these threads never get far, is due to the naming convention of the heal increasing mechanic(at least for many of …

• Field Hospital

While the field hospital is a nice idea, I don't think it is really needed for most purposes. However, how about instead of that, they make a field replenishment depot(considering that injured and dead are dealt with automatically and all that is really happening is your troops being replenished with more men, supplies, and equipment) that modifies the healing equation to round up instead of round down, in a radius around the province it is built(we'll say 200km radius for this example). This mo…

• Quote from Gen Tarkov: “I would highly recommend never playing in the same game as your friends with anti cheat enabled. As the anti cheat software will think you are cheating. If you want to play with friends then you need to create a private match with Anti cheat disabled ” Or just play the match while your not with your friends directly. The game has a system to do so, it's called global chat, lol.

• Buggy app

NovaTopaz - - Bug Reports and Issues

Quote from Spiffolo: “ Sometimes when i select to move some troops from a spot to another it takes F***up path(checked by infrastructure level and such and also done the same movement from the pc and there goes normally the shortest one...from the app it takes long routes where maybe there is even less infrastructure ) ” PC also has this issue on occasion, it usually happens with ranged units like artillery taking a bad path toward attacking the selected target or sometimes because the game can'…

• The Art of War

NovaTopaz - - Community Events

This, friends, is MA HOUSE. Nobody messes with MA house, or my nieghbor's house. For they shall feel the wrath of thunder. Also another picture from a game I had before I took my last long break. I have many rockets and stuff... You could call it the great Siberian fortress, or something. Not much of a fortress when I made that picture, though.

• Quote from Little Racoon: “ (in the real world, armored cars replaced LT, but not in CoW). ” I just want to correct that part. Light tanks are what replaced armored cars, not the other way around. But in recent times, with the distinct lack of conflict, light tanks have fallen out of use significantly, with armored cars filling in for them(APC/IFV's more or less replacing light tanks). And also because wheels are much cheaper than tracks. But really, armored cars and light tanks fill two differe…

• Retaining Players

Quote from Spitfeur: “ That's a full week of doing very little. I don't mind it myself but I am guessing that the inability to do anything significant for first week pushes a lot of players away that might otherwise have been happy with the pace of the game but get put off by a week of relative inactivity. ” And there is the biggest issue... The pace of the game at the start is very slow and there is pretty much nothing you can do about it. While you could fix it by having a larger portion of un…

• Quote from T-3PO: “ 2) Nuclear Carriers-I've only ever produced one, and I hardly ever used it. It's rare material guzzling and I prefer to research aircraft carriers and build a few, rather than using the Nuclear Carrier. ” Just thought I'd correct that. Lol. Nuclear carriers don't use oil.

• Yeah, I saw this exact same problem playing South India. It only lasts a day, but it is consistent, it only occurs with the specific province shown above by him. 2 inputs doesn't really give a good sample, but I figured I'd mention that he isn't the only one.

• Quote from kenibor: “Well, thank you for your reply. But it's not true that only Turkey has two single rare provinces. I can see France, Libya, Romunia (it has 3 single rare provinces. or Cumunisstic Russia has also two single rare provinces and many countires has one double-rare province. So I dont think this is some advantage for Turkey. But had I understand you when you said that Turkey has better offers on trade market? Is that true? ” I'll put it this way for you: Not everything is equal, l…

• Quote from Diabolical: “From Wikipedia, this is "a plot of normal distribution (or bell-shaped curve) where each band has a width of 1 standard deviation". Note that a standard deviation is denoted by the sigma Greek letter "σ". The deviation indicates the likelihood of a random value within a range is likely to occur. In the above normal distribution, the area under the curve represents the total likelihood of a random value (within a selected range of values) occurring within that band. Thus, …