Naval Base

    • Can some one explain the game mechanics to me?
      Is the increase to lvl2, 10% over current amount of production? (lvl1 is 5%) making the total cumm. 15%
      Or is it really add 15% over your current total production?

      And is it adding the add % over the current, or a base production?

      Because if i calculate it, for a non core oil prov, it's not worth to upgrade it to get more oild production, as the upkeep is more then the new production.

      1300 (lvl 1 Industry and lvl 1 naval)
      +10% = 130
      -150 (upkeep increases from 100 to 250)
      ___________

      -20

      am I wrong ?

    • I can't say, specifically, for CoW; however, in all the other war games I play, the math is already done for you.

      Therefore, if level 1 = +5% and level 2 = +15% one does not add +5% to +15% to get +20%; the actual bonus is just +15% to the base production/combat number (the bonus increase from level 1 to level 2 isn't stated....it would be the difference between what level 2 is and what level 1 was...in this case +10%).

      In some games, one could have several +% and several -%; the game would be laborious if one had to do all that math.
    • I Patton wrote:

      I can't say, specifically, for CoW; however, in all the other war games I play, the math is already done for you.

      Therefore, if level 1 = +5% and level 2 = +15% one does not add +5% to +15% to get +20%; the actual bonus is just +15% to the base production/combat number (the bonus increase from level 1 to level 2 isn't stated....it would be the difference between what level 2 is and what level 1 was...in this case +10%).

      In some games, one could have several +% and several -%; the game would be laborious if one had to do all that math.
      I believe it would use the system of what you described.
      But in that case my calculations are correct.
      And it's not worth to upgrade to lvl 2 in that province, as it will cost more to maintain then it will produce
    • Phoenix King wrote:

      I've found that in the case of any double resource producing province on a coast will benefit from the construction of a Naval Base and the increase in resource production more than offsets the increased upkeep, unless you're in a very oil dry country (such as Sweden on the 10 player map).
      It depends on the amount of production, wetter the upgrade will be worth the extra upkeep.
      However I was talking about the non core provinces, so the production isn't high enough to pay for it.

      In that case one need to decide if you need it for your navy.