Re-basing of aircraft

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Re-basing of aircraft

One thing I noticed when I built my first aircraft is what seems to be a glitch between patrol radius and ability to change bases. I can fly to the edge of my radius and stay air born for a while, yet if I try to re-base to an airbase just outside of the circle my planes get packed up on trucks. This just does not seem right. My understanding of WWII was pilots loaded their kit onto their plane and flew to the next assigned base, leapfrogging from airfield to airfield if refuel was needed. Hopefully this is an easy fix.
      "A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

"Do, or do not. There is no try" - Yoda
    • On this topic, here is my question: Are airbases in provinces with no other development functional? Do I only need the infrastructure and IC to build the planes? I know I will find out in about 10hrs when the planes I have on trucks arrive at their destination, but if I can get an answer to this before they arrive at the 'airfield in the middle of nowhere, I might be able to save myself the unhappy surprise...
    • X_gambit_X wrote:

Are airbases in provinces with no other development functional? Do I only need the infrastructure and IC to build the planes? I know I will find out in about 10hrs when the planes I have on trucks arrive at their destination,
      Level 1 air bases are "functional" when they are 50% complete (9 of 18 hours construction time); at a 50% completed L1 air base, an aircraft squadron requires 30 minutes to refuel; at a 100% completed L1 air base, a squadron refuels in 15 minutes. A 100% completed L2 air base refuels aircraft units in 7.5 minutes; a 100% completed L3 air base refuels aircraft units in 5 minutes. The refueling time decreases incrementally as each new level of air base is incrementally completed.

However, each level of air base must be 100% completed to produce certain types of aircraft: an L1 industrial complex and a 100% completed L1 air base are required to produce interceptor/fighter squadrons. An L1 industrial complex and a 100% completed L2 air base are required to produce tactical bomber and naval bomber squadrons, as well as rockets. An L1 industrial complex and a 100% completed L3 air base are required to produce strategic bombers, atomic bombers and nuclear rockets -- and the latter two units also require a reactor. Adding additional levels of industrial complex reduce unit production time and also increase resource production in that province.

If your aircraft truck convoys arrive at a 50% completed L1 air base, they will automatically unload and appear with the appropriate aircraft icon. You can even schedule them for patrol or attack after their arrival (in advance) using the "add target" function on the unit command dialog box.

The post was edited 2 times, last by MontanaBB ().