Search Results

Search results 1-15 of 15.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Closing - Day 20 I didn't write anything for Day 17-20; nor did I remember to take screencaps, sadly. I will say that the final days of the war (Day 16-18) were a tour-de-force on the parts of the entire Blue Star (Eastern) Coalition. By the close of Day 16, Egyptian and Russian battleships had shelled American and Spanish-occupied cities in Algeria into dust, preventing any localized reinforcement, and Ukrainian U-boats and a Battleship Flotilla had taken control of the Strait of Gibraltar, and…

• Day 16 unknown.png The tide of the war is now well and truly in the Eastern Coalition's favor. Recent third-party statistics have revealed the true depth of the losses sustained by the Western Alliance in their initial invasion; yesterday's hypothesis has been proven, as the sum-total of the Coalition's forces now outnumbers those of the Alliance by over 3:1. In addition, the Coalition's fleets in the south have succeeded in attaining total naval supremacy in the Mediterranean; Ukraine's U-boats…

• Day 15 Early on this day, Ukraine formally declared open war on the forces of the Northern United States. This declaration was followed shortly after with the destruction of an American armored column as they gave chase to outnumbered Egyptian troops in the Sahara Desert, only to be met by a waiting Ukrainian Panzer Division. In North Africa and Southern Europe, the Western Alliance's first offensive has ground to a halt, and the combined forces of Ukraine and Egypt drive steadily across the san…

• I was doing a sporadic play-by-play for some friends over Discord, and I figured I'd share the highlight entries from the last five days of the game. My country was Ukraine (Axis Doctrine), and there were no major features being tested at the time, so it was a pretty bog-standard 1.5 game. The story will span the first few posts in the thread thanks to the forum not liking large images. Enjoy. --- Clash of Nations, 1939 (22-Players) Nation: Ukraine [Technology Doctrine: Axis] Day 13 unknown.png …

• Global Popularity is an integral mechanic of the game, and to my experience is meant to curb the pace of aggressive players in order to level the playing field across the board. You gain popularity when you're not at war and when you have positive relations with the AI, while you lose popularity when you start wars, and for every day that you're at war. You won't lose popularity for defending against an aggressor nation, and you'll lose less popularity for fighting defensively. If don't go to wa…

• Can second Tibet; I did a pseudo-journal for a Pacifist Tibet game a few months ago, and it was honestly the most fun I've had in an Asia game in a long time. Most of the country is mountains and forest, meaning that the Pan-Asia Militia, Artillery, and AT are just plain OP. With about a week of mixed infrastructure development, infantry/ordinance research, and careful Militia/AT/AA production, one can easily turn Tibet into a fortress and develop every resource province until mid-game, at which…

• Favorite Doctorine

Cipher36 - - General Discussions

Pan-Asian on defensive in a country with plentiful forests, hills, or mountains. PA Militia + AT + Artillery + AA (+ forts (optional)) = death to all would-be invaders; few to no armored units required.

• Leaving your cores undefended is begging to be meme'd - you got played by a bait 'n switch. As Karl observed, it's a legitimate, albeit uncommon strategy. Word of advice: Accept the loss, learn the lesson, and make sure you've got your bases covered in the future, up to and including naval and land defenders in your home territory.

• Best Units Call of War

Cipher36 - - General Discussions

Pan-Asian doctrine Militia in Central Asia. The Mountain terrain bonus is insane, and even half-upgraded Militia can punch way above their weight class. Couple them with some Artillery and you've got the slow and steady road to victory in Central and Western Asia.

• Thanks for the responses, guys. I write fiction in my free time at college (and I just finished college), so it's good to know that my storytelling skills are holding up even in pretty straightforward reporting. I did a sporadic RP-esque play-by-play of a Europe At War 22-player round as Spain awhile back in a Discord server, but nobody else on there played the game or was even remotely interested. I might snag those 'reports' and repost them here sometime in the future.

• So, three weeks ago as I was finishing up a round of Europe: Clash of Nations, I decided to add a little something to my plate since progress in that round was a little slow. I joined a round of Historic World War 1939, but the majors and strategically advantageous minors were all taken; so I picked Tibet. Then I decided to meme a little. I made Non-Aggression Pacts with my player neighbors (UK, British India, and Nationalist China) that stated that I was trying to see how long it would take to …

• I was able to refresh the site and get into my one game thirty minutes ago, where I was able to spend about fifteen uninterrupted minutes updating my orders and ordering new construction. Then I closed the game tab, and five minutes later when I tried to refresh and get in again, even the main site was once again returning a 502 error. Sharing for feedback and clarity, not complaining.

• Quote from MontanaBB: “Quote from I'm Sleepless In Seattle: “The lack of AB is obvious, but for simplicity i would think they should just be made as a very weak infantry unit. ” Except airborne troops were NOT very weak infantry. The American, British and German airborne infantry were elite formations that were often used as shock troops because of their excellent training and ridiculously high esprit de corps. What they lacked were the heavier weapons of a typical infantry division and their ow…

• My favorite mainstay unit has to be Militia. A vast majority of the territories on every map are Hill and Forest terrain, meaning that a majority of the time, Militia receives a 75% bonus to attack and defense in all categories. Militia are of course cheap and quick to produce, and cheaper to maintain than standard Infantry. Assuming the these Militia are fully up-to-date in Research - which is also the cheapest research to conduct, if I recall correctly - then Militia are fully capable of going…

• Following. Still a problem for FP Game #1684135 - though I'm probably already dead anyways. EDIT: The above game is working as of 11/23/16 at 12:01 PM EST.