Paratroopers.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Paras are ordinary soldiers that recieve parachute training the only special trait paras have is there the first people to die. Special forces? I'm pretty sure special forces work in squads of 10 not an entire battalion, SAS?, SEALS? Special mission units...paras...cannon fodder that glides. Can we stop talking about paras and start talking about how they have a use to the game please? Unit stats and cost?
    "Victory needs no explenation, defeat allows none"
    -imperium thought of the day
  • Pablo22510 wrote:

Exactly! And get what SAS stands for? That's right: Special Air Service. They dropped in parachutes behind enemy lines and destroyed air fields and planes.
    Don't bother arguing with these fools. Admin will give us paratroops soon enough. Track these peeps down, and defeat them in battle with paratroops. You can be vindicated then :D
  • BjorniXL wrote:

ItsDeems, just one thing, basically I like your ideas to put the effectiveness of paras down (sorry for bad english :D ), but why 3 hours of disembarkment? I understand why they would take long to embark, but to drop from a plane should usually not take 3 hours.
    Bjorn,

Paratroopers had to re-coordinate after landing (if they even could) before moving. The three hour disembark shows their drop, landing, and reforming.
  • Please be respectful.

On another note, I severely, severely doubt that Paratroopers will ever be added to the game.

In regards to Paratroopers:

Nearly every usage of them in the second world war ended in:
    *Defeat
    *Heavy casualties, if not nearly being wiped out.
    *Ineffective.

Furthermore.
    *Most instances of Paratroopers succeeding in accomplishing a mission(Such as the ones people like to point out on D-Day), would of failed if not for the intervention of Ground troops in most cases.

Paratroopers had a "Elite" image during the second world war, and the memory of them still do to this day. However, the fact of the matter is: They were ineffective.

Now, to add any units weaker than Militia, the most useless unit in the game...Would essentially make Paratroopers meh. Besides this, though it sounds "cool", it would not be a very effective, efficient feature in the current game mechanics.
    ---Essentially, you are asking for units that can go over the sky, and just pop onto empty territory. Then just roam around. In a much more in-depth game with greater mechanics, details, and a map - A game as or more complex than Hearts of Iron, it would make sense. However, it does not make sense in this game whatsoever(Which does have them, and is a incredibly exploitable unit).

That is all.
  • Propaganda is what makes them "heroic" don't know if it's vain glory or a simple moral boost, paras is very ineffective and that's the end of that.

On another note IF paras are implemented I imagine them as a fast reinforcement unit, but similar if not exactly like an infantry just fast, very fast to deploy but just ordinary infantry.
    "Victory needs no explenation, defeat allows none"
    -imperium thought of the day
  • CzarHellios wrote:

*Most instances of Paratroopers succeeding in accomplishing a mission(Such as the ones people like to point out on D-Day), would of failed if not for the intervention of Ground troops in most cases.
    The paras dropped relatively close to the actual land troops, whom they were to link up with. The paras were not intended to fight alone and defeat Nazi Germany on their own. They were to cause havoc, and to take out inland artillery. WHICH THEY DID, and quite well. Most of the intervening "ground troops" would have experienced a significantly higher casualty rate on the beaches, if the paras were not sent in.

The paratroops dropped in a 4 AM, and the landings started at 6:30 AM. Two and a half hours to capture bridges, road intersections, and to take out enemy artillery.
  • They still needed help from the ground forces and took heavy casualties. It's not like they had to fight their way to the troops, the troops had to fight their way to them. Also, troops from the shore had to knock out artillery since the para's weren't fully capable of retreating.

Forum ArmyField Marshall :00000441:

Mess with the Bill, you get the scorn!

• I hope to see paratrooper added on this game for sure. They add rail gun and rocket fighter in the game already who's was not used as much as paratroop in WW2. Those who doubt about there effecacity should watch the tv-series bands of brother. Those who doubt their use on a game should play the game Hearth oF Iron.
    I used them alot on that game and I always have 2 or 3 division of 3 paratroop units. Pretty usefull for encirclement and flank attack. Pretty usefull to take down unguarded airbase and destroy plane on the ground.For fast taking ungarded key production region, key ressources region and Island region.
    Some people think they just flying milicia, but the only bad thing about milicia on this game are the cost. Milicia are pretty awesone in some terrain, like mountain, jungle and ambushing. In this game it good against openent who all throw all there army on the front in one or two groups. By taking ungarded province they slow ennemy down alot, and force them to split for retake them.
    This will add much strategy in this game and force people to guard there key point, forteress, factory, ressource and airbase. And like I say in the beginning if rocket fighter made the cut why not paratroop?
  • Looking at your spelling and also paying attention to the fact that you did not use spell check, your response should be ignored and you clearly have a low IQ and should stay away from RTS games since you could probably only win against AI.

The reason for ignoring it is because someone who can't use spellcheck has little hope of using all units to their full extent. Militia are pretty damn useless, in the past month I have built only one and that was to slow down an enemy advance. It failed, the militia died way too quick. Also, they are horrifically slow and an AC could probably kill 5-10 of them with ease.

• Martinskyboy wrote:

I hope to see paratrooper added on this game for sure. They add rail gun and rocket fighter in the game already who's was not used as much as paratroop in WW2. Those who doubt about there effecacity should watch the tv-series bands of brother. Those who doubt their use on a game should play the game Hearth oF Iron.
    I used them alot on that game and I always have 2 or 3 division of 3 paratroop units. Pretty usefull for encirclement and flank attack. Pretty usefull to take down unguarded airbase and destroy plane on the ground.For fast taking ungarded key production region, key ressources region and Island region.
    Some people think they just flying milicia, but the only bad thing about milicia on this game are the cost. Milicia are pretty awesone in some terrain, like mountain, jungle and ambushing. In this game it good against openent who all throw all there army on the front in one or two groups. By taking ungarded province they slow ennemy down alot, and force them to split for retake them.
    This will add much strategy in this game and force people to guard there key point, forteress, factory, ressource and airbase. And like I say in the beginning if rocket fighter made the cut why not paratroop?
    Obviously you did not read the whole thread through as well.

• I agree with you, Bill, but no need to be rude. Although he clearly has problems to express himself, which I am not gonna deny, he does have a point. That said, I am completely agreeing with not adding them, at least not in the near future, there are much more important things to do.