Do you capture a players resources in combat

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Yup. ^^
      In conquering a province you capture the resources / money produced so far that day in this province.
      If you conquer a capital, you also capture half of the nation's money.

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • FinnDaddy wrote:

Great info. So all else aside, you will get a bigger amount if you take the province shortly before day change?
      I could be wrong, but based on personal observation, I was under the impression that you received a windfall of approximately 50% of the then-current daily resource production of the province immediately prior to its capture. I have not observed any correlation between the size of the windfall and time of day relative to the daily update.
    • MontanaBB wrote:

FinnDaddy wrote:

Great info. So all else aside, you will get a bigger amount if you take the province shortly before day change?
      I could be wrong, but based on personal observation, I was under the impression that you received a windfall of approximately 50% of the then-current daily resource production of the province immediately prior to its capture. I have not observed any correlation between the size of the windfall and time of day relative to the daily update.
      Ok, this is 2 hypotheses to test. I will try to post when I take some measurements and find if either one is correct.
    • FinnDaddy wrote:

MontanaBB wrote:

FinnDaddy wrote:

Ok, this is 2 hypotheses to test. I will try to post when I take some measurements and find if either one is correct.
      Yeah, that'd be awesome. I'm also curious about your results :D
    • Its a little hard paying that much attention during games and watching the exact moment and recording the results, so more info will be coming later. Here is 2 results so far, which is not enough for me to figure out the exact formula so far:
      1) I took a players core and received 60% of the pre conquest daily Goods production and %60 of the daily cash production for that territory. I didn't look at manpower. This was 3 hours after day change.
      2) I lost a non-core food territory and my food was reduced by 50% food and 50% of the state daily production for that territory. This was 16 hours after day change.

My gut so far is that the time of attack does not effect the resources gained/lost, but I need to do some more testing to see if the 60% conquering, 50% when loosing is consistent.

If anyone else wants to do some tests, add them here. Otherwise I will wait until I get a batch of samples from a variety of situations before I post anymore with my conclusion.
    • To my understanding (currently) when you capture a province you capture all of the resources that the province had accumulated during that day. So my guess that it is actually more profitable to capture resource producing provinces near the end of the game day.
      So far from my observations capturing provinces provides very very few resources ingeneral. But capturing a players capital will score you half of their available cash (so if your under attack, store your money in buy orders on the commodities market).
    • MontanaBB wrote:

GrandNagusZek wrote:

So far from my observations capturing provinces provides very very few resources ingeneral.
      If you're keeping track, I think you will discover that the resource windfall for capturing one of an enemy's core resource provinces is substantially greater than capturing one of his non-core provinces.
      Yes, of course Core provinces score you alot more resources.
      But unless its the beginning of a game, you are using not fighting over core provinces.
    • GrandNagusZek wrote:

But unless its the beginning of a game, you are using not fighting over core provinces.f
      At the end of the day, you finish off your human opponents by taking their core provinces. I've taken down plenty of small fry in the opening stages of games, and had the benefit of the windfalls from taking their core resource provinces. But you win games by taking down the big boys, typically about midway to two thirds of the way through the game. I go for the jugular -- if I can find a way to circumvent a human enemy's captured provinces, and attack, cripple or capture his core provinces earlier, I will usually take that chance.
    • BRDubbs wrote:

Not sure if you get anything immediately unless it is the capital.
      You get a windfall of the resource produced in a given province, immediately, when you capture a resource province. That is true without a doubt because I have witnessed the jump in my resource totals multiple times, and I have even relied on such windfalls at times to power unit production.

The real questions are how big are those windfalls, and how are they calculated?
    • WiseOdin wrote:

Actually, every time to capture a province, you get 12 hours worth of that province's production. When you capture an enemy capital, you get a morale and cash boost, and they take a hit to their morale.

See other thread linked here: Conquering countries
      According to @WiseOdin, the answer is 12 hours worth of the captured province's resource production (i.e., 50% of the daily total production).