What Are Humans?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What Are Humans?

Are Humans Monsters? 11

The result is only visible to the participants.

Easy question(and I can imagine the answer). Are humans monsters? I think most are. Definition of monster below.

monster
      ˈmɒnstə/
      noun
      noun: monster; plural noun: monsters
      1. 1.a large, ugly, and frightening imaginary creature."a monster with the head of a hyena and hindquarters of a wolf"[table]
        [tr]
        [td]synonyms:[/td]
        [td]fabulous creature, mythical creature More[/td]
        [/tr]
        [/table]
        • an inhumanly cruel or wicked person."he was an unfeeling, treacherous monster"[table]
          [tr]
          [td]brute, fiend, beast, ogre, devil, demon, barbarian, savage, villain,sadist, animal, bogeyman; More[/td]
          [/tr]
          [/table]
        • humorousa rude or badly behaved person, typically a child."he's only a year old, but already he is a little monster"[table]
          [tr]
          [td]rascal, imp, wretch, mischief-maker, rogue, devil; More[/td]
          [/tr]
          [/table]
      2. 2.a thing of extraordinary or daunting size."this is a monster of a book, almost 500 pages"
      3. 3.a congenitally malformed or mutant animal or plant.
      verb
      BRITISHinformal
      verb: monster; 3rd person present: monsters; past tense: monstered; past participle:monstered; gerund or present participle: monstering
      1. 1.criticize or reprimand severely."my mum used to monster me for coming home so late"

Forum ArmyField Marshall :00000441:

Mess with the Bill, you get the scorn!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Butter Ball Bill ().

• Most Humans have no regard for life in general unless it directly affects them.

I have some examples here which correctly define my point:

First would be Cecil the Lion. A lot of talk over this that I happened to see was based on the comparison between a Lion's life and a Humans. Comments such as "It's only a Lion" or "You want a Human to die because they killed a Lion?"

A lot of humans definitely have some sort of superiority complex when it comes to animals of any kind. Looking at their lives as insignificant in comparison.

My second comparison would be based on the war in the Middle East. Countless people have died, be it soldiers or civilians. Yet most humans you talk to will not show compassion or sympathy/empathy for anyone other than their own countries citizens, nor care to look further into the subject unless it directly affects their life.

Humans have so much ability to dream, inspire and create whatever they so desire, yet they treat the planet, the inhabitants of the planet, and everything else like it is property and insignificant to themselves. Like they are more important.

If only we used our abilities properly. We went from Earth to the Moon in such a short amount of time when we wanted too. This could be the case for lots of different area's of our lives, giant leaps of technology. But most countries are too busy pouring money into military.
    • Another thing to look at is Yellowstone Park. Wolves were hunted to extinction in it because they killed stuff(irony?) which destroyed the ecosystem, mainly elk, aspen trees and beavers.

Since no wolves ate the elk, elk population boomed with them eating all the aspen trees which made the beavers die/move on.

When wolves were brought back in, they culled the elk(only killing the sick and weak) which let more aspen trees grow bigger which then attracted more beavers who caused rivers to flood, causing much more life throughout the entire park.

Humans killed wolves because they were killing things(elk).

• What is a monster?

- A big animal with claws and fangs that can fly and spit fire.
      Then no, most humans aren't monsters.

- Some lifeform that wants to eat me.
      Then no, most humans aren't monsters.

- A monster is anything thats scary for a human. Is another human scary for a human? Some.
      Then yes, some humans are monsters.
      What if I'm indoctrinated and actually fighting the good guys?
    • monster
      ˈmɒnstə/
      noun
      noun: monster; plural noun: monsters
      1. 1.a large, ugly, and frightening imaginary creature."a monster with the head of a hyena and hindquarters of a wolf"[table]
        [tr]
        [td]fabulous creature, mythical creature More[/td]
        [/tr]
        [/table]
        • an inhumanly cruel or wicked person."he was an unfeeling, treacherous monster"[table]
          [tr]
          [td]brute, fiend, beast, ogre, devil, demon, barbarian, savage, villain,sadist, animal, bogeyman; More[/td]
          [/tr]
          [/table]
        • humorousa rude or badly behaved person, typically a child."he's only a year old, but already he is a little monster"[table]
          [tr]
          [td]rascal, imp, wretch, mischief-maker, rogue, devil; More[/td]
          [/tr]
          [/table]
      2. 2.a thing of extraordinary or daunting size."this is a monster of a book, almost 500 pages"
      3. 3.a congenitally malformed or mutant animal or plant.
      verb
      BRITISHinformal
      verb: monster; 3rd person present: monsters; past tense: monstered; past participle:monstered; gerund or present participle: monstering
      1. 1.criticize or reprimand severely."my mum used to monster me for coming home so late"
      Origin

• Humans are not monsters, rather something more than monsters, Human is unlimited potential we can do anything with nothing holding us back, we can commit great acts of goodness and charity or unimaginable horrors and unbearable pain to others, monster describe one facet of human capability, things such as: morality,conscience, law, religion, emotions, and other similar things does not limit but control our urges, it is entirely based on our perspective what other people are.

Consider this:
      A world with absolute freedom is chaos for there is absolute nothing holding people back good or ill.
      A world where your every action is controlled by the government might be bad but it brings order.
      "Victory needs no explenation, defeat allows none"
      -imperium thought of the day
    • Not all humans are monsters, but all humans have the capability to do wicked things. Perhaps it has more to do with your upbringing? i would imagine if you told a 10 year old to kill an animal they would not be able to just do it, unless they were taught that it is an acceptable act.
      In a sane society,
      Wealth and possession will not be seen as an asset.
    • When I was 10(or around that) I killed a mouse that had been mauled by a cat and was slowly bleeding out. The other children that saw me do this were disgusted, especially since my shoe was covered in blood. I was happy though, thinking I had done the right thing since the mouse looked like it was in extreme pain. What do you guys think of this decision?