The new uniforms are here!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I know about the lend-lease, I was just saying that the Soviets didn't use mainly US and British gear, they had their own stuff e.g. the Zis guns, IL-2M and T-34 were very good things that they had.

Forum ArmyField Marshall :00000441:

Mess with the Bill, you get the scorn!

• Yeah I saw you said that, I was saying it was because of the fact most soviet industry was overrun during the first year of the fighting and has never been centralised since that's why Russia's current rearmament program has run into sand.
      British=best. Duh!

• comrade dave wrote:

Butter Ball Bill wrote:

Soviets mainly used their own gear though and borrowed some Brit and American gear.
      The lend-lease act gave the soviet union the weaponry they needed in the immediate invasion by the Nazis, google the "Arctic convoys" for a better understanding, once the soviets had secured their industry in the Urals and Siberia they relied less on the western allies and began to mass produce all their own things.
      The Lend-lease was only to get the Russians out of the jam, as soon as those T34s came rolling again, they relied less and less on the Lend lease. Think of it like urgent relief.
      "If the tanks succeed, then victory follows."- H.Guderian

"Hit first ! Hit hard ! Keep on hitting ! ! (The 3 H's)" Admiral Jackie Fisher

"The 3 Requisites for Success – Ruthless, Relentless, Remorseless(The 3 R's)" Admiral Fisher

Crates: a Term used to define any unwanted and unneeded feature in CoW

Game Username: LordStark01
    • freezy wrote:

Infantry has now a faction specific appearance (new uniforms).
      Does this also apply to militia, motorized and mechanized infantry? I haven't see it yet because I've had to start new games, 'cos I was away.

BTW, please start working on British uniforms. And also make most of the other units faction-specific (e.g. tanks).
      The past is a foreign country.