War in the Mediterranean!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• War in the Mediterranean!

Generals,

The enemy is planning a major offensive in the Mediterranean region. Our local forces already have enemy contact and carry out their instructions to hold the fortress lines to the last man. Gather your troops and set out immediately to repel the siege and destroy the enemy. Here are the operation details:

• “Mediterranean Theater 1941” is a new scenario for 4 generals with fixed country selection for both teams (Axis vs. Allies).
      • Both sides start with armies that are deployed at strategic locations, ready for the attack.
      • Both sides own several provinces with already developed fortresses and factories.
      • Even research has partially been unlocked.

Choose a side and play now in this historical scenario for supremacy in the Mediterranean.

In addition, we can announce the following improvements:
      • Improvement of the representation of unknown army strengths.
      • Improvement of the country selection menu.
      • Manpower now plays a lesser role in the arrangement of units in the army view (militias are moved to the back).
      • Fixed a bug which prevented playing the nuke video.
      • Improved performance.

We wish you lots of fun playing, and a successful campaign!

Your Call of War Team
    • In the tutorial on the 2v2 map, I had no problem with the checks for buildings and research, but I'm stuck in a loop where I am being asked to build infantry and subsequently being told that I cannot produce infantry at this point in the tutorial.

Also, the game does not show up when other people search for it.
    • it's a great map! very good location makes the game of the active from the first to the last day. A good set of troops and equipment at startup (maybe too good)

but if at least one player becomes inactive - this is the end. I would suggest to punish these players
    • Idk, I played the round and it was too chaotic. I had tanks and infantry scattered around, mixed in with arty and anti-tank guns, damaged buildings, and several locations on the map that were isolated. If you're a veteran and you like anarchy, this is the gamemode for you.
    • IISpikeII wrote:

Idk, I played the round and it was too chaotic. I had tanks and infantry scattered around, mixed in with arty and anti-tank guns, damaged buildings, and several locations on the map that were isolated. If you're a veteran and you like anarchy, this is the gamemode for you.
      Indeed, i didn't like the setup either.
      Especially the broken naval bases in non core and non producing provinces ;(
    • I joined 2 mediteranean maps and on both my ally want inactive, as did the enemy. Probably the map is too complicated for these >self-censored bad word< players.

Hence, I suggest to restrict the map to a certain rank. This at least gives you players that have played a few games and maybe... just maybe... will stay active.

More experienced players will also at least have some clue on how to use the wealth of units they are provided with.

It definitely is a great map though. I love it how the navy and airplanes are more important (even crucial) for dominating the sea, while you still have to fight your regular land battles too. This adds more spice and variety to the game.

The post was edited 2 times, last by _Pontus_ ().

• _Pontus_ wrote:

Hence, I suggest to restrict the map to a certain rank. This at least gives you players that have played a few games and maybe... just maybe... will stay active.

More experienced players will also at least have some clue on how to use the wealth of units they are provided with.
      What if you made a ranking system (separate from the current one) that would show you how high of a level you are, and it's based off of how many games you've joined and completed? This could be factored into a ratio, much like a K/D ratio, and could add some prestige to seasoned veterans who've played tons of games and actually completed them. Or you could just include it as a regular statistic, and include a Win/Loss ratio as well.