Food

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• You can't control food production, we can just improve it.
      You got red maybe because you have too many units (mostly infantry) that eats a lot of grain as upkeep, and you never made any attemp to improve grain production, because you got red on a country that you said rich in grain.

I also suspect you came from S1914 yes? If so I tell you this: Adapt or die.
      "Victory needs no explenation, defeat allows none"
      -imperium thought of the day
    • Sorry But I started off playing for the 1st time in this game, your assumption makes an A__ of your remark. within 15 minutes of playing I was red in food production. No I did not come from 1914. Never heard of the game till I found the forum. I'm a fast learner but this game leaves a lot to be desired, very steep learning curve, and long waiting times. In the 6 hours I have invested in the game so far I have built a laundry list of things that would be needed to fix the game. The US east coast was more farming than what is portrayed in the game for one. When units are on the move they should tell the user eta when curser is over the unit. Resources should be linked to the providence with an arrow or a bold line as when viewed; some times looking at the map they are in the next providence which is in another country as it stands right now. there are other fixes or improvements that can be made but I won't go into them here.

V/R
      RDMC
      USN(Ret)

PS Looks like I will be restarting my 2 games as The system cant seem to keep track of my account. Huuummmmmmm. Bug? Logged in/created account w/ facebook but every time I log off it cant find my account and makes up another account. So I'm eternally stuck on the 1st 2 days of the game.
    • wolfrider wrote:

PS Looks like I will be restarting my 2 games as The system cant seem to keep track of my account. Huuummmmmmm. Bug? Logged in/created account w/ facebook but every time I log off it cant find my account and makes up another account. So I'm eternally stuck on the 1st 2 days of the game.
      Facebook accounts cause a lot of problems here. I have one myself but haven't run into that bug. It is a known one and I think the devs are looking into it.

Forum ArmyField Marshall :00000441:

Mess with the Bill, you get the scorn!

• This last I seem to have found out. in trial and error. A little brief by someone who knows what happens for a short walk thru would be most decidedly a helpful thing. If you build infrastructure then industrial complex, does the complex wipeout the infrastructure that you just built?
    • Tips for maintaining food:

1. Upgrade all core food provinces with level 3 infrastructure and at least level 1 infrastructure in all non-core food provinces. Some non-cores will have the "double" food marking...I usually build level 3 infrastructure there as well.

2. Only build barracks in high manpower provinces with factories. Barracks increase manpower production. This will also allow you to build Infantry versus militia.

2a. NEVER build Militia...they consume the most food of any unit (150 per day) and are really useless (wimpy and cost prohibitive). If you start the game with militia, use them in attacks so they die early and replace them with infantry.

3. Do not upgrade barracks until you can produce Mech Infantry (barracks level 3 required). If you don't go this research route, don't upgrade barracks at call. I don't recommend Motorized Infantry which require barracks level 2.

4. DISABLE all barracks UNLESS you are producing an infantry unit. Even damaged level 2 barracks need to be disabled since they still count as a level 1 full hp barracks. Level 2 barracks consume 500 food a day versus 200 food for level 1 barracks. Level 3 barracks consume a whopping 1000 food a day.

5. If you are still negative, start using obsolete units as cannon fodder in attacks so they die. Since you can't disband units, you have to "suicide" them. In late games where opponents have no significant air-force, the need for AA guns and eventually even fighter planes outlive their usefulness. I usually suicide artillery if i had bothered to build them.

6. Switch from infantry production to tanks. Tanks use 50 food per day and infantry use 100 food per day. You might run a fuel shortage but hey, you have more food now!

The post was edited 1 time, last by BeerBelly ().