Map Generation Issue

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Peter Mat wrote:

If we each do this (One thread per map), we should be able to complete the list in a reasonable time.

Do you want the military as assigned to provinces or just a total count of each unit type?

Also do you want the terrain type of each province?
      Speaking only for myself, as I am sure other players may have different concerns, I am primarily concerned with the resource types and the output of those resources by province because I like to select countries that have well-balanced food, oil and metals production. Countries that have excellent rare materials production are usually lacking in one of the other key resources, and I will still pick a country that has excellent food, oil and metals even if it is lacking in rare materials (e.g., Ukraine on the 22-player map) because you start with a decent supply of RMs at the outset of the game and "bad" RM production usually gives you about 50 to 60% of what you need to run your research cycles 24/7 during the first week after your initial RM supply is exhausted. By spending 2500 to 5000 gold units, you can usually buy more than enough RMs to make up the shortfall until you conquer two or three neighbors to attain about 5000 tons of RMs production daily, which is about what you need to produce to keep your research cycles running 24/7.