Opening move for Germany

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Opening move for Germany

Danzig or no? Not wanting to start a war I can't win, we sure do need food and Danzig is bordered on two sides by German units in the beginning.

Is it generally a good strategic move to hit Danzig early or no? Otherwise, I'm going to have to figure out another way to get the grain production rates up there to support the growing Army.

This is my first game.
    • Blackhammer wrote:

Danzig or no? Not wanting to start a war I can't win, we sure do need food and Danzig is bordered on two sides by German units in the beginning.

Is it generally a good strategic move to hit Danzig early or no? Otherwise, I'm going to have to figure out another way to get the grain production rates up there to support the growing Army.

This is my first game.
      Use history as a tool. Attack from Koinsberg and the polish-german border.

hell, call the soviet union if you have to
      This player may have been reactivated in October 27th 2017
    • If you're on the 22 player clash of nations map, then the relative strengths of countries are not historical and I would not take history as a guide. Poland has just as much potential as Germany at start, as do all nations. Germany also has an inherent diplomatic penalty with other human players for being Germany, and a precarious central location. I would focus on AI's, focus on building up grain production in Hanover instead, and ally Poland if possible instead of attacking them. France and Britain love to go all historical on you, so you can't afford to do the same. IRL Germany was technologically superior to France and far more motivated by economic desperation and with a stronger central government. Poland was way behind militarily and ripe for rapid conquest. These are not factors in COW. You have to play your cards carefully.
    • Oceabys wrote:

If you're on the 22 player clash of nations map, then the relative strengths of countries are not historical and I would not take history as a guide. Poland has just as much potential as Germany at start, as do all nations. Germany also has an inherent diplomatic penalty with other human players for being Germany, and a precarious central location. I would focus on AI's, focus on building up grain production in Hanover instead, and ally Poland if possible instead of attacking them. France and Britain love to go all historical on you, so you can't afford to do the same. IRL Germany was technologically superior to France and far more motivated by economic desperation and with a stronger central government. Poland was way behind militarily and ripe for rapid conquest. These are not factors in COW. You have to play your cards carefully.
      i should have mentioned that YOU NEED TO PLAY ON BLITZKRIEG
    • King Draza Mihajlovic wrote:

Oceabys wrote:

If you're on the 22 player clash of nations map, then the relative strengths of countries are not historical and I would not take history as a guide. Poland has just as much potential as Germany at start, as do all nations. Germany also has an inherent diplomatic penalty with other human players for being Germany, and a precarious central location. I would focus on AI's, focus on building up grain production in Hanover instead, and ally Poland if possible instead of attacking them. France and Britain love to go all historical on you, so you can't afford to do the same. IRL Germany was technologically superior to France and far more motivated by economic desperation and with a stronger central government. Poland was way behind militarily and ripe for rapid conquest. These are not factors in COW. You have to play your cards carefully.
      BLITZKRIEG? Is it a game mode? As I look at the game I'm in I see that it is a 22 player game. This is my first game and it gave me Germany which I think is probably a pretty advanced country to start out with. Too many fronts.

In retrospect, perhaps I should not have picked a fight with three countries right off the bat? :/
    • Blackhammer wrote:

King Draza Mihajlovic wrote:

Oceabys wrote:

BLITZKRIEG? Is it a game mode? As I look at the game I'm in I see that it is a 22 player game. This is my first game and it gave me Germany which I think is probably a pretty advanced country to start out with. Too many fronts.
      In retrospect, perhaps I should not have picked a fight with three countries right off the bat? :/
      You declared war on 3 countries?!??!??!?!?

How the .... did you manage to do that?