Suggestion- A "NO GOLD" option for matchmaking.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Suggestion- A "NO GOLD" option for matchmaking.

Add a "NO GOLD" feature to matchmaking. 8
        yes. (5) 63%
        no. (3) 38%
      I suggest this because of people who use gold excessively. It's extremely frustrating when you just start a match and get wiped out by a nation who's using gold to gain an unfair advantage against player's who cannot afford gold or people who don't use gold. I know it may sound a bit whiney but for player's like me who can't buy gold (or don't trust the internet to do so) It make's the game appear unfair and nearly deters me from playing the game. I enjoy strategy and when I found this game it's something I found entertaining and a well made game. But being wiped out instantly without a fair fight is annoying. Plus I believe it would make the game much more strategy, and politically based making you think more about your decision's

So I am formerly suggesting your team apply's a "no gold" feature to the matchmaking.
    • You may try to put together a request for an agreement between players, but as players buying gold is how we maintain our servers, we cant enforce that. Its an honor system entirely and its not a rule break for players to use gold, except in Players League games.
      EN Community Support

• Best thing to do is get you a little yourself and keep it just for times like you mentioned. I use gold but not as an advantage to wipe someone out as if this becomes your natural strategy this game will be expensive for you. After a while you can earn some gold from playing an winning in games on a regular basis but this wont provide what you need to fend off an attack like you mentioned.

You can either use gold to defend form early blitz attacks until you figure out how to do it without gold or you can archive that game and move on to another one. If you have two players team up on you and blitz you and you are by yourself, without gold you are dead. So my advice would be to play and use diplomacy quickly and early, especially on the 100 player maps, without allies in there you are basically dead anyway. Nothing wrong with the first thing you do is determine who is around you and offer to share map with what looks to be a stronger player. Many of times this is better than asking as being able to see in of itself is a huge advantage. They might say no if you ask but if you offer to share map you'll be surprised how many wont say no to that.

In this game Allies > Gold

If were meant to be easy it wouldn't be any fun!!
      "It is even better to act quickly and err than to hesitate until the time of action is past." - Karl Von Clausewitz

• You can also try Players League, where gold use is forbidden under the rules. Games only last one month and the competition is quite fierce. go to the community section to see more, march sign ups will likely be out in late February.
      "A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

"Do, or do not. There is no try" - Yoda
    • Jewbear wrote:

You may try to put together a request for an agreement between players, but as players buying gold is how we maintain our servers, we cant enforce that. Its an honor system entirely and its not a rule break for players to use gold, except in Players League games.
      JB, almost everyone above the age of 12 understands that there is no such thing as a "free lunch." With that understanding, there are many of us who would willingly pay to be able to play in gold-free games. As for myself, I would gladly pay 10,000 to 20,000 gold units (or the U.S. dollar equivalent of $5 to $10) to be able to play a gold-free game against other experienced players. The other obvious alternative would to have a set-fee buy-in of, say, 50,000 or even 100,000 gold units, and that would be the maximum amount of gold which any player could expend in that game, and I would also gladly buy in on that basis too. If Bytro were smarter about gold use, it could sell a lot more gold, and host games that appealed to experienced players who desire to test their skills against others on an absolutely equal footing.

The post was edited 1 time, last by MontanaBB ().

• MontanaBB wrote:

Jewbear wrote:

You may try to put together a request for an agreement between players, but as players buying gold is how we maintain our servers, we cant enforce that. Its an honor system entirely and its not a rule break for players to use gold, except in Players League games.
      JB, almost everyone above the age of 12 understands that there is no such thing as a "free lunch." With that understanding, there are many of us who would willingly pay to be able to play in gold-free games. As for myself, I would gladly pay 10,000 to 20,000 gold units (or the U.S. dollar equivalent of $5 to $10) to be able to play a gold-free game against other experienced players. The other obvious alternative would to have a set-fee buy-in of, say, 50,000 or even 100,000 gold units, and that would be the maximum amount of gold which any player could expend in that game, and I would also gladly buy in on that basis too. If Bytro were smarter about gold use, it could sell a lot more gold, and host games that appealed to experienced players who desire to test their skills against others on an absolutely equal footing.
      As good as an idea as that sounds, its not currently in play, in the current moment, Players League and Staff invitationals would be your best bet. If you would like to submit that idea, put it in the suggestions tab on the forum.
      EN Community Support

• I too would gladly spend a monthly fee for gold free games. To me this game is worth as much as World of Warcraft or even more. Say 20 dollars a month or so? It would be nice if it was at least an option. Heck even make a counter offer and say 40 bucks a month for gold free games and you might be suprised how many subscriptions you'd sell. As it is I start to play and then blow money on gold just to keep up then get frustrated and stop playing. You definately don't win in that scenario. IMHO.
    • I figured the HC (High Command) category of player would be a good starting point for "no gold" option games. Except for the freebie HC at the beginning, HC means the player is putting shekels on the table to play. A game creation option that limits to HC players and allows for a "no gold game" would use existing cash flow processes (HC purchase) to create a higher quality gaming experience for those willing to pay for HC.

The non-HC player is then faced with either buying into HC to get away from gold spamming or deal with gold spamming by putting shekels into a defensive war reserve fund.

Bytro can then actually have a somewhat stable income stream from HC purchases that are done in multi-month segments. A stable player base of HC buyers gives the head office less fits when it comes time to make payroll each month.