Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 153.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Did you try tweaking the graphics? It could also be a server problem. I play WoT. When its really busy (10-12 pm) it allways lags.

• Your Favourite Tank In WW2

BlackPrince2 - - Off Topic

On the other end of the spectrum is the "T-40 tahk razvedchik": T-40 reconaissance tank, with 13mm armor and a machine gun, but still considered a tank. At least by the russians.

Quote from Butter Ball Bill: “we are both right ” Good enough for me. Aparantly the designbureau called it a "KB-2 tahk tyazhelaya artilleriya": KV-2 heavy artillery tank.

Quote from Butter Ball Bill: “KV-2 is still a tank. The creator designed a tank, the Soviets designated it as a tank and used it as a tank while everyone else called it a tank. Therefore it simply must be a tank. ” The creator designed the KV1, wich is a tank, and the KV2, wich is an assault gun. The ruskies called it a tank, as propaganda. They used it as an assault gun, vs. fortifications. In a pinch it could do as a stationary pillbox. Thats not a tank. Not everybody calls it a tank. Just you…

Nice story. A KV2 has heavy armor, for an early war vehicle. I never disputed that. Still doesnt mean its a tank, and not an SPG. Is a Sturmtiger a tank, or a Jadtiger, or a SU152? I thought we already established that if a vehicle is a tank, is not only determined by its armor, but also by the type of gun. A KV2 has a howitser, not a tank gun.

• Quote from Butter Ball Bill: “I think Ireland was most affected. Their state of emergency was not rescinded until 1976! ” The Irish are known to be a bit slow...

• Quote from Butter Ball Bill: “A M1-Abrams(yes, just one) could take out a Ratte, I would hate to see the Monster after going toe to toe with an Abrams. ” Does the M1 have enough ammo to demolish a mountain? Otoh, Ratte or Monster would only need one hit. However unlikely they would get it.

I disagree. Only few were produced, mainly due to its combat ineffectiveness. It was slow, big target with limited tactical use. Out of a total of 4.075 heavy SPG's only 334 were KV-2's.

It was not designed as a heavy tank. KV1 is a heavy tank. KV2 just puts a big ass gun on the same chassis. KV2 has a howitser for use vs fortifications. The turret can actually turn only very little, to adjust the aim at targets that are already in front of the vehicle. Good enough to target bunkers that dont move about much. And it cant turn at all if the vehicle isnt perfectly level. Not much good for a 'heavy tank'.

I think the difference isnt the armor. A chafee has less armor and is considered a (light) tank. Imho the difference is the gun, or the way it is used, to classify as a tank. A KV2 does not have HEAT. The BP-540 round was only introduced in the 50's. A KV2 has HE and low-velocity AP. The Bishop could fire HE, AP or APBC. The latter had better armor-penetration than the 152mm AP. KV2 was primarily used against bunkers etc. Of course a 152mm HE round can blow up a light tank like a panzer II or pa…

Ok. So KV2 is a heavy tank. Why is the Bishop 'only' a SPG, not a tank?

Early war most tanks had less than 50mm, so 75mm was considered thick armor. Early AT guns like the 37mm couldnt penetrate it. Late war 75mm is only average, at best. Few people will state that the Sherman was brutal or tough, at the same 75mm armor. The 75mm or 88mm AT guns had little trouble penetrating it.

KV2 has 75mm armor, SU100Y and Bishop have 60mm. Not that much difference imho.

Quote from Butter Ball Bill: “Quote from BlackPrince2: “I guess you like this one too ” That is a SPG, not a tank. ” Thats a thin line. How do you define 'tank'? A KV2 has a howitser, not a high-speed anti-tank gun. That would make it a SPG too, not a tank. Is a SU152 a tank (same gun)? Or a StuG, or a Jagdpanther? They do have 'proper' tank guns, but no turret. And how about a Jackson; thats almost a sherman, but no tank?

I guess you like this one too 2Q==

My favorites. Full-comet-right.jpg wotanks

• WW3

Fair enough. But it still makes GreatBigHippo's scenario unlikely.

• WW3

Ha ha ha. US is more dependent on china than the other way around. Chinese export to US is only 15% of their total. Yes, it would hurt china, but it would not be fatal.

• WW3

Quote from Pablo22510: “Quote from GreatbigHippo: “China is a producer, and America is a consumer (except for a few exceptions) if america develops a larger variety of industry, and more of it, it would no longer need china, the producer, because america is the producer. ” Bingo. Meaning it wouldn't need to buy its stuff from China, meaning the Chinese economy would collapse. ” Wont happen. Doesnt make sense from an economic point of view. US production cost is way higher than chinese. And even …

• The number of provinces is updated immediately. So I assumed the points would be too. Never make assumptions. I'll wait a few more hours, thanx.