Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 76.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• In forum threads, whenever someone quotes another person's comment the avatar of the person being quoted is displayed full-size beside their quote. This isn't crazy on its face, but they way it is implemented is pretty confusing. It is placed at the same indent level and actually larger than the avatar of the person making the new post (!), which muddies who is saying what. Suggestion: Remove the Avatar images from replies (leaving that person's nickname for attribution), or make them smaller an…

• Quote from K.Rokossovski: “Quote from Heinrici: “Quote from King Edmund the Just: “ ” ” Lol, there are so many ways to play this game))) I never upgrade my food industry in the early game, I tend to have big surplusses and often even sell them off early on since prices are so good. I usually only stop that when the need for recruitment offices starts to arise around day 8 or so. I'm always short on goods in the early game though, so I upgrade those, and rares as well (yeah for the air force). I'…

• Call of War 1.5 round 2!

CityOfAngels - - News

Quote from pjrobbo: “Health bars, I really disliked the new stack health behaviour. I understand the old model wasn't perfect destroying one unit while leaving the others relatively unscathed but it was reasonably predictable and made sense. I'm not sure it's fair to say the new stack damage model is more realistic. ” I'm pretty sure the whole point of this change is to prevent an exploit that dominates competitive play (splitting any defending stack into many tiny stacks), which causes the need…

CityOfAngels - - News

Quote from pametna joskota: “On manpower: I played UK in both games and in the beginnig (first two or three days) I invested some 80% of resources into Industry and Local Industry for metal and oil. The rest into one of each production facilities and research. I haven't produced very little army except a few submarines at the beginning. The starting army I sent to conquer Ireland. Only after some 5 day I started to produce some army and kept investing into industry. These brought the boost in al…

CityOfAngels - - News

Now at day 11, a couple of new findings. 1- With the research really slowing down and the big power increase for higher tech levels (and units not being worth upgrading compared to building a new unit), I find myself in a bit of a trap where I don't want to build a L1 Mech Inf because I'm upgrading to L2, but by the time I get L2 researched it will nearly be time to upgrade to L3, and so on. Of course this isn't absolute, and I could always just suck it up and build L1s while I wait, but I am pe…

CityOfAngels - - News

Quote from Akulla3D: “Quick question about plane refueling. I have noticed that the refueling times change for some reason, sometimes they are 30 min and others they are 45 min or something else -- what is the basis for plane refueling? ” The level of the airbase you are refueling at. (And airbases in cities are less efficient than those in a rural province, similar to infrastructure.)

CityOfAngels - - News

Quote from f118: “It is not division, it is regiment! Also military unit of 3 til 5 battailions. Also for sure nearby equal of squadron of ships. ” Says who? Germany at the start of the WW2 invasion of France fielded about 2.5 million army troops and 2500 tanks (LTs). This sort of starting army is represented in CoW by ~20 inf units + a few AA and AT, and 5 armor. 2,500,000 / 20+ = ~100,000 troops per inf unit. How many tanks or WW2 subs would you need to hold 100,000 troops? (25-50 crew per U-b…

CityOfAngels - - News

Quote from cycle9: “Quote from CityOfAngels: “Having a lot of crippled units left after a big fight is likely to get pretty annoying for someone who has unit resource upkeep problems ” Absolutely agree with this, 5% per day upkeep costs for heavily damaged units is crippling.<Even worse in Sone, where the units don't die until the stack is below 10%, and the daily upkeep is 10-20%> ” Consider that while a crippled unit still costs 5% of the cost of a new one for upkeep each day (I gather), if th…

CityOfAngels - - News

Good changes (from v1.5.1): - Upgrading is possible once higher tech levels for a unit have been unlocked. - Resources seem less constraining. I was still able to build some stuff on day 2. - The 'banzai motorcycle' mobile infantry huge advantage on attack seems somewhat muted. - 'Killer Convoys' have been nerfed appropriately. Beach defenses seem very effective, as they should be. - The notion of building L4 tanks slowly from an L1 tank factory, I like so far. It's also easier to build units in…

CityOfAngels - - News

Reports from day 4, from a top competitive CoW v1 player (I think that's fair, although I rely on my amazing team to carry me through the Alliance World Cup!) I'm also a WW2 history buff, which is why this franchise appeals to me in the first place. (As a result I have a strong opinion about realistic stats and results.) I played a round or two of the first v1.5 beta last year, so there is some basis for comparison. -------- Action report from my 1.5.2 game: I'm Italy. Immediately allied with Ro…

• Quote from Tin Military: “Quote from DxC: “Quote from Citizenkane: “How is it realistic that troops only die off after 50%. In real war if I start attacking another army people die when they die, not after some magical amount of damage is done. If a tank is blown up it is done, it doesn't continue to fight because other tanks around it are not damaged. What most bothers me about this particular change to game mechanics is that it reduces the "chaos" factor in COW. My playing experience is height…

• Quote from f118: “Quote from CityOfAngels: “Quote from f118: “Quote from Hans A. Pils: “ ” Idea behind of increasing hit points is more realism in gameplay..."hit points" are not hitpoints. That is only virtual representation of combat survivability... And for sure each new generation of troops has more survivability and higher mobility and higher firepower. ” The opposite is true. The most survivable troops on the battlefield are the veterans. The new green troops are always cannon fodder, due …

• Quote from f118: “Quote from Hans A. Pils: “ ” Idea behind of increasing hit points is more realism in gameplay... "hit points" are not hitpoints. That is only virtual representation of combat survivability... And for sure each new generation of troops has more survivability and higher mobility and higher firepower. ” The opposite is true. The most survivable troops on the battlefield are the veterans. The new green troops are always cannon fodder, due to lack of experience plus increasing despe…

• I haven't really tested this yet, but by all appearances the way buildings get rebuilt after damage has been completely changed. In status-quo CoW, if your L5 Industrial Complex lost some amount of hp it would be reduced to L4, and eventually L1 or less. To rebuild it you would need to pay for each upgrade and wait days for them to complete, again. Now it looks like the IC will remain L5 all the way until it is completely destroyed, and can be rebuilt all the way from its last hp for less than t…

• Quote from DxC: “An early rush is always a potential strategy in 1.5 and elsewhere. I would say in 1.5 it is more risky due to the defense advantage. Even if you take a city, you will end up weaker on average and the defender is in a better position to counter. The attack city early strategy was espoused by someone here, but that doesn't mean it works or that it is some kind of meta. ” I understood the complaint to be that if someone makes a concerted blitz attack against your grain city there's…

• I can now build Heavy Tanks... One of the 'cool' units. But can anyone suggest why I would ever want to build one of those instead of two L2 MTs (available 2 days earlier)? Even if I somehow got the research unlocked for free? The low attack strength just guts their value. Too expensive, too slow, and too weak on the attack to ever be worth building, especially when you already have MTs researched and they do the HT's one job (defensive anti-armour pillbox) better. ---- Rail Guns are ridiculousl…

• Another balancing note: L2 Destroyer Vs ground 4.1, Naval 10, Sub 24, range 30, 130hp, 67kph speed ...is (much) stronger than an L1 Cruiser? Vs ground 3-4, Naval 6, Sub 5, range 60, 90hp, 52kph This is nonsense for a much-smaller ship built maybe a year later with a few technology improvements. The guns shoot twice as far but do ~half as much damage? As you have already noted, the linear power progression of units in general needs to go back to the drawing board. Again, the change seems to have …

• Quote from nemuritor98: “Quote from CzarHelllios: “- It is virtually nearly impossible to have a healthy work/life balance and be a competitive player... ” no more of that it's impossible for a win, if you wanted to sleep, you couldn't sleep more than an hour straight on or you would risk losing advantage to your enemy, insane levels although it was fun, i wouldn't do it again you basically give up your life in order to win the game ” L2nap, n00b! You need one of these! desk.jpg ...so do I! :O

• I broke this issue out of the list because the list got too long, and this one is really important. - Late-game produced infantry is 42x as strong as the 20 you started with? (7x AP and 6x HP) Why?? It would actually make more sense for the last infantry you produced to be weaker than the 4-year veteran survivors, as you're scraping the bottom of the barrel in terms of recruits by that point. You seem to have abandoned the general principle that an L4 AT gun would be significantly better than L1…

• Quote from _Pontus_: “Quote from Last Warrior: “Quote from _Pontus_: “As long as it boils down to Micromanaging your troops better, ” We play RTS and not action klicker. Wasting real time is not taktik nor skill. ” Suddenly the slow CoW game turns into close quarters battle mode and now survival of your troops or victory in a battle is no longer determined by hour-long artillery barrages from a safe distance on an incapable or absent player or predictable AI... Suddenly it is your personal skill…