Naval Battle clariffication help?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Naval Battle clariffication help?

1. From what i understand an submarine attack in kinda melee action... but it will be more normalt that also to have a range of attack, cause he fire a torpile from distance. This is my sugestion, and the question is like that: when a destoyer find a sub and start bombarding him from 30km range, the sub do not fire back right? So if i am not online, my sub will get smahed up and the destroyer will not suffer any damage, right?

2. if i have a stack with 3 battleships and 3 destroyer and put them to attack, then the stack will start to attack from 50km range, that is the battleship range. The question is: even if i have 1 stack, only the battleships will fire , right? So my suggestion, when we have stack like that and order to attack, it will be more realistic to go close to tha target, taking in consideration the smaller range of the units in the stack.

3. Can anyone say what will be the good strategy for naval battle stack?

Thx
    • 3. My strategy is to build a stack of the max number of each unit based on efficiency. This would be three each battleships and carriers, five cruisers, seven destroyers and eight subs. I would replace the losses to keep the stack that size and avoid overstacking unless the reinforcements come under threat.
    • Zimbrisor wrote:

when a destoyer find a sub and start bombarding him from 30km range, the sub do not fire back right?
      Correct. That is the primary advantage that in-game destroyer units have over submarine units.

Zimbrisor wrote:

if i have a stack with 3 battleships and 3 destroyer and put them to attack, then the stack will start to attack from 50km range, that is the battleship range. The question is: even if i have 1 stack, only the battleships will fire , right?
      Correct. The destroyer units will not contribute to the attack of your stack unless they are also within range of the targeted enemy unit(s). That said, if the targeted enemy units do not include battleships, as your example stack does, you are inflicting damage on the enemy units while the are inflicting no damage on yours. That is obviously a huge advantage.

Also note that the range of naval gunfire increases at certain levels of research for each unit type. For example, the range of naval gunfire for battleships increases from 50 km to 70 km when the L4 BB research is completed. You need to spend a little time reading and comparing the unit spec sheets for each research level to fully appreciate the incrementally increasing capabilities of each unit type.