Rockets

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• You shoud rename the game from call of war to call of rockets, most of the times i get to day ~24 game turns into a rocket war , troops are just cannon food . im waiting for like a year to those rockets , anti building units not anti everything ,aka nerf them , but nothing , so at least chenge the game name :wallbash
  • Rockets are fine.
    "If the tanks succeed, then victory follows."- H.Guderian

"Hit first ! Hit hard ! Keep on hitting ! ! (The 3 H's)" Admiral Jackie Fisher

"The 3 Requisites for Success – Ruthless, Relentless, Remorseless(The 3 R's)" Admiral Fisher

Crates: a Term used to define any unwanted and unneeded feature in CoW

Game Username: LordStark01
  • Agreed, they are mostly a pestering device anyway. If you are decently fortified they do minimal damage to units. You want to keep you opponent from being able to build them in the first place. They require extensive mineral resources to keep pumping them out so use your spies to attack his resources and buy up everything you can from the market. It will slow his production down.

Then take a look at any other human players within your enemies rocket radius and see if you can convince them to place a trade embargo on them. Doesn't always work but the more you limit their access to the resources they need to build those rockets the less they will have. At the same time build fortifications on your important provinces and check them often to make sure they are being repaired after they get hit.
    "It is even better to act quickly and err than to hesitate until the time of action is past." - Karl Von Clausewitz

• Rockets are so easy to counter, hit them before they're fired and destroy the airbases.

Its not hard

"The 3 Requisites for Success – Ruthless, Relentless, Remorseless(The 3 R's)" Admiral Fisher

• I'm thinking more so along the lines of a longer term strategy for dealing with them instead of constantly having to build counter units and or jump on the rockettard express. It also more fun to watch your opponent waste resources on it when it can be easily be mitigated. Learn how to spin gold fellas ;)
    "It is even better to act quickly and err than to hesitate until the time of action is past." - Karl Von Clausewitz

• Bottom line...The Rockets are O.P. I don't care if they are "easy to counter", or all the wiki quotes that are posted.
    From Level2 onward they are ridiculous. A rocket attack, even by modern standards, with Cruise missiles, couldn't, and Hasn't wiped out entire divisions in a single blow, much less in the time era the game takes place.
    They were primarily terror weapons. They damaged cities, and tore up infrastructure. They were never used to pound enemy units into dust.
    They even have them able to shoot down aircraft with alarming accuracy...It's just stupid. A level 2 rocket does MORE than 2x the anti air damage as a Level 5 Interceptor.....Ya....Or, my Personal favorite, a Level 2 rocket does almost 10x as much Hard damage as a Level 5 Artillery unit.....It's just dumb as hell.
    Balance these units Please...
  • They're not OP, unless tightly grouped they do little damage to units.

You want an OP unit? Nuclear Rockets.

• Mostly because I don't use infantry? I have tactics to deal with rockets and thus I don't have the same issue with them as everyone else.

• TankBuster wrote:

Mostly because I don't use infantry? I have tactics to deal with rockets and thus I don't have the same issue with them as everyone else.
    That's all good, but it's not about you, or even me. The game is unbalanced. Rockets are OP, and the Admins would be doing a great service to the players, and anyone who tries to play the game in the future by balancing this one feature.
  • TankBuster wrote:

Mostly because I don't use infantry? I have tactics to deal with rockets and thus I don't have the same issue with them as everyone else.
    I dont care bout ur tactics against innactives with rockets . rockets out ranges and outdmg any other unit in the game. we need some anti rocket units , or reduce dmg to units , but i feel like devs dont listen to us
  • Funske wrote:

TankBuster wrote:

I dont care bout ur tactics against innactives with rockets . rockets out ranges and outdmg any other unit in the game. we need some anti rocket units , or reduce dmg to units , but i feel like devs dont listen to us
    At which point did I mention I was playing against inactive accounts? Or did you make that information up? God, what that sort of mind you could make up your own tactics to deal with rockets!

• Funske wrote:

TankBuster wrote:

It's not that they don't listen it's just that they don't believe in what you are saying. They know, as well as others, that they is a way to counter this battle strategy so they don't have to nerf anything. You want to reduce the damage to your units from rockets then fortify the positions you have them in.

• ATownGtr wrote:

Funske wrote:

TankBuster wrote:

It's not that they don't listen it's just that they don't believe in what you are saying. They know, as well as others, that they is a way to counter this battle strategy so they don't have to nerf anything. You want to reduce the damage to your units from rockets then fortify the positions you have them in.
    are you dumb ? rockets ignore fortifications . are you lvl 5 or smth ?
  • Funske wrote:

are you dumb ? rockets ignore fortifications . are you lvl 5 or smth ?
    If I'm dumb then I'm about to leave you in a bad place. Only rockets lvl4 and nukes ignore fortifications, it takes a little while to get to lvl 4 rockets so yes forts will mitigate damage until then.

• Might wanna drop the insults, people are trying to help you.