Rocket Artillary

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Rocket Artillary

Should Rocket Arty be added to game?? 17
        Yes (13) 76%
        No (4) 24%
      Sooo. This game is about world war 2 ey. Where is the Rocket Artillary? Rocket Artillary is a big thing during ww2. Especialy towards the end. The Soviets used it. And there is no rocket arty in the research. WE NEED ROCKET ARTY!!!. Just like paratroopers, Rocket Arty is very important, and it is not in the game. I have posted a vote. Do you guys want rocket arty, or not?
      [/url">therpu.wixsite.com/homepage][/url]

ROLEPLAYERS UNION

PLEASE SIGN UP
    • ATownGtr wrote:

You have rockets and you have artillery now you want rocket artillery? Some people are never satisfied
      Ironically, it would be a lot more realistic to have something like the Soviet Katyusha rocket batteries in the game rather than have a "V-2" that can be used as a tactical weapon against troops. The V-2s were wildly inaccurate, even compared to night-time area bombing. The V-2's guidance system was good enough to hit London or Amsterdam (major urban centers) from 200 miles away, but the idea embodied in the in-game version of these rockets that they were accurate enough to target individual brigade or regiment-size combat units in the field and do significant damage is complete nonsense. The only way a V-2 could kill several hundred infantrymen or destroy several tanks would be to have a lucky 1-in-100,000 shot hitting a barracks or parade ground while the men or equipment were assembled in a confined space. Frankly, the V-2 was good for killing civilians, but as a tactical weapon of war, it sucked, and the Germans rarely, if ever, attempted to use it against troops.

As an example, the SS fired 11 V-2s at the Ludendorff Bridge in Remagen on Hitler's direct orders, and none of the rockets landed closer than several hundred meters from the bridge. One landed 40-something kilometers away. On the other hand, the Russians/Soviets widely used the Katyusha as an anti-personnel weapon, together with their traditional massed artillery, in advance of their offensives.

The post was edited 1 time, last by MontanaBB ().

• Not A Communist wrote:

Typical Quasi doubting /everything/ Germany did in WW2. So funny coming from a Soviet wannabe.
      QD is a "Soviet wannabe"? Really?

If so, I probably won't take his advice on economic matters or civil liberties, but I have found his military historical analysis to be accurate and insightful -- and I am anything but a "Soviet wannabe." I was raised in a U.S. Navy family, educated as an economist, did my M.A. thesis under a Ph.D. who did his dissertation under Milton Friedman, and I managed political campaigns for conservative Republican candidates for the U.S. House of Representatives before I went back to grad school. Not a Soviet wannabe, but a fan of Locke, Burke, Madison and Reagan.

I have not found anything ideologically slanted in QD's comments, but I will talk to him about his youthful ideological indiscretions if, indeed, he is a budding Marxist.
    • MontanaBB wrote:

Not A Communist wrote:

Typical Quasi doubting /everything/ Germany did in WW2. So funny coming from a Soviet wannabe.
      QD is a "Soviet wannabe"? Really?
      If so, I probably won't take his advice on economic matters or civil liberties, but I have found his military historical analysis to be accurate and insightful -- and I am anything but a "Soviet wannabe." I was raised in a U.S. Navy family, educated as an economist, did my M.A. thesis under a Ph.D. who did his dissertation under Milton Friedman, and I managed political campaigns for conservative Republican candidates for the U.S. House of Representatives before I went back to grad school. Not a Soviet wannabe, but a fan of Locke, Burke, Madison and Reagan.

I have not found anything ideologically slanted in QD's comments, but I will talk to him about his youthful ideological indiscretions if, indeed, he is a budding Marxist.
      Pls don't turn this into a Hillary vs Donald debate.
      [/url">therpu.wixsite.com/homepage][/url]

ROLEPLAYERS UNION

PLEASE SIGN UP
    • Thanks @MontanaBB! :D

@worldwar2history seems like it is mobile rocket artillery you want. In this case, the Americans are using the T-34 Calliope, the Germans using the Panzerwerfer, and the Japanese using the Ha-To, though this is currently level 5 Japanese artillery. As you said already, the Soviets have the Katyusha.
      :00000441: Forum Gang Commissar :00000441:

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Kalantigos wrote:

Some questions i'd like answered is how they'd be incorporated into the game, for example
      Well, if they are self-propelled, maybe they should be kind of like an IFV, having more attack damage against infantry than armour. Also, no range due to being used in the direct fire role, e.g. the T-34 Calliope was rockets rigged on top of a combat capable Sherman.
      :00000441: Forum Gang Commissar :00000441:

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: