How does one heal/repair units?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hello,

All units that are on friendly territory, either your or your allies will heal at the day change which is midnight German time or other world Central European Time.
      Ships heals wherever they are, tho they're not allowed to be attacking if they're suppose to heal
      Also Planes heals only if they're landed on a airbase
      Planes won't heal on a aircraft carrier
      My Regards
      Mathex319
      EN community
      Senior Game Operator
    • b2k01 wrote:

Is there a way to 'heal' damaged units?
      FYI, in answer to your original question, units that are damaged automatically recover their strength (combat effectiveness, or "morale" as it was previously called) incrementally at the rate of 15% of the unit's current "damage" (i.e. the difference between 100% and the unit's current strength) per day.

As an example, if the unit's current strength is only 20% (= 100% - 80% damage), it will recover 12% of its strength (= .15 x .80) at the next daily update. If the unit's current strength is 80% (= 100% - 20% damage), it will recover 3% (= .15 x .20) at the next update. Ground and air units must be present on their own territory for the recovery/"healing" process to occur; naval units can be located anywhere. There is an open question whether units will recover when they are present on an ally's territory (see above).

Also, you can restore a unit's strength in 10% increments by spending gold. This can be expensive, and is usually cost ineffective for most units. There is a button for this on the unit stack's dialog window. The cost in gold varies by the number and type of units in the stack.

The post was edited 2 times, last by MontanaBB ().

• Montana is right, all units except warships will regenerating only on their own territory. Airplanes also may be in the air from there. Warships regenerate everywhere on the water.

For some more details click here >> forum.callofwar/thread/8968-planes-on-aircraft-carrier-morale-regen/ <<
      - old post, but still valid.

Or here >> forum.callofwar.com/index.php?thread/23852-details-about-units-regeneration <<

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D

The post was edited 1 time, last by Restrisiko: added another link ().

• Restrisiko wrote:

Airplanes also may be in the air from there.
      To be crystal clear, damaged aircraft units will also recover at the same rate described above while they are in the air if they are patrolling from an air base located in your own territory, or they are flying between two air bases in your own territory. Aircraft units are also supposed to recover as described when they are based on one of your own aircraft carriers, although in my own experiences I have encountered some inconsistencies with aircraft "healing" when they are based on carriers. As an aside, aircraft units can only operate from your own carriers and not those of your allies; rights of way, etc., do not apply to carrier operations.
    • You can speed up healing by using gold but other than that there is no other way except waiting for day's turn 15% reinforcements.

The game assumes that each unit has with them a field hospital, medics, engineers, mechanics etc. so that's where the 15% healing every day comes in.

Like I have said in a related thread concerning this topic: realistically 15% healing for a unit would have been beyond a miracle for hundreds of units during World War Two.