[Suggestion] Surrendering

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [Suggestion] Surrendering

Do you believe this to be a useful idea as written down right now? 7
        Yes (3) 43%
        No (4) 57%
      My suggestion is based on the fact that Call of War does not have any feature regarding surrendering, which used to be a big thing at the time (ask Stalin for more details).

How it would work if implemented would be as follows:

- A destroyed unit would decrease the morale of the province it is located on, the morale of nearby friendly units, the morale of towns, as they would be better informed.

- A button "surrender" would appear next to unit already in combat. This would allow it to cease the fighting and will be from now on moved by the "winner", albeit still wearing the "looser's" flag;

- Surrendered units can be exchanged for ressources;

- Surrendered units will fight for the "winner" after four days;

- Surrendered units do not regain strength.

The post was edited 1 time, last by darksoul111 ().

• True, sorry, i accidentally deleted the first paragraph. The loss of a unit would dramatically decrease the morale of the province it is located on, it would also decrease by x% the morale of all nearby friendly units, along with cities of the country.

Surrendering would be an alternative to losing morale which we all know leads to uprisings and loss of production.
    • It is not obvious to me that this makes the game better, easier to play or more realistic.

IF, and I mean IF, we are attempting to add some level of realism regarding how surrendering is handled, the governing issues are 1) how the enemy will treat you and 2) how your country will treat you.

If nation A maintains a policy of granting POWs reasonable privileges (food, health services, survivable camps), it makes it easier for an enemy (nation B) to surrender. This might be modeled as an improvement in nation A attacks on nation B. It might also be modeled as an increased cost to feed the POWs.

If nation B maintains a policy of "no surrender", it does not have the cost of maintaining POW camps but it does have a reduced ability to wipe out units that know there is no point in surrendering.

These are top level functions that _might_ be worth modeling in a game that included more details about types of governments (and their policies). It is not clear to me that there is a need for a unit level of detail on this.
    • darksoul111 wrote:

My suggestion is based on the fact that Call of War does not have any feature regarding surrendering, which used to be a big thing at the time (ask Stalin for more details).

How it would work if implemented would be as follows:

- A destroyed unit would decrease the morale of the province it is located on, the morale of nearby friendly units, the morale of towns, as they would be better informed.

- A button "surrender" would appear next to unit already in combat. This would allow it to cease the fighting and will be from now on moved by the "winner", albeit still wearing the "looser's" flag;

- Surrendered units can be exchanged for ressources;

- Surrendered units will fight for the "winner" after four days;

- Surrendered units do not regain strength
      so, basically, give over your troops that are in terrible shape....

Stalin would approve
      This player may have been reactivated in October 27th 2017