Stand to attention!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Stand to attention!

We sit side by side at the camp and put our heads together, thinking about all the different opportunities and chances we have to win this war. Forge out a plan, a plan to destroy our enemies. Today is a great day, new possibilities unfold. From now on, generals, you will be able to make your units stop at their current position. This will allow you to plan your attacks even more precisely.

In addition we made the following changes and improvements:

• Players are now able to move their entries in the building queue all the way to the top or to the bottom (High Command Feature)
      • Additionally we fixed a bug that caused units to get stuck when two players attacked the same AI province during peace period. Also the scenario in which players were not able to enter allied territory should not happen anymore.
      • We improved the behavior of the supply crates.
      • Anonymous Rounds: Players were able to figure out who the other players were by checking their profile to see alliance and level. We removed the visibility of the alliance to avoid this in the future.
      • We fixed some issues with maps and flags.

We hope you like the changes. Tell us your feedback in the forum.
      Have fun playing!

Your Call of War Team
      Sarah / Sasri
      Ex-Community Manager
    • Sasri wrote:

From now on, generals, you will be able to make your units stop at their current position. This will allow you to plan your attacks even more precisely.
      I saw the new "stop" button in one of my unit command dialog boxes this morning after the new game updates went into effect. This is one of the best additions for battle management I have seen in a while. When units approach within a narrow range of their charted destination, another unit of any kind, or a provincial center (usually within 12 to 15 minutes travel time), it becomes extremely difficult to stop or otherwise adjust a unit's course. The ability to hit the "stop" button and stop a moving unit precisely where it is should help alleviate many of those issues.
    • Sasri wrote:

We fixed some issues with maps and flags.
      On the 50-player Pacific map, I hope this means the various misspelled place names, the missing flagged capitals for 5 or 6 small countries, and the missing industrial centers for Sichuan and one of the Indian countries have all been corrected. If not, please ping me and I will provide a comprehensive list of these problems that I have previously reported. Thank you.
    • I just read the introduction of this thread. It took our generals/troops/devs a year and a half of putting their heads together and thinking to have the great idea to tell units to "stop"? Nice!
      :00000441: Forum Gang Commissar :00000441:

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• @DxC In my personal experience, once a unit is within 10 minutes or so travel time of an enemy unit, any additional movement command you give it -- retreat, stop, forced march, etc. -- will trigger an immediate battle.

You should be able to stop any unit that is more than 15 minutes away from an enemy unit without starting a battle.
    • I know that is how it normally works, but the stop command is new and I thought maybe it was intended to be able to stop at close range without initiating an attack. It may actually be like that and my units may have been defending only; that is why I'm asking about the intended behavior. Unfortunately, this particular battle resolved in the first round so I could not see who was attacking/defending.
    • @DxC I've been playing with the new "stop" button in the unit command dialog box, and it apparently does permit you to stop closer to enemy units without initiating a battle than we were able to do previously. I just used it to stop a medium tank brigade 7 minutes travel time from a stationary enemy unit. That's about half of the previous distance after which any movement command would trigger combat.
    • I am glad to see the Stop command added. Since the stated purpose of this command is to "... allow you to plan your attacks even more precisely," I wonder if the developers could simply add a feature that would allow generals to command, say, "Attack at 0900" like they do in the Real World. That might simplify the commands.
    • DxC wrote:

I know that is how it normally works, but the stop command is new and I thought maybe it was intended to be able to stop at close range without initiating an attack. It may actually be like that and my units may have been defending only; that is why I'm asking about the intended behavior. Unfortunately, this particular battle resolved in the first round so I could not see who was attacking/defending.
      It would seem that the Stop command was something that was needed before the jumping thing was fixed. Now, it seems redundant...one of those two new features makes the other less necessary. I'll leave it to others to determine which one.

DxC wrote:

Ok thanks. I was just wondering if unit state change to the new stop state might put the stack in defense mode. I guess not.
      Whether or not it actually does put you in defensive mode, it absolutely should put you in defensive mode.

rickmcq wrote:

I am glad to see the Stop command added. Since the stated purpose of this command is to "... allow you to plan your attacks even more precisely," I wonder if the developers could simply add a feature that would allow generals to command, say, "Attack at 0900" like they do in the Real World. That might simplify the commands.
      They would probably only add that as a High Command feature.
      It seemed like such a waste to destroy an entire battle station just to eliminate one man. But Charlie knew that it was the only way to ensure the absolute and total destruction of Quasi-duck, once and for all.

The saying, "beating them into submission until payday", is just golden...pun intended.

R.I.P. Snickers <3