Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 59.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Release Notes- 2020-11-03

Alkyonor - - News

1604063650_news_images_17925.jpg Attention, Generals! Today’s update brings not just one, but two new map versions to Call of War! Check out the reworked versions of the “Europe - Road to War” map and the historical “1939 - Blitzkrieg” map that are now available in the game! Both maps received a general re-work to adjust them to the new gameplay and to make them better balanced. The new Europe - Road to war map in particular is intended to become the new standard map for competitive matches. Bot…

• We had a server issue the last hour which is in the process of being fixed. We expect games to get back online within the next 30 minutes.

• We have identified the issue and are currently fixing it. We expect the games to be back very soon now.

• Game will not load

Alkyonor - - Bug Reports and Issues

We have identified the issue and are currently fixing it. We expect the games to be back very soon now.

• Game not loading

We have identified the issue and are currently fixing it. We expect the games to be back very soon now.

• Error

• Are the Servers down?

Quote from Tauriguard: “And finally (and that goes to Felix and the Community Management team ONLY) i completely understand the heat you guys take when... "incidents" like that happen. But you are our only gateway (and not a 502 bad one) to Bytro. ” No offence taken. And believe me, we can understand your frustration and know what can happen to a game which you cannot access for a couple of hours. We sometimes hide it behind 'corporate' responses, though.

• Update: Connectivity Issues

Alkyonor - - News

Dear Call of War players, since 2am our webservers have problems processing requests, making the Call of War webpage and games unreachable for many players. We are still trying to nail down the cause. We are suspecting a problem with internal email sent by the servers, which lead to connection being blocked. We are working on solving these issues as fast as we can, and update you here once systems are stable again. We are very sorry for the inconveniences!

• Are the Servers down?

Dear all, unfortunately, the issue seemed to be more difficult to solve than expected. Since a couple of minutes website and games should be slowly coming online again. We will shortly address the reasons for the incident and what we are doing to prevent similar incidents in the future. For now, please accept our aplogies for the inconvenience and that long waiting time.

• Are the Servers down?

We are indeed working on it and the games should be up in no time again. (Sorry for that nuke, Dramos.)

• Modern Combat

Alkyonor - - News

Events will start with a little delay. Please bear with us.

• Modern Combat

Alkyonor - - News

1512051691_news_images_7161.jpg Generals! Are you tired of waiting for that aircraft carrier to be available? Did you never even get close to research the Commando unit? Have you learned to stop worrying and love the Bomb? Then join one of our Modern Combat event maps! This special event map will throw you knee-deep into trouble: On the Clash of Nations map (22p), players will start the game with all research available and completed! The full arsenal of modern warfare will be at your disposal. (…

• Cannot enter game

First of all I would like to apologize on behalf of Bytro for tonight's problems (which are still persisting for some users). We know this has caused and lot of grief and should not have happened. The reason was a database error which was resolved after an hour or so - but rebuilding the database took even longer. We will have to review the extent of the damage and how to mitigate it for affected players, but for now I simply ask I you accept our apologies for the inaccessability of your games a…

• Dear all, first of all I would like to apologize on behalf of Bytro for tonight's problems (which are still persisting for some users). We know this has caused and lot of grief and should not have happened. The reason was a database error which was resolved after an hour or so - but rebuilding the database took even longer. We will have to review the extent of the damage and how to mitigate it for affected players, but for now I simply ask I you accept our apologies for the inaccessability of yo…

• Origins

Alkyonor - - Off Topic

Nice thread (despite the generic title ). Quote from maje205: “I think it's a pretty interesting piece of info to say as it can 1) allow Bytro to see where their users are coming from ” This however, we can easily determine through other means internally. Still, it is interesting to know which places on the web you normally use for discussing your games and finding new ones.

• Concise feedback on the game creation limit is always welcome. Especially the Frontline Pioneer issue is a valid concern: FP games should probably be considered separately from normal games – we will consider that. As for the general 1 game per month limit: The ridiculousness of the concept depends largely on the availability of the right maps to join. This is what we will keep monitoring and where we rely on your feedback. As for private games: I agree that the new system limits the possibility…

• Operation Highjump

Alkyonor - - News

Quote from MontanaBB: “It could be fun, but I'm holding out for the "Iron Sky" goose-steppers on the moon map. You know, the map where liquid oxygen is the key resource and Sarah Palin is listed as the president of the Western States of America. ” *Hastily scribbling down notes...*

• Operation Highjump

Alkyonor - - News

1506430653_news_images_6526.jpg Generals! The race is on. Rumors have it that the 1939 German expedition to Antarctica had not been solely about establishing whaling stations, as the Nazis tried to make us believe. We have gained intel about a German submarine arriving at an Argentine naval base two months after the Nazis surrendered - with the crew telling a different tale. A tale about several fully operational research facilities scattered across the Antarctica, stuffed with advanced technolo…

• War Management

Alkyonor - - News

Hi Diabolical, we have already noticed that the game creation limit does not make much sense for FP games which are specifically meant for testing purposes. We will find another solution for Frontline Pioneers. They should not be forced to 'spend' their 1 game on test maps.

• New Game Management

Alkyonor - - Beta Feedback & Issues

With today's update we have added the ranked/unranked information to the game details again. We will continue to improve the display to both provide a quick overview and not miss important information.