A quick poll about the airforce

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• A quick poll about the airforce

I will use the silence between the years to ask the community of call of War one question. We had in the last year a lot of changes in CoW, and seen many new things. (thanks for that Bytro 8) ) But after a lot of battles all over the World we see one branch of service is more powerful than all other, the airforce!

They are fast and deadly, to deadly in my eyes.

Would you like to play with your friends in a game where gold is banned?

Watch for the next season starts in September!
  • Do you think it's better for CoW games that the airforce is loosing a bit of it's power? 22
      Yes, the are to strong (7) 32%
      No, leave they in the way they are (15) 68%
    First Question:

• If they airforce is a bit to powerful, what is the best to change? 20
      reduce the "ticks" on patrol from 4 to 2 per hour (2) 10%
      reduce the ground damage from tactical bombers (6) 30%
      rise the refuel time on airbases (2) 10%
      rise the oil consumption for upkeep​ (3) 15%
      rise the power of AA units to protect ground units (8) 40%
      let the planes on patrol came home after 4 hours automatically​ (and refuel) (8) 40%
      no, leave the airforce in the way they are (7) 35%
    Second Question:

(you have three votes)

• Talking about airforce as a whole(4), we have 2 useful units(fighters and tactical bombers) and 2 useless units(strategical bombers and naval bombers). So the airforce as branch, is not that powerful above the others.

I wouldn't change nothing from the fighter.
    I would raise the oil upkeep for tactical bombers.
    I would reduce the ground and air damage for tactical bombers.
    I would reduce the HP to 20 for the tacticsl bombers.
    I would rise the ships and submarines damage for naval bombers.
    I would rise the HP from 25(i think it's 25) to 30 for naval bombers.

Didn't check strategic bombers as they are a completly useless unit.
    Estoy dispuesto a darlo todo, a luchar por lo que soy, a ser libre dentro de mi, a guerrear mientras viva.

Manual: Básico y Machiavelli
  • Planes are honestly fine as they are. I would like to see AA with a little more power, or possibly a range around them in which they can hit passing aircraft. Probably about half the size of the arty range. TB's have their weaknesses to fighters, as well as infantry units. AA are relatively cheap so you "can" build loads of them, however I do think they need higher power.
    Free Time looks good on me
  • As much as people like to bash TAC, as here we are beating the rotten carcass of a dead horse, TACs are probably what get new potential real players motivated to continue. They are a very good unit, mainly because of their ability to move long distances quickly and their kill ratio vs most infantry, but they are not so hard to beat with AA which if fast and cheap and more efficient in terms of upkeep than TAC. I think PL is moving towards a more balanced unit distribution already because people are figuring out how to balance and group their units. Isolated units are very vulnerable to planes but big stacks with good AA are not a good bargain for planes. Although, some adjustments could and perhaps shoule/will be made, the main problem isn't that TACs are overpowered, but that people use TACs to dominate noobs and noobs get upset.
  • Hello,
    I myself use planes especially tactical bombers a lot. I think they are strong and powerfull. But AA units are very powerfull too. I once lost 20 out of 30 Bombers in just one attack. I can´t remember the ammount of AA but they sould be not just a few. My enemie was nearly dead and had to build all of them new with limited resources. I nearly lost the battle ´couse i wasn´t prepared. Not for such a lot of enemies.
    I don´t want to bore you with a long story, I just wanted to give you an example of how powerfull the AA compared to planes are. I mean in real life AA guns were mostly unnecesssary. A german Flak 36 8,8cm needed more than 1000 shots to destroy just one plan. A Quadruple gun needed over 36000 shots. I don´t know the numbers for other AAA`s but the sould be equal.
    So my point is, that planes are not overpowered, ´cause their counterparts are strong enough.
    Homo Hominis Lupus
    -Der Mensch ist dem Mensch ein Wolf
  • I can't believe that so many people find it's historically correct, to have a so strong airforce during world war II.

It's too easy to build up a strong airforce and to kill all ground units that move into range. It's right that tactical bombers have historically a easy job, if they attack support lines and tanks on clear ground, but if I have a look back to Stalingrad or the Ardennen they didn't got it, to wipe out the enemy infantry.

When we look into the newer history, like the Vietnam War or The "Anti-Terror War" in Afghanistan you see that it's not enough to control the air to win a war. Infantry must be stronger against horizontal bombers.

Here in this game we have no weather effects, no night and no terrain effects, the allowed players to operate without airforce.

I've played this game now more than a year in games with a lot of good and active players, in the Players League and in the German League. But when I look back to all this games, I must say that most times the player win the game that concentrate they production to a strong airforce.
    You can attack one enemy on the one side of you country and less hours later you can kill an other opponent with the same bombers on the other side. They are to fast and to important in this game - Think about it!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Xarus ().

• The reason your hating Tactical Bombers is because your losing against them. To beat them just build Fighters or AA otherwise without Tacts it becomes a armoured game. I versed many Tacts and destroy them with fighters. They are not a problem for me and remember if you spam a unit it will always work 1-2 Tactical Bombers are not good. Knowing that you will get punished with another Unit but Please make Navel Bombers stronger only against Subs
  • Jackson wrote:

nemuritor98 wrote:

Nickm wrote:

The reason your hating Tactical Bombers is because your losing against them.
    I'm glad to point that you are wrong
    How is he wrong you Idiot you probably got angry because you lost
    that's the point, i didn't xD
    Estoy dispuesto a darlo todo, a luchar por lo que soy, a ser libre dentro de mi, a guerrear mientras viva.

Manual: Básico y Machiavelli