Rebellion Mechanisms

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Rebellion Mechanisms

So I was wondering : What are the game mechanisms for rebellions in under moraled provinces?

I am not asking for the likeliness of such event, which increases as morale decreases, but for WHO the province will go to?

I have an almost neighboring country on the 100 players map who has provinces as low as 7% only a few provinces away from me. In my logic, it should rebel in my favour. However, it has not happened and I was wondering, who does the province go to, and why does it not rebel in the first place (there is no garrison) ?

On the historical map however, the whole of Cameroon randomly rebels to Sweden... Go figure :D

Anyone can help on this?
    • There is a statistic that references "reputation". I believe it goes down when you declare war and may rise over time otherwise. I remember seeing it once upon a time (and it may have been in my brief journey into Frontline Pioneers) but can not find it anywhere in my current games. Bottom line the province would rebel to a country with a higher reputation score rather than a lower score.

You see reference to the score whenever you declare war with this message: "This action may harm our reputation" or something like that. Perhaps someone in Frontline Pioneers can confirm that the statistic I am referencing shows in the test group.
      "A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

"Do, or do not. There is no try" - Yoda
    • darksoul111 wrote:

I have an almost neighboring country on the 100 players map who has provinces as low as 7% only a few provinces away from me.
      Province rebellions usually only occur at the time of the daily update, and they rebelling provinces often -- but not always -- rebel in favor of the nearest country. The lower the province's morale drops, the more likely a rebellion is. If the country is garrisoned with troops that have a collectively strength greater than 7, however, rebellions will usually not occur.
    • Here's what I know about rebellions...

1. Places with low morale don't like you anymore.
      2. The more they feel sad, the more likely they want to leave you.
      3. Putting a large force in the sad place will make everyone not sad. For some reason.
      4. Rebellions occur at the start of each day, before recalculating morale.
      5. Putting some armies will make places less likely to revolt.
      6. If the garrison is also feeling quite sad, they will occasionally join the rebellion.
      7. In the event of a successful rebellion, the province goes to a nearby player.
      -In my experience, they tend to prefer nations with a higher average morale
      -They tend to rebel to nations which they share a border with
      -They tend to rebel to their home country, if occupied
      -Sometimes provinces with a sea border will rebel to another nation with a sea border (see: half of Spain rebels to Karelia)
      -And occasionally rebellions are drunk and decide to rebel to random people (see: Lwow, Poland, is now the capital of Luxembourg)