Make Artillery Stronger!!!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Make Artillery Stronger!!!

Should Artillery be Stronger!! 23
        Yes (15) 65%
        No (8) 35%
      Artillery has been the backbone for the Armies for many centuries and it still does today. Why in this game it is so underpowered. I'm not talking about The Railroad gun. I'm talking about the Normal Artillery It is so underpowered in the game with low Hit Points and Attributes. That I never use them because its useless it takes forever to kill a opponent its like throwing darts at them. Its underpowered

I suggest to make Artillery stronger with better attributes around 1.0. This game has became a Tank, Navel, Air and Infantry type battle no Artillery which was used for many years. Especially in WW1 and 2. And the Hit-Points are a Joke 5 Hit-Points for Normal Artillery??? they will take for ever and the Navy one was discussed before but it needs to be fixed because how can all units of artillery have 0.3??? that's not right

The post was edited 12 times, last by Nickm: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuvoP6QvMQ4 ().

• Artillery is strong enough, if you know how to use it. The same counts for mobile artillery.
      And if both are used in conjunction with HC they are OP. Especially if you set them to autofire and make 1 arty stack follow the other arty stack, spread apart by say 15minutes.

They bash, mangle, strangle, annihilate everything they come across and the only thing that is effective against them is airforce.

So if you use a stack of 4-8 AT, 4-8 inf 8-10AA and 8-9Art.. (or go extreme and add 3-4 RG and 4-6commandoes)
      have 2 stacks like those, they will be a slow nearly unstoppable killing machine. Cover them with 10 interceptors as well and voila.

Same thing for mobile Art:

6-8lt, 5mt, 8SSPAA, 7-8mobile ART, 6-7TD...

like that even without HC you can easily annihilate any stack you come acros.
    • Gave you a like because I enjoyed watching the video :) but I agree that the artillery in the game work quite well when used correctly and in combinations like mentioned above.
      "It is even better to act quickly and err than to hesitate until the time of action is past." - Karl Von Clausewitz

• IshXIII wrote:

Artillery is strong enough, if you know how to use it. The same counts for mobile artillery.
      And if both are used in conjunction with HC they are OP. Especially if you set them to autofire and make 1 arty stack follow the other arty stack, spread apart by say 15minutes.

They bash, mangle, strangle, annihilate everything they come across and the only thing that is effective against them is airforce.

So if you use a stack of 4-8 AT, 4-8 inf 8-10AA and 8-9Art.. (or go extreme and add 3-4 RG and 4-6commandoes)
      have 2 stacks like those, they will be a slow nearly unstoppable killing machine. Cover them with 10 interceptors as well and voila.

Same thing for mobile Art:

6-8lt, 5mt, 8SSPAA, 7-8mobile ART, 6-7TD...

like that even without HC you can easily annihilate any stack you come across

Of coarse if you build a unit many times it will work. But you will get punished with another unit. People build 1-4 Artillery no builds so many of them. I would rather be building tanks that works than that and with that being said its useless. Especially with the Hit-Points they should make it higher with 10 for Normal Artillery.
    • Nickm wrote:

Armatus wrote:

Arty in the beginning of the game can win for you every time. Stronger Arty is achieved by increasing its rank.
      I think you work for Call of War and have never played the game
      Give it a try build up some arty at the start of the game and stack them behind some INf/Tanks and tell me how they do. bet you will be surprised. If you have a 3 day peace period you can make alot of arty

"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war"

"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy."Friedrich Nietzsche
    • Nickm wrote:

Armatus wrote:

Arty in the beginning of the game can win for you every time. Stronger Arty is achieved by increasing its rank.
      I think you work for Call of War and have never played the game
      No offense, but you just have no idea how you have to use arty. Someone spamming tanks can not possibily win against the stacks I mentioned earlyer, he will have to plunge 4stacks of 8light tanks into 1 stack like i mentioned to take it out.. If that arty stack is in a mountain or city, then you need hell of allot more then those. A lvl1 fort will nuke the tankstack as well
    • IshXIII wrote:

Artillery is strong enough, if you know how to use it. The same counts for mobile artillery.

Not everyone can afford HC. Should they be punished for it?

IshXIII wrote:

That sounds Awesome!

I guess I'll just have to bring in my Tactical Bombers. Ten stacks of five Tactical Bombers each will overlap your forces. I will also have just 10 Fighters divided up so that there is one Fighter in each stack so that your air power is countered by my air power. Then, as your pathetic AA tries to shoot down one group of my bombers with 100%-SBDE, the rest will lay waste to your "perfect stack" and your Artillery will be smashed to bits.

Then, once I've rendered your army down to rubble, I'll return most of my bombers to base only to go fight elsewhere.

Now, if you don't like that outcome, you should go and vote in my poll here.
      It seemed like such a waste to destroy an entire battle station just to eliminate one man. But Charlie knew that it was the only way to ensure the absolute and total destruction of Quasi-duck, once and for all.

The saying, "beating them into submission until payday", is just golden...pun intended.

R.I.P. Snickers <3
    • ill vote, but I almost never had that issue, that only happened when I was a nooblet not making ints usually by the time someone has 4x5tacs or so, My stacks will have an additional 8SSPAA in those stacks and yeah tacs are OP, way too OP, especially now that when one takes the airbase they keep on fighting instead of becoming a convoy, they used too.. But I found that strats are very effective against that. soooo nevermind, not voting afterall.. theyre not op at all.. no not once i throw in infs as well. Hey ever tried rocketfigs? 5 of those and 5 ints wil kill of an entire 4x5 tac stack.

Try it.

Its deviously funny
    • If that's so "deviously" funny, then maybe you should change your name to "Devious" and join with me to form a new alliance with all nasty D-names.

You know, like Devastator, Destructor, Decimator, Delinquent, Dastardly, DeBomb, Deadly, Dread, Damager, Dwight, Disintegrator, DoomBringer, ect. (don't mess with Dwight, he'll f you up).
      It seemed like such a waste to destroy an entire battle station just to eliminate one man. But Charlie knew that it was the only way to ensure the absolute and total destruction of Quasi-duck, once and for all.

The saying, "beating them into submission until payday", is just golden...pun intended.

R.I.P. Snickers <3
    • Enemies would be bombarded, literally, for DAYS before an attack.

I think SBDE for arty could be adjusted, at least for their bombardment function, as they would naturally spread out and triangulate within their own battery. I use Artillery, when needed, and to great outcomes. It simply does not have a very strong niche in CoW, as other units are also very useful for the same outcome.
      Free Time looks good on me
    • Artillery already have great SBDE.. 12 artillery = 81% SBDE, 9 LT = 77% SBDE, 11 tacs = 51% SBDE, so I think you catch my drfit.

If you have an active enemy then artillery can be dangerous strategically, but they'll work just fine if you bring them with proper stacks as someone mentioned above. If your enemy is hardly active then artillery are amazing. Making them stronger would make them OP; remember they can kill units without taking any damage and I think that's why their attacks points are a little low. Otherwise it's just Sup1914 all over.
      Sincerely, wildL
      EN Mod
      Report a problem

• wildL SPQR wrote:

Artillery already have great SBDE.. 12 artillery = 81% SBDE, 9 LT = 77% SBDE, 11 tacs = 51% SBDE, so I think you catch my drfit.

If you have an active enemy then artillery can be dangerous strategically, but they'll work just fine if you bring them with proper stacks as someone mentioned above. If your enemy is hardly active then artillery are amazing. Making them stronger would make them OP; remember they can kill units without taking any damage and I think that's why their attacks points are a little low. Otherwise it's just Sup1914 all over.
      The days of spamming Arties and RGs ^^ that and Battleships :) nothing more, nothing less.
      Its an art :p By the way we all are forgetting about Mobile artillery in COW. The even deadlier variant as artillery its great weakness is mobility and aircraft resistance. Mobile artillery eliminates the mobility issue all together and improves on the aircraft resistance. In the hands of a pro, a war can be won without tanks and tacs. Only infantry units and interceptors.

I do think they are quite expensive in upkeep and build concerning MP and food, as are all infantry units. But still, its doable.

Ohw and Diabolical, I see no reason at all into why I should change my name to something that represents you, not me.
      And thank you for your alliance offer but im in one. Maybe in the future
    • Nickm wrote:

I was versing a player with nearly the same count with Infantry and that 1 Artillery beat me so i will look at it in the future but the stats make it look useless and what is Hit-Points just want a proper discussion
      It's not useless, trust me. Against a player without artillery they are amazing.

Hit points = how many points a unit has in health / morale. A Light Tank has 20HP whereas a Artillery only has 5. But since artillery should not be used in direct combat, it doesn't matter much. Except that planes can easily take them out if they are left undefended.

You can find HP stats on the unit information screen in game.
      Sincerely, wildL
      EN Mod
      Report a problem