Different Trade Capabilities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Different Trade Capabilities

Sometimes people don't want to give up all of their money for some oil maybe they want to throw in a province or two instead. Sometimes province trading is not equal and you wish you could add in some resources but you cant. You must be able to provide a more diverse trade.

Also offer technology trading, able to spread their power faster with allies (keeps the importance of allies).

Counter offers should be made capable, so that if you only want to tweak their offer you can do so without creating a whole new trade.

Also if their could be some way to pay a country to do something for you that could be nice too, but there would have to be a way to ensure their doing what was asked, possibly a newspaper article at headlines with the rest of the player articles. Or maybe the payment is made after the offer is completed, for example:

Colombia offers to pay Argentina 4,000 dollars to attack a specific province in Chile, and once that province has been taken the payment is fulfilled, and 4,000 dollars is given to Argentina. Or perhaps Germany wants the UK to attack northern islands of Denmark, to give to Germany, the province is given to Germany after occupation, and if they are not allies, then it will wait for the UK to exit the province, then it will be given to Germany and the payment is made.

If these things can be added, it would greatly help the game improve in diplomatic activity. :thumbsup:
    • Actually all of that is doable now, but has to be done through negotiation and trust. The trade function is just a tool to allow you to implement your agreements.
      "A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

"Do, or do not. There is no try" - Yoda
    • Ok but why not add it, it is a very small feature, all you have to do is add a "add offer" / "Counteroffer" buttons

The other thing where you ask for something to be done, can be done later, or never, but legit, the rest is so helpful. So why not add it.

Also, in addition to the rest of the things I have said previously, I find it very annoying how you can only make one province trade a day, like dood if its on anti cheat its not like ur going to give all of your provinces to some random guy!! bruh im trying to even out borders so let me its really annoying.
    • Peter Mat wrote:

Actually all of that is doable now, but has to be done through negotiation and trust.
      Exactly right.

I have done numerous trade deals that involved more than one resource for another single resource. I have never had anyone attempt to welch on a deal, and then fail to transfer for the second, third or fourth components of a multi-element trade deal. The key is to be crystal clear on the different resources to be transferred and the timing of the transfers.
    • Creating the whole new trade is an effective way to handle the counter offer, both between players in messaging and on the Market.

If I don't like the offer in a player v player exchange, I make a new offer I like and reject the old one. Add some words and it is all handled in the existing mechanic.

In any Market transaction, you have the ability to buy all, some or none of any offer. Further, you have the ability to place for sale any amount of resource you have, up to the limit of what is currently in stock, at what ever price you want.

With these tools available, I don't see a need to divert programmer time to this wish, compared to other issues that are actually preventing game play.