German Tactical Bombers

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• German Tactical Bombers

Should the Stuka be Added? 6

The result is only visible to the participants.

Earlier today, I was just randomly looking at the German Tactical Bombers to see what they had. I was utterly surprised to see and He 111 and a Ju 88 along with an Ar 234. In addition, I was actually pissed at the fact that the infamous Ju-87 wasn't present. When I looked through the naval bombers, I was even more pissed off at the fact that the Ju-87 was present there (albeit as the Ju-87C), and not in the tactical bombers. I believe that either the He 111, Ju 88 or the Ar 234 should be replaced by the Stuka (Ju-87) since the Stuka was a much more effective bomber than either of those. Also, the He 111 is a light bomber, the Ju 88 was ultimately a failed project, and the Ar 234 was more of a strategic bomber since it was a jet bomber. No jet bomber can land most of its payload on a tactical target. Please fix this and put the Ju-87 in the dive bomber area to replace one of those three.
      Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.
      -Winston Churchill

Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching.
      -George S. Patton
    • I don't disagree with the OP's basic premise -- that the Stuka was the original German tactical bomber, and indeed served through most of the war -- but the issue is also moot since we really don't distinguish between the capabilities of the units in the tech trees of different countries. In Call of War's level of abstraction, there is in fact only one tactical bomber that is shared by all in-game countries and its combat characteristics are only differentiated by the level of research completed.

So, yes, we should add the Stuka to the German tech tree for the sake of historical reference, but let's also acknowledge that the practical consequences of doing so, given the game's level of abstraction, is meaningless.
    • I do know that changing one of those bombers to the Stuka wouldn't affect anything in game, but it might as well be as historically accurate as possible.
      Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.
      -Winston Churchill

Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching.
      -George S. Patton