Merchant navy

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Merchant navy

Because the control of the ocean does not have the importance due, it would be a good idea if the trades (purchases in the markets or exchanges by chat) that are made with other countries (be it players or AI) would leave in a merchant navy, Control of the ocean or sea is claimed, as these ships could sink. If later on you could even give the option to produce those ships for the transport would be better because it improves the economic aspect of the game and even the option that to embark the troops you have to own boats for them (like the same boats Of war with a more limited capacity and the merchants navy with greater capacity to transport the troops)
    • I've never thought this was a good idea, it's been mentioned before. The reason you buy/exchange resources is because you need them now, not in two days time.
      :00000441: Forum Gang Commissar :00000441:

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Quasi-duck wrote:

I've never thought this was a good idea, it's been mentioned before. The reason you buy/exchange resources is because you need them now, not in two days time.
      Completely agree. The market completely loses its raison d'etre once its immediate aspect disappears. It's an original idea but I you had to wait 2 days for your cargo to bedelivered you might as well just invade your neighbor to get the needed resources.

Also I don't agree with naval warfare having no importance in the game. Those who have played as the US and tried to invade Europe (or vice-versa) know very well how important it is to maintain naval supremacy. I was held off for a good 48h by Sweden with just a few ships even though he had barely any other army worth the mention, just as a I destroyed Turkey despite having far less troops with just one submarine (waiting for him to cross the Bosphorus).
    • VIRVCOBRV wrote:

Also I don't agree with naval warfare having no importance in the game. Those who have played as the US and tried to invade Europe (or vice-versa) know very well how important it is to maintain naval supremacy. I was held off for a good 48h by Sweden with just a few ships even though he had barely any other army worth the mention, just as a I destroyed Turkey despite having far less troops with just one submarine (waiting for him to cross the Bosphorus).
      Yeah, and it has become even more important since the implementation of both the world map and the aircraft carrier. Navies are very important in the Pacific.
      :00000441: Forum Gang Commissar :00000441:

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• gilbertjesus wrote:

If later on you could even give the option to produce those ships for the transport
      I like this idea, it ties in with the idea of a cargo plane and also its more realistic, But then I think they would have to make like a Bank for the money and new buildings involving the economic stuff in the game. Perhaps even a new cargo truck even. But nonetheless its a good idea yet there would have to be some extra work outside the ships as I have mentioned earlier.