Annexation???

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Annexation???

While reading the laments of numerous players that lacked a solution to the ever present issue of consumption economics, I remembered the applications of history. In almost every situation of a growing world power, territory was annexed by the power. It was essentially, to assimilate it with this game, made a core territory itself. To put it into this game, and to imagine a tentative solution to the above problem, perhaps we could have a system of slowly annexing territory.

This, in my vision, would take 24 hours per territory, one at a time, would cost money, and the territory would have to be connected by road to some other territory of the player's core, whether annexed or original.

Please read and tell me what you think. Open to criticism :thumbsup:

The post was edited 1 time, last by LordVoidVIII ().

• Interesting thought, but the penalty Imo represents the conquered people not liking and generally resisting the usurper. I'm not sure 24 hours is near enough time to win their hearts and minds to be more productive. Historically:

• A puppet gov'the would cover more territory and reduce the penalty, but not make it go away. (Vichy France)
      • Breed them out (movie Braveheart)
      • Push the subjugated people out and move your people in (Isreali settlements in Palestine, American West with Native American tribes)
      • Enslave and settle (Roman empire)
      • Incorporate the territory as new state within the union (Greek city states)
      Most of these strategies took decades, we'll beyond the scope of the game time frame.
      "A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

"Do, or do not. There is no try" - Yoda
    • I believe that the time factor is the least interfering because because it is a game can be applied in a "superficial" way without losing the reality of a game, what makes it impossible for the training would be how this process would occur, it is up to the team Think because it is a viable idea
      A COBRA VAI FUMAR! :00010166:
    • Peter Mat wrote:

Interesting thought, but the penalty Imo represents the conquered people not liking and generally resisting the usurper. I'm not sure 24 hours is near enough time to win their hearts and minds to be more productive. Historically:

• A puppet gov'the would cover more territory and reduce the penalty, but not make it go away. (Vichy France)
      • Breed them out (movie Braveheart)
      • Push the subjugated people out and move your people in (Isreali settlements in Palestine, American West with Native American tribes)
      • Enslave and settle (Roman empire)
      • Incorporate the territory as new state within the union (Greek city states)
      Most of these strategies took decades, we'll beyond the scope of the game time frame.
      For some this is true, but Vichy France took very little time, and when Germany annexed Ausria it took just a few months to do it. I believe that even if it did take a long time, it could be increased to something like 3 provinces at a time. Are you sure there is no way it would work?
    • How long has Spain attempted to assimilate the Basque region?
      How long did UK attempt to assimilate Ireland?
      Alsace and Lorraine would be excellent examples of provinces that were "traded" for decades.

While there are examples of successful nation growth there are also example of failure. Further, some claimed examples of success (Anschluss in Austria) might be strongly contested by folks who were there at the time.

If we add in the time component of this game (a mysterious and magical thing), the joining of conquered provinces to the core country gets even more problematic.

----------

The essential problem being addressed here is players feel that gaining resources is too difficult. One way some players see of improving resource gain is to provide better access to the resources of conquered provinces.

The (for profit) creators of the game are not necessarily inclined to change anything in the game that will reduce profits. Since the sale of resources is part of the profit margin, the game creators have a disincentive to "fix" this problem.

So, I don't expect this "problem" to be fixed unless it is done as part of a larger solution that actually increases profitability of the over all game.
    • LordVoidVIII wrote:

While reading the laments of numerous players that lacked a solution to the ever present issue of consumption economics, I remembered the applications of history. In almost every situation of a growing world power, territory was annexed by the power. It was essentially, to assimilate it with this game, made a core territory itself. To put it into this game, and to imagine a tentative solution to the above problem, perhaps we could have a system of slowly annexing territory.

This, in my vision, would take 24 hours per territory, one at a time, would cost money, and the territory would have to be connected by road to some other territory of the player's core, whether annexed or original.

Please read and tell me what you think. Open to criticism :thumbsup:
      The issue is that players are NOT building up their resources.

When you are short on food - disable your barracks and build more industrial complexes or upgrade your infrastracture. Simple as that.

And if you are fully upgraded (which is not likely), then take over the territory of your neighboring enemy.