Demolish Buildings

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I was just going to make a post about this exact same idea. Since the follow-up rebuttal wasn't well thought out, let me elaborate on the idea.

1) Resource Cost to Demolish- I actually agree with this, but, the only cost should be Manpower and Time, and maybe Food. Why would you use anything else when you aren't building something?

2) The concept that you always need more Factories might be true. But why would you build a Factory in a Province with no resources? Why would you build anything in a Province with no resources? I can see maybe Airfields, if your strategy employs them. Perhaps Naval Yards, if your strategy employs them. But for the bulk of players, like myself, we only use Armies to take out our enemies. Demolishing a Factory in a Province with no resources, or any other building for that matter, only makes sense.

3) Demolishing could be an extremely useful Tactic in a slugfest with another player. If you're constantly going back and forth in a region, or over even a single Province, razing the buildings would only help you. Why give your enemy something they can use against you?
    • BrutalArt1st wrote:

Why would you use anything else when you aren't building something?
      Bulldozers etc need to be built to do the job.

BrutalArt1st wrote:

But why would you build a Factory in a Province with no resources? Why would you build anything in a Province with no resources
      The AI builds it and it can come in handy.

BrutalArt1st wrote:

But for the bulk of players, like myself, we only use Armies to take out our enemies.
      lol noob

BrutalArt1st wrote:

Demolishing could be an extremely useful Tactic in a slugfest with another player
      That is a Scorched Earth type thing, something we have already talked about.

Forum ArmyField Marshall :00000441:

Mess with the Bill, you get the scorn!

• Another benefit to demolishing is that the factory or other building you just acquired in a new province might be useless to you if it is in the wrong location. If you're playing Russia, for example, you have the edge of the map on one side, and any factories you might win in eastern Turkey or Arabia would be useless to you if the bulk of your fighting is in eastern or central Europe. Why build a new unit way the heck in eastern Turkey only to waste several days to march it into battle against Germany? It would be nice to demolish buildings or airfields or navy bases in areas deep within your territory where you don't need them.

And really, bulldozers? Are you saying bulldozers take up more resources than a naval base or factory? You don't have to rebuild brand new bulldozers every time you tear down a building. Bulldozers can be reused you know.
    • Enlightened2 wrote:

Why build a new unit way the heck in eastern Turkey only to waste several days to march it into battle against German
      Long supply lines, yes, but those factories are very safe if you start to lose and you can also attack Yugo and NA.

Enlightened2 wrote:

Are you saying bulldozers take up more resources than a naval base or factory
      So you want to have a bulldozer as unit so you can reuse it?

Forum ArmyField Marshall :00000441:

Mess with the Bill, you get the scorn!