Enemies using AI provinces to attack me

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• They have Right of Way with the AI which allows them to use their territory and airfields.
      request RoW with AI and you should get accepted in a few days.
      "Es gibt keine verzweifelten Lagen, es gibt nur verzweifelte Menschen" - There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people.
      General Heinz Guderian (Schneller Heinz)

Kenny says - You've got to know when to hold 'em, Know when to fold 'em, Know when to walk away And know when to run
    • Thanks. I have another similar question now though. How do I attack enemy units passing through countries I have Share Maps or Right Of Way with? The game tells me if I attack an enemy unit inside of an ally's land it will declare war on my ally even when the enemy is just walking on their roads. The situation has gotten more complicated. Me and my enemy both have Right Of Way with this AI now, and for some reason he can attack my units while in the AI's land at will but the game warns me attacking his units while they are in the AI's land will declare war. Why can he attack me but I can't attack him under the same circumstances?

The post was edited 1 time, last by ThirteenCobi ().

• ThirteenCobi wrote:

How do I attack enemy units passing through countries I have Share Maps or Right Of Way with? The game tells me if I attack an enemy unit inside of an ally's land it will declare war on my ally even when the enemy is just walking on their roads.
      Just be VERY CAREFUL if AI or neutral country units are nearby. When there are a bunch of unit icons in a relatively small space, it's not that hard to click on the wrong one and start an accidental war. If you properly target the enemy units moving through an AI or neutral country, it will not start a war with the AI or neutral, even if sometimes the AI or neutral suffers some collateral damage to the AI or neutral's infrastructure or other improvements. I have done this successfully many times. One of my most satisfying moments on the 22-player map was to eliminate the last units of a player who had been harassing me for days -- from nearly three times the normal range of L5 tactical bombers by using two air bases of AI countries with whom I had rights of way. Like the old AT&T advertising, it's fun to "reach out and touch someone."

Bottom line: be careful which units you are targeting and don't accidentally target the AI or neutral units when they are in close proximity.