Make semi core province

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Make semi core province

i goth an idea of making province's semi core you have to build / pay amount of cash and goods and metal for making an province semi core .

if the province is semi core you earn 63% instead of 25 % of the province

i was thinking that you should pay 7500 cash 1000 metal and 1000 good and it is an semi core prince after you paid this amount

this i an idea i just had don't know if it something good to add or it would benifit it also costs but it should pay of evently with the higher income
    • truw it can also have na limit if with an limit i think for every semi core province you build you need 3 uncore provinces

just an idea

if all are possibele cause the high cost of it you wount geth all of them enyway i think but this should be tested first before laucnhing in all games aswel
    • I am not sure what the best solution to this issue is, but I do know that the stark dichotomy of 100% production for core resource provinces vs. 25% production for non-core (captured) provinces is (a) an abstraction/simplification of a key concept that the developers were trying to include, but (b) the stark, across-the-board 100% vs. 25% production rates is not terribly realistic. There should be a better, more realistic way to build this concept into the game, based on either the duration of the conquering country's occupation or the distance from the conquering country, or some combination of the two.
    • I can imagine all sorts of complicated ways to do this. What follows is my preference.

I believe the base elements of this should stick to the idea that it is not easy, fast or terribly productive.

First, historically, I can not think of any conquered country in the WWII time frame that was especially thrilled to join the side of the conquering nation. Even the Czech and Austrian peoples had misgivings about marching off to war with Germany against the world and they shared a heritage.

Second there is a play balance issue. Allowing for early gain of additional Core Provinces will give nations that start in the midst of production rich areas (think Germany) even more incentive / reward for a quick "conquer as much as possible as quickly as possible" strategy. The fast(er) return on the investment in a rampaging army is definitely a play balance issue.

Personally, I would like to see this be an Espionage mission. A fourth option for the spy would be "subvert population" or "incite unrest" or "overthrow government" or some such wording. It would take spies and cost $$$ just like the other three missions. In an enemy controlled province this action would reduce morale. This leads to the possibility of a rebellion. If this mission is continued in a captured province, it will (slowly) raise the morale. Once the target province is in the green zone (>75%) the production rate of the target province would also increase at 1% (or appropriate slow rate) per day.

The max production rate is reset to 25% if the province changes hands. Nothing like getting overrun by the enemy to remind folks of why they don't want to be part of the Empire.

This means that on day 76 of that game where you conquered and immediately turned green the province next door to your home land, they will _finally_ be producing at a rate equal to your own lands, if you have sustained a propaganda campaign to change the minds of the population. In game time, this also reflects years of time of being on the good side of a war.

• fleringe wrote:

i was thinking that you should pay 7500 cash 1000 metal and 1000 good and it is an semi core prince after you paid this amount
      For double encome??? even single Building is more expensive, dude. For double encome you schould pay at least 2 weeks basik encome of province. In that way your idea could be worth to thinking about for hypotetically puting on roadmap of year 2020.

MontanaBB wrote:

across-the-board 100% vs. 25% production rates is not terribly realistic. There should be a better, more realistic way to build this concept into the game,
      One more time for new players who missed last some hundred threads of crying about *too high* penalty of non-core provinces. It is simple game, but developer tryed make it realistic. So since at least 4000 thouthands years trying humans build an empire over the whole world. Up yet without success. The 75% peanalty make it really hard, near to impossivle to build a whole world empire in this game, if opposite players dont quit or qont cooperate.

Also it is realistic enough... (not the production is reducted, by 75% but *clean* encome of conquered provinces. the rest go on for rebuilding civil infrastrukture, low moral of conquered workers, higher corruptions rate, expensive civil order, fighting against foreignerhaters in own core states who dont want new *foreigner* civilian with same civil right like god own nation, on so on...)

Also it is more then realistic that conquered provinces bring only 25% of core province.

F. Marion wrote:

First, historically, I can not think of any conquered country in the WWII time frame that was especially thrilled to join the side of the conquering nation. Even the Czech and Austrian peoples had misgivings about marching off to war with Germany against the world and they shared a heritage.
      if you show me a game round, where a conqueror stop after conquering only few neighbour countries, you would get a cookie.

F. Marion wrote:

"conquer as much as possible as quickly as possible" strategy.
      This strategie exist already. Called *Blitzkrieg*, I knew different server where this name used for. (german, english and russian). Im thinking at least half of players worldwide would undesrstand, what it mean.

And *Blitzkrieg* strategy has two sides of medal. Some players destroy a round, and may be quit later, if they see that they have too much military but too weak economic power. A medium experianced players dont use blitzkrieg cause of huge penalty for none-core. If your idea would be emplemented, we would have many more *blitzkrieg*-player. It would ruin the game.

F. Marion wrote:

the fast(er) return on the investment in a rampaging army is definitely a play balance issue.
      You make thoughts about balance? Really? That's why you want to destroy existed ballance?

What is point to make none-core more profitable? You have troubles with economy? But if you can have stronger economy cause of upgrading of none-cores, then same edge would have your opponents. Also you would not stay better after upgrade as before. It is already ballanced.

Display Spoiler
      Just no. Point.

The post was edited 1 time, last by f118 ().

• I would agree that production in a conquered country should be lower than at home however to suggest that it should be an across the board 25% rate is just too simple. From a programming standpoint I understand it as it keeps things simple but if realism is still part of Bytro's philosophy than at some point in time there should be some sort of adjustment as to how the morale plays out in conquered situations.

I like the idea that was mentioned in another thread about the ability to build units\buildings that aren't for fighting\defending but are used to increase production rates in conquered territories. Military police units that depending on the amount and their level would allow for higher morale increases at a faster rate especially in the production cities. Buildings like red cross tents for injured civilians that could also play into morale increases and also provide a means for units to heal at a faster rate if they are in a city with a hospital\red cross building.

Yes conquered people more than likely aren't happy about being turned into slaves but it was the slaves that built the pyramids so even if their morale was complete shit they still ended up accomplishing a world wonder.

Besides production isn't completely tied to morale anyway. If you got someone standing on your back with a stick and they say "You will produce 10 of these in an hour or I'm going to beat you senseless with this stick!" It is possible for you to complete 10 in an hour even though you aren't happy about it. How many are you going to put out?
      "It is even better to act quickly and err than to hesitate until the time of action is past." - Karl Von Clausewitz

• One thing to note is this game is available 24/7. While some people can play many hours a day if they chose, a lot of people also have to work and have family responsibilities. The penalty for non-core is to keep folks that can play constantly from being able to roll over those that have limited game time.