Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 51.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Europe - Road to War?

TheMaquis - - General Discussions

I am just trying it out right now, and inactive as you say. It is giving me the opportunity to try out the concepts I have learned on how to make the small neutral countries to give you Right-of-Way relations. So far 8 have connected. I have done the trade embargo to anyone that attacks the small countries. Building my army, and will invade someone at the start of day 5. Also good that it is only 10 player, as I do not have much time right now so it is more autopilot play than I usually do.

• of course there is the anti-air unit, the interceptor, and even your own bombers that can counter what your enemy is doing or roll some tanks into that province or just move your units out of range until you can counter the attack

• resource reality

TheMaquis - - Suggestions / Criticism

After playing the global 1939 map and seeing the center of the USA was an empty wasteland with little on no resources, and thus little or no reason to attack into that big mass of a country. I live in the middle of the USA and in fact just drove 5 hours from Michigan through Indiana, Illinois, and Missouri - corn - soybeans - fruit - cattle - endless massive farms and massive food supply. You would have lots of interest in fighting to the center of the US on this map if it had such a food surplu…

• cheats

TheMaquis - - General Discussions

I have never created a game, but looked at this section of the game today and saw something about allowing cheats? I know other games all had these built in, is that true here too? I expect lots of wacked out answers here, but hey I have to ask as I have only played 27 games over the many years I have been checking in and playing now and then.

• If Mexico was such a great player he would be on offense and taking a large swath of Texas so that he and his allies do not have the points to win. That is your solution, instead of playing defense and complaining here in the Forum. Points are a good part of the game, part of the strategy, as is communication and making allies. This leads you to the second solution, discuss being allies with one of the other players and fight it out 2v2. If you lack the communication skills to sell being your al…

• I do see a better result in a current Europe game, but distances are smaller here than global games where I had the greatest problem with distance to the capitol. Perhaps I will try another global game some time. Thanks

• -39 penalty has nothing to do with the core regions being more valuable - the 25% production rate for lands taken is the clear factor in this concept. The -39 add instability, which I think would be better if other things like food (or lack of it) were increased and this distance made less of a negative. The whole concept to move your capitol to improve this is another concept related to this that has nothing to do with reality. perhaps if there were ways to get at a single remaining province th…

• here is another screen shot from this global 1939 game. only live players left in the game were Germany & Turkey both working as allies. Germany was only in Europe, while Turkey had taken out Italy so he also had Libya and Ethiopia. My ally Brazil had taken all of North Africa from France, except the tiny part Spain owned at the start of the game. So take a look at the massive fragmentation caused by random morale riot flips in Africa. Also look at the large army I had to park here as the morale…

• read about it in the game news, where I ask the other player to retire

• but the very next day all of the red come back - now how many of you claim this is a good thing - good for the game to make a player, a customer (not a free-loader that does not buy any gold) - this massive riot flips kept me from getting at the other two players still in this game. This happened 4 or 5 times causing me to give up.

• all gone but one

• one more where I clear out the enemy, but that one remains

• look at that 1 red province surrounded by AI neutral provinces that flipped from me to the AI, I can't kill off that one red province that India owns, so after 3 or 4 rounds of riot flips I decided to quit this one

• here are the screen shots again for your reference

• please give me a specific example from what I wrote that was so bad, they were not personal attacks. you are the one using the foul language that usually gets a person banned from this forum. clearly you lack the in-game experience on a global map to understand how 20 - 30 - 50 riot flips really destroys the game play - after 50 days of this, with parking 50 of my units in Congo for over 30 days to keep morale flips from occurring there and at the same time just letting them flip in India and Ch…

• but is that not what a Forum is for, to let the customers suggest ways to improve the game play??? and my opinion must have meant something to you to make you respond in such a strong way

• Quote from RiverWolf74: “Quote from TheMaquis: “Freezy is a poor game designer that thinks the random rebellions is a good thing and that planning ahead will offset the -39 distance to the capitol that is so often the cause of this problem is possible to offset. My experience is that playing a global game as Argentina the -39 penalty of my army taking over the resource rich Congo caused me to have to park over 50 units in the Congo for over 30 days to keep provinces from rebelling. All the while…

• remember that there is not always a capital to take, so your "always" statement should be changed to when ever possible.

• 20 provinces is nothing to lose, as I was seeing 30 to 50 flip to a random assortment of AI controlled countries. I was Argentina winning a global 1939 map. The "game designers" reply to my comments is that this is intended and that it has been part of this game from the start, and it is working as intended. To counter this issue in me taking Congo early in the game I had to park 50 units to hold this resource rich area in the middle of Africa, even then the morale stayed low and on the decline.…

• Freezy is a poor game designer that thinks the random rebellions is a good thing and that planning ahead will offset the -39 distance to the capitol that is so often the cause of this problem is possible to offset. My experience is that playing a global game as Argentina the -39 penalty of my army taking over the resource rich Congo caused me to have to park over 50 units in the Congo for over 30 days to keep provinces from rebelling. All the while Africa saw random rebellions all around me, ran…