Can allied aircraft land on aircraft carriers?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Can allied aircraft land on aircraft carriers?

In my previous experience with in-game aircraft carriers, I have flown my own fighters, tactical bombers and naval patrol bombers off carriers and nuclear carriers, but I have never attempted to land on the carrier of an ally, nor have any allied aircraft attempted to land on my carriers.

So, the question is:

May the aircraft of your allies land on your aircraft carrier, and vice versa?

If so, are there any related issues, problems, bugs, etc., of which I should be aware?
    • nemuritor98 wrote:

No, the owner of the carrier is the only one allowed to land planes on it.
      That's disappointing, Nemo. Some of the great unsung moments of WW2 were U.S. Navy carriers transporting RAF or FAA aircraft to places like Malta, and Royal Navy carriers secretly reciprocating.

SGTBLT wrote:

An aircraft carrier is just like a land based airport, except its at sea.

If you have an RoW or higher with your ally than I don't see why you can't land on his carrier.
      Allies, yes. Other countries with a right of way using my carrier? No way, sir, I would not want that. I have seen too many loosely affiliated ROW holders take advantage of that relationship too many times. Especially for carriers, which, unlike air bases on land, have a limited aircraft service capacity.
    • MontanaBB wrote:

That's disappointing, Nemo. Some of the great unsung moments of WW2 were U.S. Navy carriers transporting RAF or FAA aircraft to places like Malta, and Royal Navy carriers secretly reciprocating.
      Ikr, but @Pablo22510 made a suggestion about this some months ago and I asked for the opinion of the support team and they also denied it, i think you can search for the thread and it'll have the tag included in the name.
      Estoy dispuesto a darlo todo, a luchar por lo que soy, a ser libre dentro de mi, a guerrear mientras viva.

Manual: Básico y Machiavelli
    • Thanks, Nemo. I wasn't looking for an argument/debate with the developers, but I needed to know for actual in-game planning. I need to transport several TB squadrons for an ally, and I am trying to anticipate any problems several days in advance, rather than getting surprised. The simple work-around in this case is to retain possession of the "lend-lease" TBs while they are being transported via carrier and until they are delivered to the ally. We can have the argument with the developers about allied aircraft landing on carriers on another day. :)
    • MontanaBB wrote:

SGTBLT wrote:

An aircraft carrier is just like a land based airport, except its at sea.

If you have an RoW or higher with your ally than I don't see why you can't land on his carrier.
      Allies, yes. Other countries with a right of way using my carrier? No way, sir, I would not want that. I have seen too many loosely affiliated ROW holders take advantage of that relationship too many times. Especially for carriers, which, unlike air bases on land, have a limited aircraft service capacity.
      I only said RoW because it is a treaty that is usually given to someone who is in line with you. In my opinion, RoW's are worthless.

I don't ever grant a RoW to anyone. Either your my Ally til the end and we have Share Map or you get nothing, that's how I roll.

As far as service capacity for aircraft, air bases on land have limits also. Of course you can roll them off in the weeds if you like so they can rust, but for active, service aircraft have a limit.

Brian
    • SGTBLT wrote:

I don't ever grant a RoW to anyone. Either your my Ally til the end and we have Share Map or you get nothing, that's how I roll.
      Not a bad attitude, to which I mostly subscribe. However, ROWs can serve several useful purposes, including extracting foreign troops from a province after an agreed-to transfer, or the conclusion of an accidental war when non-allied troops collide in a third country. I usually consider such ROWs to be temporary, and will revoke them when the particular purpose is fulfilled.
    • MontanaBB wrote:

SGTBLT wrote:

As far as service capacity for aircraft, air bases on land have limits also.
      Do in-game air bases have a service capacity for aircraft? If so, I am unaware of it. Of course, if you're talking about real world air bases, yes, they have some capacity limits, but it's usually easy to add additional fuel storage and another runway or two.
      Sorry, yes I was talking RL, should have put that. I'm old, please forgive me....LOL

Brian
    • akruska wrote:

the bad thing about transfering possesion of units is after they r traded back they wont level up.
      If you transfer units to another player, their research level should rise to the current completed research level when the receiving player completes the next level of research. Otherwise, they will stay at the research level at which they were received.
    • MontanaBB wrote:

akruska wrote:

the bad thing about transfering possesion of units is after they r traded back they wont level up.
      If you transfer units to another player, their research level should rise to the current completed research level when the receiving player completes the next level of research. Otherwise, they will stay at the research level at which they were received.
      montana you arew wrong on this one i have been in several games where i have traded units to allies because they either didnt have them researched or all of theirs were killed. the units dont level up if they are traded back and i have completed a new level of research on them