Wheres the Aircraft carriers

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• This has been suggested before many times, the search button should give you some insight as to how many times it's been mentioned. We don't know when they'll be reintroduced, since the first time they did, it had problems and bugs that broke the game.
    • Judging by how most games release big updates (as AC would be) you're either looking at the Asia map or a world map. Hold on man, glorious AC will be with us soon!
      "If the tanks succeed, then victory follows."- H.Guderian

"Hit first ! Hit hard ! Keep on hitting ! ! (The 3 H's)" Admiral Jackie Fisher

"The 3 Requisites for Success – Ruthless, Relentless, Remorseless(The 3 R's)" Admiral Fisher

Crates: a Term used to define any unwanted and unneeded feature in CoW

Game Username: LordStark01
    • In WW2, Aircraft carriers were not used at all in the Atlantic theater (only supported Africa invasion/landings) and would be too OP. Additionally, most landlocked or surrounded countries (Poland, Romania, Germany, Russia, Yugoslavia) would not bother building since they need to focus on ground troops and defend or conquer Europe. There really is no need for CVs at all. Save this unit for a Pacific theater map.

I like powerful Battleships..especially since Cruisers are so wimpy and Destroyers cant bombard land (that needs to change).
    • Aaah, ok, CV

"The 3 Requisites for Success – Ruthless, Relentless, Remorseless(The 3 R's)" Admiral Fisher

• BeerBelly wrote:

In WW2, Aircraft carriers were not used at all in the Atlantic theater (only supported Africa invasion/landings) and would be too OP. Additionally, most landlocked or surrounded countries (Poland, Romania, Germany, Russia, Yugoslavia) would not bother building since they need to focus on ground troops and defend or conquer Europe. There really is no need for CVs at all. Save this unit for a Pacific theater map.

I like powerful Battleships..especially since Cruisers are so wimpy and Destroyers cant bombard land (that needs to change).
      Germany was building a AV, it was sunk by the Russians after the war. CV was used in the Med to support the defence of Malta and it was used to protect convoys in the Atlantic.

And Russia is not landlocked, have you ever seen a map of Russia?

Destroyers can bombard land, but due to their short range its not something tactically viable until around lvl 3/4.

And the Use of the CV would be in support landings on the USA/UK or Europe (if playing as the US/Canada)

• TankBuster wrote:

Germany was building a AV, it was sunk by the Russians after the war
      After the Germans sunk it and the Russians raised it.

TankBuster wrote:

Destroyers can bombard land
      I think what he meant is the fact that they have no range. Asking for it is out of the question, I said it once and Zarathursa(did I get that right?) immediately said no and closed the thread.

Forum ArmyField Marshall :00000441:

Mess with the Bill, you get the scorn!

• Butter Ball Bill wrote:

TankBuster wrote:

Germany was building a AV, it was sunk by the Russians after the war
      After the Germans sunk it and the Russians raised it.

TankBuster wrote:

I think what he meant is the fact that they have no range. Asking for it is out of the question, I said it once and Zarathursa(did I get that right?) immediately said no and closed the thread.
      The Russians sunk the Graf in weapons testing, I never knew they raised her (always thought her crew failed to scuttle her)

Destroyers have a good range at higher levels, but even then, you shouldn't use them for naval artillery. I use them as extra bodies.

• BeerBelly wrote:

In WW2, Aircraft carriers were not used at all in the Atlantic theater
      Dude, do you even know what you're saying. CVs were greatly used in the Atlantic theater to protect convoys. Small carriers were mass-produced for this task. And dude, Poland, Russia, Germany and Yugoslavia are NOT landlocked. They have sea.

TankBuster wrote:

Yes they can, but my question is: do they do any damage?
      The past is a foreign country.