Decrease militia cost

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Decrease militia cost

Ok, there's a militia thread already but we're pointing out how useless it is and some ways to make it worthwhile and that's pretty much it.

So for this manner there are 2 units that are underused with many reasons like the militia, there is always a reason why there in the game but the Devs really delivered them poorly, so I come up with some idea that might give them justice, it doesn't matter if there still underused what matters they have a role to play.

The militia is the single most worthless unit in the game, it's expensive and its weak, but there are a lot of problems how they were presented, militia are conscipted to defend their country, this make them "temporary" troops because there effectively cannon fodder, some militia are trained but very little. In game the militia cost more than the base infantry and cost more res on upkeep, now this means 1 thing...there better fed than the normal infantry, this abnormal cost is unreasonable, abnormal, and the very reason why the militia is so worthless.
      So my thought are:
      -decrease the res cost of militia to 50% lower to the infantry
      -decrease upkeep to 50% lower to the infantry
      -decrease militia power of attacking infantry from 1.5 to 1

I don't want to say the militia is completely useless because there not, but how they were implemented in the game is wrong, it's wrong because the high risk low reward aspect of it is the reason why the militia is so underused, the cost is unreasonable is wrong, base line infantry are dying in the thousands fighting but they only get less grain compare to the militia that takes more, this is a great injustice to us, to the militia, to the infantry, and to this game, I swear the devs must be crazy to know facts about militia but made them very and unreasonably expensive. It's wrong.
      "Victory needs no explenation, defeat allows none"
      -imperium thought of the day
    • I agree, the British Home Guard took ages to become an a decent force, and the Militia unit is basically the home guard. As their tech tree goes on they should be more effective, but first and foremost, they are pure defence. They should be cheap and easy to pump out.
      "If the tanks succeed, then victory follows."- H.Guderian

"Hit first ! Hit hard ! Keep on hitting ! ! (The 3 H's)" Admiral Jackie Fisher

"The 3 Requisites for Success – Ruthless, Relentless, Remorseless(The 3 R's)" Admiral Fisher

Crates: a Term used to define any unwanted and unneeded feature in CoW

Game Username: LordStark01
    • Yes I agree milicia can win war and there cost it suppose to be real under infantry. They can fight like guerilla and made for surviving without big need of ressources and ammunitions. But if you decrease there attacking power you should increase bonus like for defense in mountain. Milicia in some war theory are a key feature, like for ambushing and hit-and-run guerilla fighting. Italy blackshirt was used as peace keeper and was a big portion of their defense. Viet-Nam and south American country used them alot, and RUssian infantry at the start of hostility against german was pretty much just milicia, with the NKVD pushing them to the front.
      So there key feature, are quick to mobilize, low need in supply and strong for maintain order.
    • Well guerilla are more a kind of warfare theory, often used by militia and guerillos(guerilla),most used against unprotected military target. Militia dont have the moral of professional army I agree but regular infantry in WW2 didnt have a big training too, before being send to the front. If you send militia fight heavy tank it normal that you dont see any use for them!
      But at there cost now they losing all there advantage, you should build infantry unless you dont have factory.
    • Remove militia from the game...and possibly lower cost of regular infantry by 10-20%. Militia are too tempting for new players to build and they wreck havoc on the economy. Plus, players and AI overbuild barracks in bad provinces (low manpower) creating food issues.

Problem solved.
    • Butter Ball Bill wrote:

BeerBelly wrote:

Remove militia from the game...and possibly lower cost of regular infantry by 10-20%
      The devs are not going to do either of those and recently I have been experimenting with militia, they do have a use(which I will not say).
      Cheap infantry and extra bodies. They also do well in defence.

"The 3 Requisites for Success – Ruthless, Relentless, Remorseless(The 3 R's)" Admiral Fisher

• Butter Ball Bill wrote:

TankBuster wrote:

Not quite, I use them alone.
      The Lone Militia- coming to a CoW game near you

• TankBuster wrote:

Butter Ball Bill wrote:

BeerBelly wrote:

Remove militia from the game...and possibly lower cost of regular infantry by 10-20%
      The devs are not going to do either of those and recently I have been experimenting with militia, they do have a use(which I will not say).
      And they eat the most food per day of any unit and have horrible stats versus infantry

An expanding empire starts feeling pressures of food eaten by the population in this game...so good luck using lots of militia late game. Pro advice here, lol.
    • BeerBelly wrote:

Pro advice here, lol.
      Doubt it. What level are you, what is your ranking and how much experimenting have you done? Answer truthfully.

Both Sandevot(no. 1) and I(no. 116) can use them. It seems the 'average Joe' can't use them(which you appear to be).

Forum ArmyField Marshall :00000441:

Mess with the Bill, you get the scorn!

• Good for you...it is bad advice for new players. I responded to Tankbuster (unsure of his rank) so I'm not sure why you have to interject here but again, think big picture.

BTW, I think you have a reading comprehension problem. My "pro advice" comment was not saying that my comment should be followed, I was making some fun of Tankbuster's comments. Sheesh...horse to water...
    • BeerBelly wrote:

Good for you...it is bad advice for new players. I responded to Tankbuster (unsure of his rank) so I'm not sure why you have to interject here but again, think big picture.

BTW, I think you have a reading comprehension problem. My "pro advice" comment was not saying that my comment should be followed, I was making some fun of Tankbuster's comments. Sheesh...horse to water...
      LvL 28 buddy

• militia have their uses and I tend to build a few of them depending on my economy and needs. I do agree however that upkeep costs and/or manpower costs should be decreased somewhat. However, it should be statistically so that infantry is still better 'under the line' because you have to factor in the industry complex' costs. Otherwise the militia would be OP (just spam 50 of them in the first 6 days.....).

So the under the line effectiveness should be around 80% in my view taking into account all costs offset against infantry. The militia strength is fine as it is.