Real Problems Part 2

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Real Problems Part 2

As promised, a continuation of gripes about cow.

I like cow a lot. The only reason I am criticizing it is because it could be so much better if they would iron out some incredibly annoying wrinkles.

1. Surveys. When I first started playing I attempted to earn gold by taking the surveys. Every time I did, I got to the end of the survey and it said that I did not qualify for whatever reason. This is AFTER they took my demographic profile, and I had finished the survey. So, they took their part, and failed to deliver my part. That could be interpreted as a breach of implied contract, or even willful deception. I don't attempt to "earn gold" anymore.

2 Backstabbers. We have all had an ally or coalition member wait for our back to be turned so that they may attack. This is part of the game, even if it is incredibly dishonorable. I suggest that if players are sharing map, and one player wants to attack the other, there should be a forced 24 hour peace period before the attack goes through. If in a coalition, 72 hours. Or, alternatively, a severe morale penalty to the attacker, the results of the citizenry and armed forces realizing they are under the rule of an evil government.

3. Gold payout. I think that the gold payout for winning a game that takes weeks to win is pitiful. I read a post where they said that depending on the map, you get so much gold per VP. I think they said that it was 3 point something per VP on the 22 player map. The payout is 1 gold per VP. So, lets say you win with 675 VPs. You get 675 gold. Thas not even enough to finish 1 single construction in 1 province 1 time. Pitiful.

4. Supply drops. Haven't worked for some time now (weeks). But, when you get close to the end of the game, you find AI countrys have elite units built. Not just one type, but multiple types. I find this unbalanced. Fix the drops or at least quit letting Ai build units we can not even earn.

5. Aircraft. First, see my first post, as I will not reiterate. Aircraft regularly get stuck at point of attack, or when returning to base. They do not always return to attack an unit as ordered. Patrolling enemy aircraft (AI) switch the bases they are patrolling from if their original base is taken or destroyed. My aircraft have to return to base, turn into trucks, and drive to a new base. Most of the time, you have to take an entire country to get patrolling aircraft on the ground to refuel. It is also annoying that aircraft will always join when they are at base., If they are attacking the same target or if they have no attack orders. There should be a way to lock stacks of aircraft together. Related point: If you hace more than 1 stack of planes using the same airbase, they refuel together. ie: a flight returns to base, having 10 minutes to refuel. a second flight comes to that base, having 15 minutes to refuel. The game joins them together, and now both flights have 15 minutes to refuel. EVEN if the first flight had attack orders for a different target than the second. Sloppy sloppy sloppy.

Thats it for now. More to come. Any input from the community or from the cow team are appreciated.
    • Yeah I agree on all points, I do want to point out that the 1st issue is hardly the game company its fault, the thing is they get revenue with it, even if people do not even use it. Still all of those fake surveys should be gotten rid of, but this has been discussed and pointed out so many times already, they will not get rid of it even though they sort of become accomplishes by not doing so and just by associating with them makes for a really bad name. But for the rest bitrow has a good name and something to be proud of, they do always improve, though lately a bit slower, they do make things nice for us. They do listen to players, maybe it does not seem to you like that though. Well they do. They are just a bit slow at it xD
    • I actually shot the link to your first post when I saw it yesterday, and just shared this, as well, with the actual hired Bytro staff. It's good to see very well written suggestions listed out in a proper and fairly calm manner. I thank you for that :)

The gold payout is very low they may or may not change that. I think it is only enough to "give you a taste" for gold use, to make it more tempting to buy. If you're playing matches just to earn gold, play the 2v2 match, because it pays the highest per VP.

Crates they have been working on. AI shouldn't have any elite level units, unless the game is more than three weeks old. If your game is less than day 21, right now, the issue should no longer be there (AI having elite units). as far as making drops more common, only four games will you get crates in. One of those four must end before another will start dropping crates. Inside of that, they should generate every 2 days in each game, but there is a bug stopping that in many maps.

Aircraft are constantly being worked on. I agree, I hope they're fixed to full and soon :/

The first issue in this thread is the hardest to answer. Bytro is paid by the surveyors, and in turn gives you gold. Some surveyors are better than others, so asking your peers which they use and trust will do you the most good. If you are not satisfied with a certain surveyor, please create a support ticket from within the buy/earn gold screen, and list the surveyor company along with the survey name, and note that your gold was not paid, while your information was taken. This way, Bytro can find out exactly which companies seem to be screwing not only Bytro, but the community.

Hopefully these quick explanations will hold you over while the developers work on fixes :)
      Free Time looks good on me
    • I came from ES to bargain, Dormam...Stormbringer. Sorry, I had to say it.

It's very interesting how you point everything, enough to call my attention from another language. Backstabbers one are my favourite, I hate them too. Gold rewards is an old issue, same with surveys... but be sure we hear you, and we will share this even more.

I could say "they do as much as they can", but meh... I like this thread. AAALSO, I will say something... you aren't talking about fixes because it's not a bug, they pretend this, in some ways. AI units were on purpose, I guess gold rewards are too, and last time we asked for nerf planes they answer "Tactics are the best unit in the game.... for now". They pretend it to be like that, but not forever.

Don't lose hope!
      "Si vis pacem, para bellum"
      Ex- Main Admin (2016-2019)
    • Thank you for your replies, Taikhos and WiseOdin. I am impressed greatly by your responses. You have made me feel heard and respected. I didnt think I would get any reply from the bigwigs, or if i did, it wouldn't leave me satisfied. I feel even better about the staff now. And the problems seem less. Much gratitude.
      Odin was listening to his ravens. Haha.
    • Stormbringer50 wrote:

1. Surveys. When I first started playing I attempted to earn gold by taking the surveys. Every time I did, I got to the end of the survey and it said that I did not qualify for whatever reason. This is AFTER they took my demographic profile, and I had finished the survey. So, they took their part, and failed to deliver my part. That could be interpreted as a breach of implied contract, or even willful deception. I don't attempt to "earn gold" anymore.
      This happens in all types of surveys that gives "money", not just here at a Bytro game, you have to fit with what they want, curiosly it's legal xD

Stormbringer50 wrote:

2 Backstabbers. We have all had an ally or coalition member wait for our back to be turned so that they may attack. This is part of the game, even if it is incredibly dishonorable. I suggest that if players are sharing map, and one player wants to attack the other, there should be a forced 24 hour peace period before the attack goes through. If in a coalition, 72 hours. Or, alternatively, a severe morale penalty to the attacker, the results of the citizenry and armed forces realizing they are under the rule of an evil government.
      Part of the war(see II World War) i'd rather point out the fact that players can easily leave any game without penalty

Stormbringer50 wrote:

3. Gold payout. I think that the gold payout for winning a game that takes weeks to win is pitiful. I read a post where they said that depending on the map, you get so much gold per VP. I think they said that it was 3 point something per VP on the 22 player map. The payout is 1 gold per VP. So, lets say you win with 675 VPs. You get 675 gold. Thas not even enough to finish 1 single construction in 1 province 1 time. Pitiful.
      true, the gold payout is so far away from the amount of gold you need to do something in-game, what is the ratio, 1:25? xD

Stormbringer50 wrote:

4. Supply drops. Haven't worked for some time now (weeks). But, when you get close to the end of the game, you find AI countrys have elite units built. Not just one type, but multiple types. I find this unbalanced. Fix the drops or at least quit letting Ai build units we can not even earn.
      let's take it as an Elite AI, it makes it a bit harder :)
      Estoy dispuesto a darlo todo, a luchar por lo que soy, a ser libre dentro de mi, a guerrear mientras viva.

Manual: Básico y Machiavelli
    • COW has its problems so did S1914, but The reason I continue to play Bytro games is that I honestly believe they listen to our concerns. All that you have stated are genuine concerns in game, with Back stabbers to me being the most annoying, because it can have such a detrimental affect on a player and can cause them to stop playing. I do believe in a grace period penalty for leaving an ally in such a way. It is the reason I stopped playing in the players league games as it is so much a part of the culture there that I couldn't stomach another match.

As for the rest of your points I have faith in Bytro that they will eventually improve on them in time.

"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war"

"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy."Friedrich Nietzsche