Pinned What is the best way to increase production of resources?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I have opinions and I have facts. But what is fine is whatever you want to do. First and foremost, this is a game. Do whatever makes you happy and embrace flexibility. Accept loss, celebrate victory, congratulate others and exude kindness and courtesy to your opponents.

If you want a signet of approval, then I hereby bestow upon thee thy right of self-determination. Now, play on and play happy.
      It seemed like such a waste to destroy an entire battle station just to eliminate one man. But Charlie knew that it was the only way to ensure the absolute and total destruction of Quasi-duck, once and for all.

The saying, "beating them into submission until payday", is just golden...pun intended.

R.I.P. Snickers <3
    • I believe Diabolical's I-don't-know-how-many-words speech is pretty useful. Yes, ATs are needed on day one, but just how about build basic stuff on day one. Subs are extremely useful, since they pretty much blockade your seas (note U-boat campaign WWI). I think in the market, you buy stuff that costs less than 6-8 per piece, so you can earn from a cheap selling (unless if you REALLY need it). From what I've read, players usually start out with tanks (note the quote of LTs are OP first few games), but they rarely go for naval power. Cruisers are generally a very good choice in navy, since they offer anti-air and are cheaper than battleship. A mix of everything is best, but as you all know, without using gold, you have to ditch some research. If you're landlocked, try aerial and artillery advantage, as one has said. Building too much is risky, since your investment may go away by enemy attacks.

In conclusion: Best defense is offense! (leave some troops for emergency though)
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • Diabolical wrote:

I'm not fond of building Infrastructure before IC's. I know I'm in the minority on this one. But I've been burned more than once for not having upgraded IC's right off the bat (think "mass-sabotage on day 2"). As a rule, probably the only other thing I stick to the most (after the barracks), is that I will usually upgrade most -- if not all -- of my IC's to level 2 before Infrastructure. And I won't build level 2 Infrastructure until the IC has been upgraded to level 3. That way I don't have to worry about battle losses because the IC is recoverable and survives both being invaded and liberated without having to (re)invest the Rare Materials.
      The recent increase in the cost of Infrastructure makes this strategy more attractive.
    • Nooberium wrote:

The recent increase in the cost of Infrastructure makes this strategy more attractive.
      I have not done the math since the recent infrastructure cost increases were implemented, and I will try to do so later tonight.

One thing you should keep in mind, however, is that not only do L1, L2 and L3 infrastructure raise resource production 10%, 20% and 20% respectively, but each level of infrastructure also raises province morale 5%and higher province morale also contributes to higher resource production, Moreover, the 15% morale boost of L3 infrastructure will usually be enough to raise province morale to 100% for most core resource provinces for most countries.

Infrastructure is now a "two-fer," and the higher construction costs reflect that.
    • MontanaBB wrote:

Infrastructure is now a "two-fer," and the higher construction costs reflect that.
      Ah, but that added cost is significant. And, combined with the higher aircraft costs, has forced Oil to become an even greater and more-rare commodity than before. The resource imbalance by this sudden increase in demand for Oil has altered all games for the best and for the worst.

People are still trying to build the same as before, aircraft galore, too much Infrastructure, and not enough factory-based economy. Now, since the update, I've encountered opponents who've stubbornly refused to build less aircraft and I've totally decimated their armies because they had to sacrifice tanks to have enough Oil for those aircraft. One of those same opponents thinks that the solution to [his problem of] overbuilding aircraft is to switch to building nothing but AA Guns...simply because I countered his endless bombers with sacrificial fighters while my tanks bowled him over. And his "AA" folly will be quickly disproven when my tanks roll through his core.
      It seemed like such a waste to destroy an entire battle station just to eliminate one man. But Charlie knew that it was the only way to ensure the absolute and total destruction of Quasi-duck, once and for all.

The saying, "beating them into submission until payday", is just golden...pun intended.

R.I.P. Snickers <3
    • Any mono-culture ultimately leads to starvation....

Combined weapons of the right choice (matching abilities or complementing abilities) is the only right choice, when facing experienced enemies IMHO.

Further, this game is so incredibly well thought through, that there is truly an answer to each threat, as long as you are willing to spend the brain resources to think-up the solution.

And there is no 1-solution-fits-all to the questions posed.

Under threat of TBs, AA is a great answer, but not just AA. Under threat of LTs, AT is a great answer, but not just AT.

Not much oil? Build an army using what you do have and use your oil for specific builds and purposes until the situation improves. Or vice versa.

Make your plan according to the given situation and, as suggested before in this thread: stay flexible, stay informed and think ahead.

Oh, and above all, don't forget to have fun!

I just ended a map where I made my mortal enemy a member of our winning coalition, 4 minutes before the reset that would end the game on points. Why? Because the smart, intensive and inventive combat, sneaky diplomacy and outright murder were the best in a long time :)
      After all, easy wins are the least fun !