Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 147.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I would join games that charged a gold fee BUT put a cap on gold use available in the match to match the fee. It gets pretty old playing little kids or wallet warriors that simply spam 100s of rockets, units and buildings, not to mention healing units. If someone wants to win bad enough and they are an average player, they WILL beat you using gold (when fighting 1v1), even if you are the best player in the universe. I like fair fights. When I lose a fair fight, I learn from my mistakes OR learn …

• Early game, food has its uses for building barracks and infantry if that is your choice. The downside of spamming barracks is the amount of goods that you have to use. In mid to late game, I only use food to build propaganda centers or help create a navy. If I'm land-locked or playing a map where a navy isn't that helpful, food becomes practically obsolete. Food is NOT used for ALL: tanks, planes, SP arty, TD, AC, SP AA, nukes, etc. Unless you are going for a low-tech, non-oil army, food just pi…

• I agree, AI sometimes builds navy bases on land locked lakes. Would be nice to get the resources back AND not build ships by accident when you are building from list of cities. Sometimes players build buildings you will never use and since we dont get a % of their resources when we eliminate players (which is lame), we should get something.

• Advantages of 1.5

BeerBelly - - General Discussions

Quote from NoobNoobTrain: “I think it would be a much shorter list to name the disadvantages. I can't think of any, really. I would never go back to 'classic'. ” I can name about a dozen things wrong with 1.5 which will kill this game in about a year. 1.5 is simply more complicated with more buildings and units with features that are not realistic. For starters, why is my army of 6 infantry and 6 light tanks, all at half HP running around the map using 100% of resources to maintain it and fighti…

• Quote from VorlonFCW: “The Call of Christmas event has always been a 2x speed game. I have noted the incorrect promotion material for this event so that it can be corrected before the next time this game is run. ” And the Call of Christmas event has ALWAYS had factories in urban provinces. When did that change? BTW, one of my Call of Xmas maps is currently running at 4x so you might want to get the devs together on this one.

• Quote from JesterTheSheep: “Quote from BeerBelly: “1x is way too slow. I think all maps should be adjusted to have minimum of 2x speed. If that happened there would be less demand for 4x. If you don't like 4x or faster, then don't play the map. Mobile gives you the ability to stay competitive on 4x maps. ” The whole point of me making this thread was because I don't have a mobile device, not one that can support Call of War. All of my wins are at 1x speed. 4x speed exists for players like you, a…

• 1x is way too slow. I think all maps should be adjusted to have minimum of 2x speed. If that happened there would be less demand for 4x. If you don't like 4x or faster, then don't play the map. Mobile gives you the ability to stay competitive on 4x maps.

• Seems like the awful idea that is 1.5 has crept into the new Xmas event maps. No factories to start, no extra resources to build them, limited AI to sell them,

• BTW, the 4x speed is broken. It is now at 2x speed. Check game id = 2936912 Also bugged/broken game speed on game id 2936948. This is silly.

• Just dumb. 4x speed doesnt help much when you only have 1 rare province. I MIGHT have a 2nd factory by late tomorrow. You are promoting early rushes and gold use, maybe that is your true goal. A couple smart players will buy up all the rares early leaving most (48) players lacking the resources to build factories. And since there is limited AI, not many resources will be for sale. Is your true goal just to piss off a bunch of people to please a few? This is comical...your idea of fun is to creat…

• Who was the genius at Bytro that decided to remove all factories from the Xmas Event map? Not only can nobody create a new map (except with High Command) but now you create a highly anticipated Xmas Event map that I can barely build 1, maybe 2 factories on in the first few days? I can research a bunch of units that I cant build? Bytro, are you purposely trying to kill this game, especially after the 1.5 fiasco?

• I don't understand Bytro most of the time. The only way this game survives is if there are enough games running or available for several different kinds of players. Now they have eliminated my ability to create one game a month and restricted that feature to High Command customers. Additionally, the next event, arrives on Black Friday and lasts 4 days which will run until Monday when we all go back to work. If it had started today, we could play while we watch football and eat Turkey and the ear…

• "If it ain't broke, don't break it." Devs, you done broke the game with 1.5. You created an entirely different game with a gigantic manpower bottleneck besides other awful decisions. Please, just create a new game called BTSaMCTCoW 1942 = "Bigger time sink and more complicated than Call of War 1942". TWO HUGE THUMBS DOWN! Let me correct something as well = Changed nearly all values, costs, bonuses and build speeds of all units, buildings and researches. There, now your original post is factual.

• Quote from atreas1: “Yet, we are in the Suggestions area, so here are my suggestions: 1. Cut down the number of upgrades to three maximum. 2. Each upgrade level has the same strength characteristics but different HP. 15/20/25. 3. Each level has a different requirement in food (1300/1500/1700) and adds a bit of speed, to reach the speed of AA/AT etc. I would again avoid researching Militia Lvl1 early game, but might get tempted later... ” Don't make it easier to research a terrible unit...bad ide…

• Quote from atreas1: “I agree with that. On the other hand, I am still waiting for a serious argument in favour of UPGRADING Militia, and I havent heard a single one. ” You won't. Very small minds are defending the use of militia in very specific and micro managed situations. Their ONLY use is to slow down the enemy in forest/hills (pointless if enemy has bombers) or add hp to a stack (but they will slow down the stack by a whopping 10 kph once the other non-oil units hit 25 kph). Nobody realizes…

• Quote from Edepedable: “Quote from BeerBelly: “ ” Would love @BeerBelly to let us know his in game name so we can check your ranking. Wonder how all us noobs compare to you according to our profiles. ” Put a "1" after my name if you insist on finding out how much more experience in this game I have over you. You really don't get the point of my post, neither does Kanaris or Pontus. I hope I see your maxed militia in a game...it is always a good laugh when I know I have won even before I act. The…

• Paratroopers darken the Skies

BeerBelly - - News

Quote from Kanaris: “Quote from BeerBelly: “Why make this unit have the Capital as a requirement? you can't build commandos now if you also are building paratroopers. Did Bytro even think about that? ” I am willing to bet good money that not only did they think about it but they did it on purpose to force players to make hard decisions. ” It isn't a difficult decision at all. Paratroopers will be much more versatile because you can move them around the map with the plane unit AND they don't cost…

• Quote from Kanaris: “No such thing as a useless unit just unimaginative commanders. If you dont like militia dont use it, but not by any means does it make it useless. ” I think it is funny that all the noobs liked this post. Go ahead and spend research and production on max militia. Build a barracks in every province and waste goods/food doing so. Build so much militia and other units that food production goes negative even after turning off the barracks. Realize you need to kill off tons of mi…

• Quote from Edepedable: “Quote from BMfox: “A level 6 mitlitia is already end game so you won't be attacking that unit with infantry but with SP artillery, a stack of 8 takes a militia in the forrest out in two rounds. Or with medium tanks, mechanized infantry and my favorite tactical bombers... So basically they are pretty useless troughout the game because in early game i take them down with light tanks and artillery.Quote from atreas1: “On the other hand, to spend 90 research hours, a good amo…

• Quote from Edepedable: “Fun fact about militia. Their level 6, which is not even elite yet has 4 attack versus infantry and 6 defense. With their hill/forrest buff they get 7 on the attack and 10.5 on the defense versing infantry. Militia in a forrest is stronger on the defense against infantry than commandos are on the offense against infantry. Yes they have less HP, but surely, they are not useless. Thei boosted attack on the offence in forrests is higher than that of regular infantry. Almost …