Mobile rocket launcher unit

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Mobile rocket launcher unit

I think a great addition to the game would be mobile rocket launchers. They had them in WW2 so it's a realistic idea.

The first one you build would have a rocket on it already but in order to reload it once fired, you would have to group your rocket caravans with the mobile launchers in order for them to be fired with out needing an air base.

Example. You have a mobile rocket launcher (MRL) division, And you have 5 rockets at an airbase ready to fire. You would simply group the 5 rockets wherever the MRL is and It would give you the option to fires 1 of the 5 rockets every 10 20 minutes (reload time) without having to wait 24hrs for an airbase to be built.

And if you have more than 1 MRL you could fire multiple rockets, but the key would be for the rockets caravans to have to travel with the MRL's in order for them to be reloaded on the move.

There could also be a risk to this option, like you cannot move the MRL's while they are being reloaded. If you do move them to run away from invaders you would have to restart the 10 20 minute reloading process.

Not my best idea but surely a good one. Let me know your thoughts and keep up the good work guys, still loving the game! :thumbsup: :beer:
    • Peachez wrote:

I think a great addition to the game would be mobile rocket launchers. They had them in WW2 so it's a realistic idea.
      Yes, real world V-2s were designed to be mobile, and had specially designed carriers, fuel tankers, and mobile launch control vehicles. Once a secure, camouflaged launch site was selected, I believe it took an hour or two to prepare the rocket for launch, during which time the rocket was effectively defenseless if discovered by patrolling aircraft.

Real world V-1s, on the other hand, were not so mobile because they required large launch ramps that required substantial time to assemble. Our in-game L1 rockets are supposed to correspond to V-1 technology.

The problem with our in-game version of rockets is that they are far too powerful and far too accurate in comparison with their real world, WW2 counterparts. There was no non-nuclear rocket of the 1940s or 1950s that could accurately target and kill an entire regimental size unit (1,000 to 2,000 men) in the field. They were strategic weapons of terror used against large population and industrial centers, but their tactical use against military units was almost worthless. As a result of the in-game rockets being over-powered and too accurate, combined with their relatively short production time and inexpensive production costs, is that they lend themselves to being spammed and can have a massive distortionary effect on game outcomes.

I would gladly support adding free mobility to L2 through L4 rockets if and only if their accuracy and lethality vs. military units is greatly reduced, thus making them a more realistic approximation of WW2 era V-2s. Simply adding free mobility to already over-powered rockets would only make them more powerful and less realistic than they already are.
    • MontanaBB wrote:

Peachez wrote:

Yes, real world V-2s were designed to be mobile, and had specially designed carriers, fuel tankers, and mobile launch control vehicles. Once a secure, camouflaged launch site was selected, I believe it took an hour or two to prepare the rocket for launch, during which time the rocket was effectively defenseless if discovered by patrolling aircraft.
      Real world V-1s, on the other hand, were not so mobile because they required large launch ramps that required substantial time to assemble. Our in-game L1 rockets are supposed to correspond to V-1 technology.

The problem with our in-game version of rockets is that they are far too powerful and far too accurate in comparison with their real world, WW2 counterparts. There was no non-nuclear rocket of the 1940s or 1950s that could accurately target and kill an entire regimental size unit (1,000 to 2,000 men) in the field. They were strategic weapons of terror used against large population and industrial centers, but their tactical use against military units was almost worthless. As a result of the in-game rockets being over-powered and too accurate, combined with their relatively short production time and inexpensive production costs, is that they lend themselves to being spammed and can have a massive distortionary effect on game outcomes.

I would gladly support adding free mobility to L2 through L4 rockets if and only if their accuracy and lethality vs. military units is greatly reduced, thus making them a more realistic approximation of WW2 era V-2s. Simply adding free mobility to already over-powered rockets would only make them more powerful and less realistic than they already are.
      I simply refuse to agree with this, even though I know you are completely right......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!