Make Air plane Bomb options (H.E. vs Incendiary)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Make Air plane Bomb options (H.E. vs Incendiary)

I think a nice addition would be to add an option to choose what type of bombs you would like your bombers to use when bombing enemy provinces.

If you choose H.E. bombs, they could do more damage to enemy units that are on the move or garrisoned.

If you choose incendiary bombs, they could do more damage to infrastructure and enemy soldiers.

Just a thought! Keep up the good work guys! :thumbsup: :beer:
    • Hello comrade, good suggestion, an example in the case of a "siege" with many enemy troops in the city would be much more useful the incendiary option that would visibly kill them faster and enable a new advance more quickly that are the advantages that I come to My mind and I think there are many others that need to be :)
      A COBRA VAI FUMAR! :00010166:

The post was edited 1 time, last by GetulioVargas ().

• Gentlemen, all war games involve an inherent trade-off/balancing between greater realism/greater detail and abstraction/simplification/playability.

COW is played at the level of regiments (~1500 men, plus equipment), brigades (~600 men, plus ~80 to ~120 tanks), and squadrons (~400 men, plus 12 or more aircraft), on a map composed of provinces and urban areas. That is our level of detail vs. abstraction. Accordingly, we do not include the weapons of individual soldiers (flamethrowers, grenades, particular small arms), nor weapons that are typical of squads and platoons (machine guns), or companies (mortars) because that is below the level of detail incorporated into the game. The same could also be said of specific munitions used by ships, aircraft and tank units, i.e., drawing a new distinction between armor-piercing (AP) and high-explosive (HE) shells and bombs.

If you want to play a war game with that level of detail/granularity, you probably need to look for another online game that is played at the squad-level (3 to 8 men), not the regimental level.