Intelligence from spies does not update

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Intelligence from spies does not update

I find that whenever my spies gather intelligence, it can sometimes be wrong or become easily outdated (eg if the enemy moves his troops around, after my spies gather their intelligence). This makes sense, and is really realistic. In addition, when I send my planes or units near enemy territory, they gather new intelligence which over-rides my spies' older intelligence, thus allowing me to see the enemy's most recent troop movements, which again, makes sense and is realistic. The problem is, once my units move away from the enemy territory, the intelligence for that province then reverts back to the outdated intelligence gathered from my spies, and does not update to reflect the new information gathered by my units.

For example, if my spies tell me there is an enemy province with 15 units in it's capitol city, my intelligence report will show a stack of 15 units sitting in that city (kind of greyed out, to show that my units don't actually have a line-of-site with it, and that it's only intelligence). If I then attack that city with rockets and kill some of the units, my intelligence report will still say that there is a stack of 15 units in that city (again, greyed out since it's only an intel report), even though the newspaper clearly states that the regiment in that city lost units. If I then fly a plane over that city it will show me the new stack of units as being only 11 units (for example), since some of them have died (this time the units are not greyed out, since the plane has a direct line of site with them). Once the plane flies back to base though, and loses it's line of site with the enemy stack, the non-greyed out report of 11 units reverts back to the greyed-out (and now outdated) intelligence report of 15 units. In real life though, would the plane not report it's findings to the chain of command to update the intelligence report? And would the intelligence report not therefore update itself to show this new stack of 11 units, with a more recent time stamp for when the intelligence was gathered? I feel as though fixing this would be a big help when planning out war strategies.
    • Spy intelligence refresh once every day, in the beginning of the day the spy will give a recent report about troop movement, you will work with this intelligence until you clarify with air recon to make sure.

If the Intel is wrong that means the player moved his units elswhere, the Intel is not wrong it's good the moment the day refresh it can easily be wrong due to human interference, we can't get an actually right report because the report come in once every day and to get another report we have to wait 24 hours for it.

It's about how you will act on the report you have on hand, if you apply it on RP it's quite exiting.
      "Victory needs no explenation, defeat allows none"
      -imperium thought of the day
    • it might take some time to understand and master the art of espionage, but if your using them fully then their report will be the based on what you will do on that day, so be careful and use recon to be sure.
    • V1nd1cat0r wrote:

Spy intelligence refresh once every day, in the beginning of the day the spy will give a recent report about troop movement, you will work with this intelligence until you clarify with air recon to make sure.

If the Intel is wrong that means the player moved his units elswhere, the Intel is not wrong it's good the moment the day refresh it can easily be wrong due to human interference, we can't get an actually right report because the report come in once every day and to get another report we have to wait 24 hours for it.

It's about how you will act on the report you have on hand, if you apply it on RP it's quite exiting.
      But even if I clarify with air recon and get new information, that information won't update once the plane leaves. It just reverts back to the old, outdated information from the spy.
    • V1nd1cat0r wrote:

Spy report happens once a day, so if you want new spy Intel you have to wait a day, the report you have right now won't update.
      No I understand that. But in real life, wouldn't the military take info from spies, and info from air reconnaissance and combine them? Then that way if the spy info is outdated or infrequent, you can get the latest information from your planes and troops instead?
    • Butter Ball Bill wrote:

It is still pointless, just do recon and then invade.
      But I am doing recon. I do all my recon before hand and want it to update as I go, the problem is that it's not updating.

V1nd1cat0r wrote:

Spy info and air info is 2 completely different thing, don't complain about something that is not broken just roll with it.
      Spy info and air info are both information used to make decisions in war, they're just taken from different places. I guess I realise it's not a bug anymore, but it's still an "issue" that I have I guess. The whole reason I reported this in the first place was because I thought it was a really big issue that, if fixed, would really improve the gameplay experience. Call of War is far more realistic than Supremacy 1914, and I had just wanted to contribute to making it better. I'm not trying to complain, and I'm sorry if I'm coming off that way, I just just initially reported it as a bug, and was told to post it in the forums.

Edit: I guess I could've put this in the "suggestions/criticism" forum, but I had initially thought that this was a bug, and when I reported it I was told to post it in the "Bug Reports and Issues" section. Sorry.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Wolokos ().

• Say whatever you want, but what your asking can be done using simple common sense, this is a game, spy and recon work hand in hand for you to make a decision, so don't fuss about the realism, your only wasting your time.