Militia

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Militia is basically a unit that you can generate in case of extreme need of units (e.g. gettting attacked). Normal players don't really use them. They are actuually supposed to be useless. The only advantage over normal infantry is that you don't need an industrial complex, (which costs a lot to build) only barracks, giving you the ability to generate it almost everywhere. As I said, used in situations of emergency.
      The past is a foreign country.
    • miech wrote:

Personally I sometimes use them if I have a great surplus of manpower and/or I need a few sacrifical lambs;)
      Okay, I generally don't do that. However a large force of Militia Level 5 with Armored Cars level 4 or 5 with some like level 3 AA can be a force to be reckoned with, not that I have done anything like that.
    • Thor321 wrote:

However a large force of Militia Level 5 with Armored Cars level 4 or 5 with some like level 3 AA can be a force to be reckoned with, not that I have done anything like that.
      How do you know it works so? You totally do it. Anyway, militia sucks and AA is for defense. The AC is a waste, the LT goes just as fast but is much stronger.

Forum ArmyField Marshall :00000441:

Mess with the Bill, you get the scorn!

• ACs indeed should be a bit faster (say 80 kph, come on, cars could go that fast in WW2 right?...)

Guess they are a bit like militia, only useful at a specific time (mainly: early game). Alternatively, they could/should be able to be upgraded a lot faster (say day 1, 2, 4, 6, 8) so they still have a use compared to LTs
    • Uh I use armored cars as a cheap and fast scout unit, and I haven't made more than 1 militia unit *haven't needed them*. Militia to me would be most useful as an emergency defense to buy me time to make better units or insulate my best stuff from damage in a tight spot. The only real use they have on the offence is if you make a landing in North Africa with a small force and need to make more units locally with only barracks if in the event sending good units as reinforcements isn't possible or practical.
    • Oh, okay. I knew Google Translate sucks.

It is not that I do not know how to use them, they just don't fit my gameplay style. I think people use them to stop rebellions and/or hold back enemy forces. I prefer just pushing forward, if a province rebels, I will take the country that it rebelled to next. I have a game that you might be interested in watching, do you want to? I will PM the game number if you want to.

• Butter Ball Bill wrote:

Oh, okay. I knew Google Translate sucks.

It is not that I do not know how to use them, they just don't fit my gameplay style. I think people use them to stop rebellions and/or hold back enemy forces. I prefer just pushing forward, if a province rebels, I will take the country that it rebelled to next. I have a game that you might be interested in watching, do you want to? I will PM the game number if you want to.
      I'm very curious, do you want that I went into the game as a player? and you can take screenshots of news? It would be very helpful if the game has a feature that makes the end game hyphae animation of all movements on the map

I know your style of play. my style is not much different from yours, even though I'm on the defensive more closely. Militia did not want to deal with insurrections, or restraint forces of the enemy - it is for other purposes. I'm not going to reveal all of its trump cards, but I counted 7 different tasks with which the police copes. All these tasks are secondary, tactical or even political. but you always have to have a unit which is not a pity to lose
    • I'm not sure what you mean for screenshots so I will just take screenshots of my losses. I mean you could join as a spectator, I give you SM and you get economic points and do nothing else but watch to check out my gameplay.

I am Algeria.
      Files
      • cow.PNG

(20.55 kB, downloaded 71 times, last: )
      • cow2.PNG

(21.92 kB, downloaded 72 times, last: )
      • cow3.PNG

(20.55 kB, downloaded 73 times, last: )